Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jul 14th 2011, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

GiffardRoss will become famous soon enoughGiffardRoss will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
You must be in the UK (lucky ) as it was just after midnight where I was typing from in the US!
I see, didnt know you are in US tho
Old Jul 14th 2011, 4:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GiffardRoss View Post
I see, didnt know you are in US tho
If you look under his Avatar, then it clearly says, 'from Fox Hill IL'. Wich should have alerted you to the fact he was from the US as, as far as I know, Illinois has always been there.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 4:52 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
If you look under his Avatar, then it clearly says, 'from Fox Hill IL'. Wich should have alerted you to the fact he was from the US as, as far as I know, Illinois has always been there.
It's understandable, Mike, they were so distracted by my well written and flowing prose that they could scarcely tear their eyes away to look at my avatar and profile information.

Oh and I can't resist pointing out that it actually quite clearly says 'Fox Lake, IL'

(No offense, I just saw the opportunity to be pedantic, and have you ever known me to turn that down?)
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:30 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

It's understandable, Mike, they were so distracted by my well written and flowing prose that they could scarcely tear their eyes away to look at my avatar and profile information.

Oh and I can't resist pointing out that it actually quite clearly says 'Fox Lake, IL'

(No offense, I just saw the opportunity to be pedantic, and have you ever known me to turn that down?)
Having been to IL once or twice I'm not sure you've always been part of the big 50 ... noticable that KM's show up on road signs... are you hiding French people up there???
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:42 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193 View Post
Having been to IL once or twice I'm not sure you've always been part of the big 50 ... noticable that KM's show up on road signs... are you hiding French people up there???
That must be downstate, I haven't seen that up this way. The state was founded by a Frenchman though so I wouldn't be surprised!

Edited to add what actually made me smile today! That would be nipping into McHenry on my lunch break to spend my birthday money on that bass I had my eye on. Took me long enough but I finally found the time, and I am now a very happy bunny indeed

Last edited by SultanOfSwing; Jul 14th 2011 at 5:50 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:53 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

That must be downstate, I haven't seen that up this way. The state was founded by a Frenchman though so I wouldn't be surprised!
Yep... noticed it around Alton and Jerseyville....

Anyway big smile today for the Doctor who took a chance and operated on my Brother(when other Dr's said no) and sounds like he may have really improved the situation of a terminally ill man.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:56 pm
I have a comma problem

Yep... noticed it around Alton and Jerseyville....

Anyway big smile today for the Doctor who took a chance and operated on my Brother(when other Dr's said no) and sounds like he may have really improved the situation of a terminally ill man.
Bloody good news, that! Improved enough to negate the need for the word 'terminally'?

Either way - still very deserving of the big smiles, and fair play to the doc who took your brother on
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Having coffee with a friend at TH - a young mentally challenged man came in with his dad for breakfast and before he left he gave everyone a big hug....soooooo sweet.....
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
Having coffee with a friend at TH - a young mentally challenged man came in with his dad for breakfast and before he left he gave everyone a big hug....soooooo sweet.....
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:14 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Bloody good news, that! Improved enough to negate the need for the word 'terminally'?

Either way - still very deserving of the big smiles, and fair play to the doc who took your brother on
Sadly no ... asbestosis.(mesothelioma). but yesterday they were saying no to anything except pills because they didn't think he could even survive local anaesthesia. But apparently this guy said that "as he could die within a week anyway", what the hell! ... good on him.

Apparently brother is now sat up in bed, bitching about NHS hospital food!!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:17 pm
I have a comma problem

Sadly no ... asbestosis.(mesothelioma). but yesterday they were saying no to anything except pills because they didn't think he could even survive local anaesthesia. But apparently this guy said that "as he could die within a week anyway", what the hell! ... good on him.

Apparently brother is now sat up in bed, bitching about NHS hospital food!!
Good on him! They have to do something, else they have essentially given up on him, isn't that against the Hypocratic Oath?
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:33 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Good on him! They have to do something, else they have essentially given up on him, isn't that against the Hypocratic Oath?
According to my S I Law.. they should have given up on him years ago. She insists that Alf Garnett and Victor Meldrew were both patterned after my brother... no seriously there is very little they can do at the later stages of this disease except make you as comfortable as possible. Only real option really is lung transplant, but he would not survive surgery.. even the Doc that took him on this morning wasn't prepared to go that way.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:36 pm
I have a comma problem

According to my S I Law.. they should have given up on him years ago. She insists that Alf Garnett and Victor Meldrew were both patterned after my brother... no seriously there is very little they can do at the later stages of this disease except make you as comfortable as possible. Only real option really is lung transplant, but he would not survive surgery.. even the Doc that took him on this morning wasn't prepared to go that way.
If they can make his final moments as comfortable as possible that is worth something.

Sorry to hear he has no other options
Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:51 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore View Post
why did his dad give everyone a hug?........
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:01 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter View Post
why did his dad give everyone a hug?........
1. Given most in shop were probably females.. why wouldn't you!
2. Pickpocket!
3. like father like son.

seriously as the brother of a mentally challenged peron they can really make your day. best one for us was when she complained that the taxi driver in the car with the blue light was rude!..and told him so!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.