Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
And now I apologise that you didn't get my joke. FFS what the hell is wrong with you lot this morning?
I haven't fully woken up yet, apparently
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:37 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I haven't fully woken up yet, apparently
You and Eb, both.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

You and Eb, both.
Alas, they won't allow me to have a nap time in work, so I guess I shall have to muddle along as best I can . . .
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:41 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Alas, they won't allow me to have a nap time in work, so I guess I shall have to muddle along as best I can . . .
No nap time? What's wrong with them? It's mandatory down here, between 2.30 and 4.00PM.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:42 pm
I have a comma problem

No nap time? What's wrong with them? It's mandatory down here, between 2.30 and 4.00PM.
That's the benefit of living in the world's largest retirement home I suppose
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:49 pm

Hell, that's just for the employed, we all have to be in line with the people that have the bulk of the money.
The retirees nap from 11am til 4pm. See, they're up at 5 in the morning to go and get the special deals on breakfast between 6 and 7, and then they have to be back out to the restaurant before 5, when the dinner pricing takes affect. The bit in between is worthless, apart from mail time when they all have to cram to the mailbox areas in the mobile home, parks to see what the government or doctors have given them that day.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking more along the lines of nursery...
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:52 pm
I have a comma problem

Hell, that's just for the employed, we all have to be in line with the people that have the bulk of the money.
The retirees nap from 11am til 4pm. See, they're up at 5 in the morning to go and get the special deals on breakfast between 6 and 7, and then they have to be back out to the restaurant before 5, when the dinner pricing takes affect. The bit in between is worthless, apart from mail time when they all have to cram to the mailbox areas in the mobile home, parks to see what the government or doctors have given them that day.
Well that sounds thoroughly depressing. I hope I don't end up like that when I'm old or I might just have my children put me down or something
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:55 pm

Well that sounds thoroughly depressing. I hope I don't end up like that when I'm old or I might just have my children put me down or something
I'm sure they won't have a problem with that.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:57 pm
I have a comma problem

I'm sure they won't have a problem with that.
Not in the least. I told my son to clean his room or his computer's gone the other day, and without batting an eyelid he turned round and informed me he would rip my throat out!

I warned him not to test me and made a move towards his plug, he shut up right quickly then
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:05 pm

Not in the least. I told my son to clean his room or his computer's gone the other day, and without batting an eyelid he turned round and informed me he would rip my throat out!

I warned him not to test me and made a move towards his plug, he shut up right quickly then
Sounds kind of perverted... no wonder he was quiet!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:07 pm
I have a comma problem

Sounds kind of perverted... no wonder he was quiet!
Shite. This is what happens when I don't proof read my posts.

We all know rightly I meant the plug for his computer
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:09 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but I'd have had him by his throat, up against the wall for that.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Man, that computer would have been gone and out of the house in a blink of an eye if any of my kids ever said that to me. Wow.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:13 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
I'm sorry, but I'd have had him by his throat, up against the wall for that.
Under normal circumstances, I'd agree, and I've had him by the scruff for less, but I gave him a by ball this time, just because I knew he was just being a wee dick, as opposed to genuinely starting a fight.

You pick and choose your battles with our son and I wasn't about to get into a shouting match over that one when I had other things to do. Normally you have only to take a step into his room and he's immediately backing off with the 'sorry, sorry, I'll do it.' Had he continued, now that'd have been a different story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.