Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Sep 28th 2011, 2:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Waking up to this every morning.
I am so jealous it's not true! How long are you up there for?
Old Sep 28th 2011, 2:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I am so jealous it's not true! How long are you up there for?
We'll be leaving early next week.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Waking up to this every morning.
Wow - beautiful. Ontario can have beautiful native summers. Is that looking out towards toronto island and the yacht club?
Old Sep 28th 2011, 3:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
Wow - beautiful. Ontario can have beautiful native summers. Is that looking out towards toronto island and the yacht club?
It sure is.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:23 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Sounds like you got an early Christmas present there

Dear Human Resources.

I am extremely interested in working in this role at your company. So much so that I have actually changed the name of the job and the company in this generic letter to match the job title you posted and the name of your company. However I wasn't careful enough to ensure that the font for these two things is the same as the rest of the sentence making me look clumsy and un-serious.

I have many of the qualities and skills that you desire in this role. As long as those involve inappropriately touching horses, doing everything wrong, accusing all my coworkers of being escaped criminals and inventing fatal illnesses that will lead to all of my transgressions being ignored. In my previous role I was promoted to a role that prevented me from screwing anything else up because I simply wouldn't stop messing around with things short of my superiors actually handcuffing me to the desk. And I say promoted but it didn't involve a pay rise or an increase in responsibilities. Instead what it involved was me lording it up over my colleagues, behaving as if I some idea how the job was supposed to be conducted, destroying other people's work, closing other people's work (oh the power!) making the English guy at work cry in frustration and vaguely hiding my disturbingly shaped horse dildos on my desk from the view of my colleagues. In all seriousness though - I was totally in charge of a whole department who's name I can't actually remember correctly, and also pressed some numbers on my keyboard from time to time. Incorrectly, obviously.

As you can see, I am ideal for [insert job title here] that you have posted on your website/in the newspaper. Please feel free to ask any of my coworkers for a reference, especially the red head who likes ferrets almost as much as I like Lipinzaner ponies. Although please know that she worked for me and not the other way around so don't believe her, no matter what she says. Don't believe the others either. They are all liars, rapists and computer hackers.

Neigh, Whiney, Neigh.

My name.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:35 pm
Banned

Wanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Dear Human Resources.

I am extremely interested in working in this role at your company. So much so that I have actually changed the name of the job and the company in this generic letter to match the job title you posted and the name of your company. However I wasn't careful enough to ensure that the font for these two things is the same as the rest of the sentence making me look clumsy and un-serious.

I have many of the qualities and skills that you desire in this role. As long as those involve inappropriately touching horses, doing everything wrong, accusing all my coworkers of being escaped criminals and inventing fatal illnesses that will lead to all of my transgressions being ignored. In my previous role I was promoted to a role that prevented me from screwing anything else up because I simply wouldn't stop messing around with things short of my superiors actually handcuffing me to the desk. And I say promoted but it didn't involve a pay rise or an increase in responsibilities. Instead what it involved was me lording it up over my colleagues, behaving as if I some idea how the job was supposed to be conducted, destroying other people's work, closing other people's work (oh the power!) making the English guy at work cry in frustration and vaguely hiding my disturbingly shaped horse dildos on my desk from the view of my colleagues. In all seriousness though - I was totally in charge of a whole department who's name I can't actually remember correctly, and also pressed some numbers on my keyboard from time to time. Incorrectly, obviously.

As you can see, I am ideal for [insert job title here] that you have posted on your website/in the newspaper. Please feel free to ask any of my coworkers for a reference, especially the red head who likes ferrets almost as much as I like Lipinzaner ponies. Although please know that she worked for me and not the other way around so don't believe her, no matter what she says. Don't believe the others either. They are all liars, rapists and computer hackers.

Neigh, Whiney, Neigh.

My name.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Waking up to another beautiful fall day in Alaska. Still some colour in the trees and the temps are around 50F. I was going to head out for some retail therapy but I'm thinking a trip out and a short hike may be in order.

Photos from yesterdays wanderings ..
Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-fall-ak.jpg   What made you smile today? Part III-boys-sticks.jpg   What made you smile today? Part III-pioneer-peak.jpg  
Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:55 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
Waking up to another beautiful fall day in Alaska. Still some colour in the trees and the temps are around 50F. I was going to head out for some retail therapy but I'm thinking a trip out and a short hike may be in order.

Photos from yesterdays wanderings ..
Beautiful. Some very nice pictures there.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

This on the back of one of our students cars.

Soy bombero. No es mi trabajo, es mi vida

translation: I am a fireman. It is not my job, it's my life.

It is an all volunteer fire department here, in a city of more than 6 million, and they are truly dedicated.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 8:35 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Pre-ordered a Kindle Fire today
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It sure is.
Breathtakingly beautiful - million dollar view - enjoy!

Makes me almost but not quite want to move back east.....
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Receiving notice from revenue canada that our assessment is complete and we dont owe them any money..... Bunch of crooks - accountants with far to much time on their hands.....
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing so far......
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:36 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Nothing so far......
Being on the raving canuck's iggy list.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:38 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Being on the raving canuck's iggy list.
OK, now I'm smiling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.