Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 View Post
She did make it through to next week! She's not allowed to talk about it but hopefully we'll see her on next week's episode
You've got to sit through it again
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:00 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
You've got to sit through it again
Well, hubs records it because he's addicted. So at least we can watch something else at the start and then fast forward through the commercials.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965 View Post
Well, hubs records it because he's addicted. So at least we can watch something else at the start and then fast forward through the commercials.
That makes sense - good luck to her.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

The sun is out - calm before the snow/rain storm heading our way. Batten down the hatches.....
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...704928&page=24

The first post on this page.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:24 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Thank you. Wait until I get a chance to post the photos of her eating her birthday cake

She copies me to an extent. If I say 'uh-oh' when she drops something she says it back, and she says 'hi' and 'wow' when prompted.

I guess I'll have to watch myself when I'm driving because I don't want her to be saying things like "Learn to drive you f***ing f***er" and some of the other more colourful things I say
oh trust me she will copy you..as my OH found out when DD was only 4 yrs old..

OH took DD for a day out, (to give mum a few hours well deserved peace) so off they toddled in the car to the park..and came back a few hours later with DD all nicely tired out from running around like a loon.

The next day we went out in the car to the local shops when OH had to stop because the car in front couldn't decide whether they were turning left or right and of course OH was getting agitated..

DD calmly wound the window down, stuck her little head out and shouted...

"Move your shitty little car dickhead"

OH went bright red and I beat the crap of of him for teaching our daughter road rage..

(fortunately now that she's older she knows about bad words and that she's not allowed say them)
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070 View Post

OH took DD for a day out, (to give mum a few hours well deserved peace) so off they toddled in the car to the park..and came back a few hours later with DD all nicely tired out from running around like a loon.

The next day we went out in the car to the local shops when OH had to stop because the car in front couldn't decide whether they were turning left or right and of course OH was getting agitated..

OH went bright red and I beat the crap of of him for teaching our daughter road rage..

(fortunately now that she's older she knows about bad words and that she's not allowed say them)
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:26 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, I'd better watch myself then
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:09 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, I'd better watch myself then
wait till she starts saying"oh bollox" whenever she drops or spills something..

especially in front of a teacher and the teacher turning round to you asking 'whaday she jus say? see how quick you can get of of that one..

I soon became a master of.. oh its just a British phrase we use all the time and then scarpering pretty damn quick...
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:11 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

wait till she starts saying"oh bollox" whenever she drops or spills something..

especially in front of a teacher and the teacher turning round to you asking 'whaday she jus say? see how quick you can get of of that one..

I soon became a master of.. oh its just a British phrase we use all the time and then scarpering pretty damn quick...
Oh great, so my sweet little girl is going to drop her bottle and instead of saying "uh oh" in the cute way she does now, she'll start saying "f***sticks" instead

Although, if she's going to copy me anyway, maybe I can get her talking in a Belfast accent to piss off her ma
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:10 pm
Last orders please...

Oh great, so my sweet little girl is going to drop her bottle and instead of saying "uh oh" in the cute way she does now, she'll start saying "f***sticks" instead

Although, if she's going to copy me anyway, maybe I can get her talking in a Belfast accent to piss off her ma

you might as well go the whole hog..
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That reminds me of something a woman who helps out at a local kindergarten was telling me...they had a boy in the class who could only speak Spanish. They were getting the kids to pour their own drinks from a jug and to stop in time by counting "One, two, three." However he couldn't count in English, at which point the cup overflowed and he went "OH, ****!"

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 18th 2011 at 12:08 am. Reason: avoiding sweary filter
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:59 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

When my now 12 yr old went to nursery school, they had a different approach on the kids when it came to swearing. Instead of the usual punishments, the teachers would say something like 'we don't say fu ck here' with a lovely soft voice and smile.

It seemed to work.

- was just really funny hearing these posh teachers swear like it was nothing.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 18th 2011 at 12:08 am. Reason: removed quote
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Cash is so much better than air miles.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 18th 2011 at 1:34 am.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:17 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Smile?

I interviewed for a promotion at my job. They asked me to explain my best qualities in three words. My boss - who knows me well enough - braced herself. And then I said, "well, if it had to be just three, I'd choose Killer Alien Vagina."

I got the promotion.

Then I handed my resignation in. Four weeks to go now until the nightmare is over.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.