Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:41 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I'd still have one though
Me too.

There is a 2nd gerneration Spider that lives near me (early 70's), it's stunning, makes me smile every time I see it. If I ever get to speak to the guy I'm going to give him my number to call if he ever wants to sell it.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
Me too.

There is a 2nd gerneration Spider that lives near me (early 70's), it's stunning, makes me smile every time I see it. If I ever get to speak to the guy I'm going to give him my number to call if he ever wants to sell it.
I have yet to see an Alfa out here, I just assumed you couldn't get them Stateside.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:45 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean... I had a reliant robin once... best damn toy I ever owned
This was the best toy I ever owned, it was an absolute pain in the arse, I had to park on a hill as it often wouldn't start and I would have to roll start it. It leaked water so bad that I used to have to drive to work in jeans and trainers sat on a plastic bag and change when I got to work as my butt and feet were so wet. When the sun came out though it was such a fun car
Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-gtm.jpg  
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:47 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

I have yet to see an Alfa out here, I just assumed you couldn't get them Stateside.
Don't see any Italian cars for sale at all this side of the pond.. wonder why not.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:49 pm

There are a few for sale on autotrader. Damn you for making me look

Don't see any Italian cars for sale at all this side of the pond.. wonder why not.
Apart from Ferrari and Lamboghini
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

The Americans are already perfectly capable of making cars that set themselves on fire, so no need to import them
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:04 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

This was the best toy I ever owned, it was an absolute pain in the arse, I had to park on a hill as it often wouldn't start and I would have to roll start it. It leaked water so bad that I used to have to drive to work in jeans and trainers sat on a plastic bag and change when I got to work as my butt and feet were so wet. When the sun came out though it was such a fun car
My best times in the Robin was getting on the M3 to London, pass someone in a jag or such like, and as we were passing my eldest brother would motion them to wind down their window and ask them how to get fourth gear... seen a few ...floor it.(theres nothing like a pissed orf wrodney.). only to get nicked up the road a bit for speeding. It was like the energizer bunny, it kept going and going and was cheap. Did get pulled for speeding once on the motorway.. copper let off with a warning saying he couldn't bear the stigma of having to defend his stopping a Del boy car.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:05 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

There are a few for sale on autotrader. Damn you for making me look

Apart from Ferrari and Lamboghini
Somehow don't consider them cars... they just seem to deserve a better title.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:47 am
I have a comma problem

I just put down some bass on two songs I've been farting about with for a month or two and I might actually have some genuinely usable material for the first time in ten years

Have a few more knocking around in the form of jams as well - I'm actually excited. Now if I could only write some decent lyrics too
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:24 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

I just put down some bass on two songs I've been farting about with for a month or two and I might actually have some genuinely usable material for the first time in ten years

Have a few more knocking around in the form of jams as well - I'm actually excited. Now if I could only write some decent lyrics too
Many moons ago, I wrote a further verse to a song by an English Band —that never broke 25th in the UK— but made the top 10 in the USA, and might have briefly been No. 1 in Germany ... (hard to remember now).

A mate got the idea to send it in because he thought it 'fit so well and was dead profound' ...

Got a letter back —much to my surprise— from a manager or p.r.o. that said the band thought it remarkable and would include it on their next live performance.

And, of course, they never did ...
... (still, I thought it a very polite way of saying 'Go sing F-sharp!' )
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:28 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by christian View Post
Many moons ago, I wrote a further verse to a song by an English Band —that never broke 25th in the UK— but made the top 10 in the USA, and might have briefly been No. 1 in Germany ... (hard to remember now).

A mate got the idea to send it in because he thought it 'fit so well and was dead profound' ...

Got a letter back —much to my surprise— from a manager or p.r.o. that said the band thought it remarkable and would include it on their next live performance.

And, of course, they never did ...
... (still, I thought it a very polite way of saying 'Go sing F-sharp!' )
I quite like 'go sing F#' - I might use that next time I get pissed off at a band practice
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:33 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

I quite like 'go sing F#' - I might use that next time I get pissed off at a band practice
I have my moments......though most have been memory lapses of late... Cheers!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 11:39 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 19th 2011, 1:10 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Prozac.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 1:12 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
Prozac.
Isn't that what made you smile yesterday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.