Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Nov 19th 2021, 2:00 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Not sure if this is the right thread because the new payment is making me nervous but I needed it for work.

I guess I have finally gone full yank.

Old Nov 19th 2021, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=macliam;13073492]Hmmm, I'd agree that it's not appropriate "everywhere", but I guess it's a question of the amount used and how and where it's used.
But I have to disagree with you about it "hiding" the taste - unless it's used inappropriately.[/QUOTE]
Texas
Old Nov 19th 2021, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread because the new payment is making me nervous but I needed it for work.

Nice! Enjoy.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 2:22 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Nice! Enjoy.
Thanks. Been a while since I've driven one so still getting used to it, and I only just got my Malibu new in March so still felt a bit wrong trading it in, but I know my first snow storm when I have to go out and measure on site, I'll be glad I have it.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 4:03 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
You wont find cheese at McDonalds.
Maybe, but I'll not take the chance......

One HUGE disappointment to me is the growth of McDonald's in Portugal. 30 years ago, I looked at the range of traditional "Fast food", pregos, bifanas, emapadas, etc., not to mention the ever available real delights like choco frito, and the total absence of ANY recognizable fast-food outlet (even in Lisbon), and guessed it would be near impossible for the Big Mac to get a foothold.

How wrong I was! The power of TV (and now the net) meant that the niggle-factor came into play, with the kids demanding what they say there. So my BiL has never eaten a hamburder in his life (and never will!) yet took his daughter to McD's. Now they're everywhere - and as the daughter is now 35 years-old, the habit has been well and truly established.....
Old Nov 19th 2021, 5:12 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa. Didn't they have any of the big ones?
Old Nov 19th 2021, 6:20 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I could probably park my Mii in the load area........

I'm guessing it's not electric?
Old Nov 19th 2021, 6:25 pm
Resident Cynic

it's called downsizing
Old Nov 19th 2021, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good SOS…looking good.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 7:10 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Well done.

I love mine, though I went for more bed\less cab. (Horses, etc)
Old Nov 19th 2021, 7:59 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Whoa. Didn't they have any of the big ones?
Actually they do have bigger but I know you already know that.

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I could probably park my Mii in the load area........

I'm guessing it's not electric?
I need to be able to load up with material to bring to jobs and that. And put a lot of miles on it. Would have ended up wearing out my poor Malibu most likely.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Looking good SOS…looking good.
Thanks.

Well done.

I love mine, though I went for more bed\less cab. (Horses, etc)
Cheers.

You probably have the 2500 with the 8' bed. That'd be too much for me
Old Nov 19th 2021, 8:01 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

You probably have the 2500 with the 8' bed. That'd be too much for me
8ft bed, but standard cab. It’s just the two of us though and Mrs. N. has the Mazda 5 if we need more seats.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 8:07 pm
Resident Cynic

Covered in the the "What has p*ssed you off today" thread, but more appropriate here.

A nightmare consumer dispute that has dragged on for over 2 years has been decided in my favour by the consumer arbitration service in the Algarve.

Good to close the book on that one
And, the refund has finally arrived in our account and the crappy bed base has been collected.

Job done.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 8:18 pm
I have a comma problem

8ft bed, but standard cab. It’s just the two of us though and Mrs. N. has the Mazda 5 if we need more seats.
Yeah, that works. We still need the extra passenger space for now and occasionally I have to ferry people around for jobs and that too.

And, the refund has finally arrived in our account and the crappy bed base has been collected.

Job done.
Nice one!
Old Nov 19th 2021, 8:39 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that works. We still need the extra passenger space for now and occasionally I have to ferry people around for jobs and that too.

Well you deserve a nice, shiny reward after many years of slog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.