Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
It's just a bundle, on ice. Why bother with the stupid puck and sticks, if all you want to do is kick the hell out of each other?
The rule is you can body check the one with the puck and the last guy to touch it. Anyone else, no. It's just part of the game to break up rushes and take away puck control. Keep your head up and get the puck to a teammate before you get nailed. But it is also a game of pinpoint passing and finesse. The Oiler team with Gretzky, Kuri, Messier, Coffee etc were the masters at that. The game has some real finesse players able to avoid those kind of hits most of the time and to get rid of the puck effectively when they know they are going to be hit. This is a frozen piece of black rubber that you need to control with a stick, pass with precision, receive with precision and then shoot accurately all while speeding on ice. Some players are masters at it, some not so much. But a super fast game, with a lot of body contact which makes the precision part more difficult to achieve and goalies with reflexes and flexibility that is often amazing, not to mention the ability to stop a puck travelling at more than 100 miles an hour. It really is an exciting game when not played by hacks.

The neutral zone trap ruined the game for a while, and often it becomes a game of clutching and grabbing against the boards, but when it is right, it is righteous.
I actually preferred Junior A hockey for a while. Young players, 15 to 20 years old, giving their all in the hope of being drafted to the NHL. Went to at least 3 games a week to see that.

Last edited by dakota44; Jul 11th 2011 at 8:30 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:32 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
The rule is you can body check the one with the puck and the last guy to touch it. Anyone else, no. It's just part of the game to break up rushes and take away puck control. Keep your head up and get the puck to a teammate before you get nailed. But it is also a game of pinpoint passing and finesse. The Oiler team with Gretzky, Kuri, Messier, Coffee etc were the masters at that. The game has some real finesse players able to avoid those kind of hits most of the time and to get rid of the puck effectively when they know they are going to be hit. This is a frozen piece of black rubber that you need to control with a stick, pass with precision, receive with precision and then shoot accurately all while speeding on ice. Some players are masters at it, some not so much. But a super fast game, with a lot of body contact which makes the precision part more difficult to achieve and goalies with reflexes and flexibility that is often amazing, not to mention the ability to stop a puck travelling at more than 100 miles an hour. It really is an exciting game when not played by hacks.
I'm afraid you must have mistaken me for someone who was interested.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

To be expected.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

After this little kerfuffle ... finding this post made me smile.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...56&postcount=4
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post

The neutral zone trap ruined the game for a while, and often it becomes a game of clutching and grabbing against the boards, but when it is right, it is righteous.
I actually preferred Junior A hockey for a while. Young players, 15 to 20 years old, giving their all in the hope of being drafted to the NHL. Went to at least 3 games a week to see that.
I prefer the "worlds" hockey championships - men and women......

I especially loved the goal where the puck was shot so hard that it went through the net during a game with germany - estimated at a speed of 130 clicks....
Old Jul 12th 2011, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I am at a friends update on facebook...

The kid next door challenged me to a water fight... Thought I'd just update my status while I wait for the kettle to boil!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:52 am
Just Joined

GiffardRoss will become famous soon enoughGiffardRoss will become famous soon enough

Solved out my problem yesterday made me happy this moring xD
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:02 am
Just Joined

sabrinas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GiffardRoss View Post
Solved out my problem yesterday made me happy this moring xD
Today is my birthday where everyone around made me happy.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:02 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sabrinas View Post
Today is my birthday where everyone around made me happy.
Well then, Happy Birthday
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am chuffed Dallas is coming back Willmore will appreciate this

http://news.ph.msn.com/top-stories/a...mentid=5035860
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:46 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post

I thought Larry Hagman was dead.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:51 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post

Me too. Shitting rainbows actually.

I thought Larry Hagman was dead.
He's not, but by the looks of him on the trailers, he will be by the time they go to air.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:57 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post

He's not, but by the looks of him on the trailers, he will be by the time they go to air.
What number liver is he on now?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:58 pm
WTF?

What number liver is he on now?
Five with a bullet.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 3:01 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Five with a bullet.
It's OK - he'll wake up in the shower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.