Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Sep 17th 2021, 1:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What?
Lots of people, like the bloke in the second video (produced by a company that sells these paintings) try to normalise elephant paintings. But elephants aren't painters, they're taught to do it and the teaching methods involve torture and pain. I don't want to put any links to this in the Smile thread, but there are countless articles and videos from organisations such as National Geographic that tell/show how elephants are broken and then trained to paint.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Sep 17th 2021 at 2:10 am.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 1:56 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Lots of people, like the bloke in the second video (produced by a company that sells these paintings) try to normalise elephant paintings. But elephants aren't painters, they're taught to do it and the teaching methods involve torture and pain. I don't want to put any links to this in the Smile thread, but there are countless articles and videos from organisations such as National Geographic that tell/show how elephants are broken and then trained to paint.

I totally believe you, but how could that be taught? Daubing yes, but producing that? Anyway, exploiting them in any way is right out.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 2:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I totally believe you, but how could that be taught? Daubing yes, but producing that? Anyway, exploiting them in any way is right out.
There are more comprehensive explanations but this is a quick one
https://www.onegreenplanet.org/anima...ruel-not-cute/
Old Sep 17th 2021, 2:08 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
There are more comprehensive explanations but this is a quick one
https://www.onegreenplanet.org/anima...ruel-not-cute/

I'll look. Also, maybe you can delete the links to the vids in your quote of my original post since I can't make those disappear.

I'm still amazed that they can produce those images, even while understanding that painting is obv not an elephant choice.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 2:10 am
Concierge

I'll look. Also, maybe you can delete the links to the vids in your quote of my original post since I can't make those disappear.

I'm still amazed that they can produce those images, even while understanding that painting is obv not an elephant choice.
You're a sweetheart.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
My daughter sent this and said ‘This is what it is like watching a Brit show with
you two’.

Just an everyday conversation in our house as well
Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:52 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Mentals.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 2:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

It's schaddenfreude, but I have some Prussian blood:
Old Sep 20th 2021, 3:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
It's schaddenfreude, but I have some Prussian blood:
Haven't we seen her before doing something like this?
Old Sep 20th 2021, 3:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just watching 'Antiques Road Trip' on the BBC, and, once again they are in Market Rasen, visiting 'Wolds Antiques' a shop I visited so many times when I lived there. They have sent their people to that shop so many times, and the woman in the shop is someone I've bought a few things from, just a pleasant memory from my past.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Me yes me i am back just been re, released with new medication that seems to work? so all my peeps how the ding dang are you all???
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 6:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Had a newsletter posted through the door today, from the management of the building, apparently as I'm registered with Appello emergency contact scheme through the building registration, I've now got a card to carry with me, with a phone number and code on it so if I should collapse in the street or anywhere and be unable to give information, then they can phone the number on the card, give them the code, and it will identify me and where I live, it's a free service.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Had a newsletter posted through the door today, from the management of the building, apparently as I'm registered with Appello emergency contact scheme through the building registration, I've now got a card to carry with me, with a phone number and code on it so if I should collapse in the street or anywhere and be unable to give information, then they can phone the number on the card, give them the code, and it will identify me and where I live, it's a free service.
That's good news but don't you go and collapse anywhere anytime soon matey!
Old Sep 24th 2021, 8:13 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
That's good news but don't you go and collapse anywhere anytime soon matey!
No intention of doing that, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.