Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post

Wait, that means I have no choice at all.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mum's in hospital (that's not the smile bit) with some heart and blood pressure problems. While she's still going relatively ok I'm concentrating on the smiley stuff, and since it's Mum there are always smiley bits

Her nurse in the ED was an absolute crack up. Camp as a row of tents, he fussed around and over her, fluffing up her hair and saying stuff like 'darling, you have such beautiful skin!'. She needed a wee so he said he'd get her a commode chair. When she told him she hated those things he came up with an alternative, he'd hold her by the elbows while she made a puddle on the floor.

While she was on the commode he handed her a little packet. When she asked him what it was, he said 'They're wipes darling, for you to wipe your frou-frou!' She laughed so hard that she couldn't speak

Took her some peanut M&Ms in the acute medical ward. Oh no, she couldn't possibly eat anything. Well, maybe just one. Or two. Leave me five, I might want a couple later. I'll just leave you the packet Mum. The packet was empty this morning, she told me she'd given some to the nurse but I think she's fibbing.

She was whispering something to me, couldn't understand a word she said and kept asking her to repeat herself. Finally she bellowed "I'm talking quietly because I don't like the man in the bed next door and I don't want him knowing all my business".

That's my Mum. Causes hilarity and mayhem wherever she goes

Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Mum's in hospital (that's not the smile bit) with some heart and blood pressure problems. While she's still going relatively ok I'm concentrating on the smiley stuff, and since it's Mum there are always smiley bits

Her nurse in the ED was an absolute crack up. Camp as a row of tents, he fussed around and over her, fluffing up her hair and saying stuff like 'darling, you have such beautiful skin!'. She needed a wee so he said he'd get her a commode chair. When she told him she hated those things he came up with an alternative, he'd hold her by the elbows while she made a puddle on the floor.

While she was on the commode he handed her a little packet. When she asked him what it was, he said 'They're wipes darling, for you to wipe your frou-frou!' She laughed so hard that she couldn't speak

Took her some peanut M&Ms in the acute medical ward. Oh no, she couldn't possibly eat anything. Well, maybe just one. Or two. Leave me five, I might want a couple later. I'll just leave you the packet Mum. The packet was empty this morning, she told me she'd given some to the nurse but I think she's fibbing.

She was whispering something to me, couldn't understand a word she said and kept asking her to repeat herself. Finally she bellowed "I'm talking quietly because I don't like the man in the bed next door and I don't want him knowing all my business".

I do like your mum.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

I do like your mum.
I don't think the bloke in the bed next door is too fond of her
Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL used to do the same when on the phone. ‘Can you hear me, because I don’t want them next door knowing my business.’ The house next door was about 30 feet away, both parties were indoors with the doors and windows closed.

I hope your mum is UK and gets to go home soon.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:29 pm

That's all right, it'll give him stories to dine out on when he goes home.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post

My MIL used to do the same when on the phone. ‘Can you hear me, because I don’t want them next door knowing my business.’ The house next door was about 30 feet away, both parties were indoors with the doors and windows closed.

I hope your mum is UK and gets to go home soon.
Cheers JG. I hope we're like your MIL and my Mum when we're oldies. I reckon it'd be fun
Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
That's all right, it'll give him stories to dine out on when he goes home.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 1:44 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Sod the bloke in the next bed, your mum is great!
Old Nov 15th 2021, 2:06 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Sod the bloke in the next bed, your mum is great!
I passed a message from you to Mum years ago BB, told her she has an admirer in Belgium (I think you were in Belgium then). She was so chuffed and every now and then asks me if I still talk to that nice man in Europe
Old Nov 15th 2021, 2:11 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I passed a message from you to Mum years ago BB, told her she has an admirer in Belgium (I think you were in Belgium then). She was so chuffed and every now and then asks me if I still talk to that nice man in Europe
Be sure to give her my best regards on your next visit.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 2:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers JG. I hope we're like your MIL and my Mum when we're oldies. I reckon it'd be fun
She also mimed words she thought might be offensive….ie pregnant, women’s issues…often know as ‘down there’ etc. Don’t know if you are familiar with Les Dawson, but he regularly dressed as a woman and did similar on his TV show.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 3:08 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Les Dawson.
Better times.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 3:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Better times.
Indeedy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.