Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Sep 24th 2021, 10:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

It was hubby’s birthday yesterday and for the first time since Covid, we ate out last night.
Old Sep 25th 2021, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

We have had rain, The first real heavy rain for 4-5 months
Old Sep 26th 2021, 1:48 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
We have had rain, The first real heavy rain for 4-5 months
I am really pleased to read that. Hopefully more will be on the way
Old Sep 26th 2021, 4:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mum. She said her mattress wasn't feeling very comfortable anymore, but she wasn't keen on buying a new one because 'I'll probably die before the guarantee even runs out'.

So we rotated her mattress around the other way, in case that helped. It didn't, so we rotated it back to its original position.

So we suggested she try the mattress on the bed of one of her spare rooms, and if that worked we'd swap it with hers. That mattress was too hard.

We then suggested she try the mattress on the bed in the other spare room. Too soft (I kid you not).

She said she'd give the mattress in her own room another go. When my sister looked in on her early the next morning, she was sleeping on her own mattress - with her head towards the bed end.

Last night she decided again to sleep on her own mattress, this time the right way up. The way everything was originally. And she said it's the best sleep she's had in years.

Ok Goldilocks

Old Sep 26th 2021, 6:26 am
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up on ever finding a comfortable mattress, I am pretty sure they do not exist in my price point.

Anyhow your mom sounds a bit like my great grandmother, she had similiar experience and complaint with her mattress, except she didn't have a spare and after spending a weekend taking her around to every store who sold matresses, she decided her mattress was suitible.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Mum. She said her mattress wasn't feeling very comfortable anymore, but she wasn't keen on buying a new one because 'I'll probably die before the guarantee even runs out'.

So we rotated her mattress around the other way, in case that helped. It didn't, so we rotated it back to its original position.

So we suggested she try the mattress on the bed of one of her spare rooms, and if that worked we'd swap it with hers. That mattress was too hard.

We then suggested she try the mattress on the bed in the other spare room. Too soft (I kid you not).

She said she'd give the mattress in her own room another go. When my sister looked in on her early the next morning, she was sleeping on her own mattress - with her head towards the bed end.

Last night she decided again to sleep on her own mattress, this time the right way up. The way everything was originally. And she said it's the best sleep she's had in years.

Ok Goldilocks
Old Sep 26th 2021, 11:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I gave up on ever finding a comfortable mattress, I am pretty sure they do not exist in my price point.

Anyhow your mom sounds a bit like my great grandmother, she had similiar experience and complaint with her mattress, except she didn't have a spare and after spending a weekend taking her around to every store who sold matresses, she decided her mattress was suitible.
I plan to be just like my mum when I'm her age. Get everyone hopping about, then smile sweetly and ask what all the fuss is about
Old Sep 26th 2021, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I plan to be just like my mum when I'm her age. Get everyone hopping about, then smile sweetly and ask what all the fuss is about
My mum could switch on a lovely, sweet, innocent smile in an instant when she wanted something…but underneath…

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 26th 2021 at 12:11 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2021, 1:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Goldilocks

Your mum should be a national treasure.
Old Sep 26th 2021, 2:14 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

Your mum should be a national treasure.
I'm of the view that she's an International treasure
Old Sep 26th 2021, 5:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
I'm of the view that she's an International treasure
She is.
Old Sep 26th 2021, 10:31 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Goldilocks
Loves.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:03 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs N. Showed me this.

Who knew you could save a butterfly?

Old Sep 27th 2021, 6:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Having posted a clip of a very funny, little known Mel Brooks movie, here is more

Old Sep 28th 2021, 1:58 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Mrs N. Showed me this.

Who knew you could save a butterfly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn18...hannel=TheDodo
Aww. So sweet " living it's best butterfly life"
What a lovely way to help.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 10:14 pm
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty rare for me to smile, but this did it today, it amused me because its true in many ways for many people and on reddit too, rarely do things there amuse me enough to smile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/co...the_corporate/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.