Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Sep 29th 2021, 10:20 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Pretty rare for me to smile, but this did it today, it amused me because its true in many ways for many people and on reddit too, rarely do things there amuse me enough to smile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/co...the_corporate/
That sub is a way of life
Old Sep 29th 2021, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
That sub is a way of life

I just discovered it today....its my kind of subreddit.

I fell for the corporate ladder BS when I was in my late teens and early 20's, but by 25 realized it was just BS, everyone who was getting promoted were not getting there by working harder, they just kissed butt better, or had parents with the right connections.

After the 5th or 6th time of being told, "Well your a good worker and more valuable where you are, so we wont promote you" like wtf kind of lame excuse is that, your too valuable so we can't promote you, but we also wont give you a raise, well adios then amigos.

Reminds me of a CEO at a company I worked at, his bio was all, I started at the bottom and worked my way to CEO, what they left out in the bio was, the bottom really wasn't the bottom, because he joined the company in middle management and oh and his father was on the board of directors which I am sure helped, but good story for a corporate bio eh?
Old Sep 30th 2021, 12:17 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian Chiles in the Guardian, buying condoms for the 'first time'
Finally, I marched into the chemist and stammered to the lady what I was there for. They turned out to be behind the counter. With a look that I took to be one of disapproval, she knelt and opened a drawer.

“Large or small?” she asked, looking up. This threw me completely. “Large,” I said. To be clear, I’m not making any claims for myself here, but I wasn’t going to say “small”, was I? Even in an empty shop. But then she asked: “Large or extra-large?”

“All right then, extra-large,” I spluttered, starting to think it might be some kind of wind-up.

It was only as I walked out that it dawned on me the poor woman was referring to the size of the box, not to any part of my anatomy. I’d only gone and depleted my student grant buying a bumper box of 48 condoms.
Old Sep 30th 2021, 12:58 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

At long last, after about two years, my energy supply company has finally sent me a bill based on actual readings. They were saying I was £300 in credit, but now they admit I'm actually £1.600 pounds in credit, so I can afford to have the heating on this winter. I'm just pleased I've stayed with one of the bigger suppliers, so no worry about them going bust.
Old Sep 30th 2021, 1:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
At long last, after about two years, my energy supply company has finally sent me a bill based on actual readings. They were saying I was £300 in credit, but now they admit I'm actually £1.600 pounds in credit, so I can afford to have the heating on this winter. I'm just pleased I've stayed with one of the bigger suppliers, so no worry about them going bust.
Good news, but how did they manage to not get an actual reading for two years?
Old Sep 30th 2021, 2:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Good news, but how did they manage to not get an actual reading for two years?
The meter is in a very difficult to reach place, and requires standing on steps. being on my own I don't feel safe on the steps with nothing to hold onto, I did explain this, but although they promised, they never sent a meter reader, so as soon as I was offered a smart meter I accepted, knowing they would take readings then. They still sent me a letter last week, and I rang them telling them I now didn't have the old meter, it was now a smart one. They promised to sort it out and have now done so. means I have no worries using the heating this winter.
Old Sep 30th 2021, 8:48 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't actually pin this one on the Tories, so it's in here.

My parrot destroyed my vehicle registration certificate

More stunning revelations from gov.uk
Old Oct 1st 2021, 1:41 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Flipping well brilliant news. Very pleased for you Mike
Old Oct 1st 2021, 9:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The British sense of humour…’the EFFing crisis in Britain’…energy, fuel & food.

Just watched an advert for Christmas on UK TV.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 1st 2021 at 9:25 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2021, 1:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The way this dog sorts the cat out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Unexpected/...eb2x&context=3

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 3rd 2021 at 2:03 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2021, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

All you old girls and boys on B.E .Gee so funny
Old Oct 8th 2021, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Flu jab and booster Covid jab all booked now, covid booster next Monday, walking distance, Flu Jab 10th Nov. also walking distance. so that's OK. In fact it's a nice riverside walk to get to the place for my booster.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 3:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Flu jab and booster Covid jab all booked now, covid booster next Monday, walking distance, Flu Jab 10th Nov. also walking distance. so that's OK. In fact it's a nice riverside walk to get to the place for my booster.

Nice. My sister and BIL in Winchester got their booster and flu shots on the same day - they were offered that choice by their doc's surgery.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Nice. My sister and BIL in Winchester got their booster and flu shots on the same day - they were offered that choice by their doc's surgery.
hay my old fur! ball, I thought bill had two ll,s
Old Oct 10th 2021, 10:42 pm
Concierge

I often watch YouTube videos, just cam across this one, it just shjows how ingredibly stupid spme people can be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.