Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jun 10th 2011, 5:19 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
There's no excuse for some things.. especially stupidity.
Says the man who frequents the "three word story" thread ...
Old Jun 10th 2011, 9:51 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Says the man who frequents the "three word story" thread ...
That's 2 words up from what I managed when I first looked at the thread.. and even then I was just saying the word in my head.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 8:10 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Waking up this morning and realising I didn't have a hangover. Rather miraculous.
It was such a bloody miracle they announced here on the news!!
Old Jun 11th 2011, 1:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My tutor at college today, inspiring bloke - fantastic lecture.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:50 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Stocking up on goodies in Tesco to bring back with me.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:51 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Stocking up on goodies in Tesco to bring back with me.
ASDA's better...
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:55 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
ASDA's better...
Actually thats my favorite went there yesterday and Tescos today, Tesco's is alot cheaper well it was for gravy powder, stock cubes, coffee and smellies!!
Old Jun 11th 2011, 4:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
Today is our wedding anniversary and thanks to a check/cheque from Mom, we're off to Savannah for a night. We're taking today off and when asked what he wanted to do in Savannah, DH said "ride the trolley". A busman's holiday for me........
Ah well, we also (for free) are taking a dolphin cruise. I'm REALLY looking forward to that since it's calving season there should be babies to see.
Thanks for the kind wishes all, we had a great time! Didn't get to see any babies clearly, BUT we were informed that it was also mating season and so we saw dolphins involved in what the guide called "suspicious activity",
It was so hot out (24th straight day of temps in the 90s, ), that it felt good to be out on the water AND to get a different perspective of the land and landmarks that you miss when you're driving.

Dinner was at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (we had a gift certificate) and the manager who is a friend of my general manager, sent us over a tray of their desserts.

Now back to the real world.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 1:12 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the kind wishes all, we had a great time! Didn't get to see any babies clearly, BUT we were informed that it was also mating season and so we saw dolphins involved in what the guide called "suspicious activity",
It was so hot out (24th straight day of temps in the 90s, ), that it felt good to be out on the water AND to get a different perspective of the land and landmarks that you miss when you're driving.

Dinner was at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (we had a gift certificate) and the manager who is a friend of my general manager, sent us over a tray of their desserts.

Sounds lovely Cindy. I'm hoping to be visit my son & his family in Atlanta next year at this time so will have to convince them to do a road trip to Savannah to see the dolphins engage in some "suspicious activity"
Old Jun 12th 2011, 7:32 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Happy anniversary hon glad it's been a great one
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Sounds lovely Cindy. I'm hoping to be visit my son & his family in Atlanta next year at this time so will have to convince them to do a road trip to Savannah to see the dolphins engage in some "suspicious activity"
Pervert.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:38 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Pervert.
My son is 31 and I still haven't had "the talk" with him. I thought maybe a trip to watch the dolphins doing it could act as a substitute.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
My son is 31 and I still haven't had "the talk" with him. I thought maybe a trip to watch the dolphins doing it could act as a substitute.

Your son has 'family', I think he's worked it out for himself. I repeat, you're a pervert.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:38 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

My sister told me some "facts" about the US that were on a UK TV show last night.

Apparently many Americans sell their blood to blood banks to try and get by. That is when they aren't selling sperm. There was much tut-tutting with what probably happens with bidding for organs to stay alive. Also, apparently all Americans deny global warming exists (man-made or not) in spite of the killer tornadoes of late, the New Orleans flooding, or the current months long heat wave gripping the North East. Lastly, in some bizzaro Solomon and the baby story - when Americans divorce the courts will assign someone to deal with their pets - by threatening to cut them in half. The person who calls the massacre off gets the pet. This was played in it's entirety from an episode of QI where Stephen Fry and guests dont for one second imagine it to be total bollocks.

FACT.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; Jun 12th 2011 at 9:42 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
My sister told me some "facts" about the US that were on a UK TV show last night.

Apparently many Americans sell their blood to blood banks to try and get by. That is when they aren't selling sperm. There was much tut-tutting with what probably happens with bidding for organs to stay alive. Also, apparently all Americans deny global warming exists (man-made or not) in spite of the killer tornadoes of late, the New Orleans flooding, or the current months long heat wave gripping the North East. Lastly, in some bizzaro Solomon and the baby story - when Americans divorce the courts will assign someone to deal with their pets - by threatening to cut them in half. The person who calls the massacre off gets the pet. This was played in it's entirety from an episode of QI where Stephen Fry and guests dont for one second imagine it to be total bollocks.

FACT.
I'm so glad the truth is finally out.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.