Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Aug 20th 2021, 9:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Mods, how can I delete someone else's post?

I forgot to answer this. You can’t but I can. Slip me a tenner and I will sort it.

NB. I accept Apple Pay.
Old Aug 20th 2021, 11:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
If the opportunity arises, I will. I was in the U.S. Navy at the time and on a weekend pass took the train from Portsmouth to London, got a hotel room and went to cool dance hall on Friday night. It was there that I met a beautiful and very sweet gal whose name and address at that time I remember to this day. She met me the next day to be my tour guide and it was great. When it was time for her to take the tube home she told me that her parents had suggested that she ask me to come for Sunday dinner. Which I did. Wonderful people. I decided that I would take a week of leave, stay in a hotel and go to spend more time with her. Her parents insisted that I not spend money on a hotel and that I was welcome to sleep on the fold out in their den. So I did. I've lost count of the times I wanted to kick myself for not proposing to her. If I had, it likely would have been 2 years before my enlistment would be finished and we would have any chance to be together. We stayed in touch for a few months, but I let it slip away because I could see no solution. If I do go, I will take the tube to Cockfosters Station and hop a double decker for a short trip to 37 Southgate Road, Potters Bar, just to catch a glimpse of the house that was the home of Hilary Alexander and holds such memories for me. No doubt there will be tears in my eyes.
You’ve mention that lady before, If I recall you said you may try to find her. Did you?
Old Aug 21st 2021, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
You’ve mention that lady before, If I recall you said you may try to find her. Did you?
Never was able to find anything. Possibly for the better I think. It might have been too awkward.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 12:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Never was able to find anything. Possibly for the better I think. It might have been too awkward.
Possibly, but you read about people finding long lost love.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 3:13 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I forgot to answer this. You can’t but I can. Slip me a tenner and I will sort it.

NB. I accept Apple Pay.
Good to know!

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It won't look the same. And yet it does look the same.

Go. You'll like it.
I really wish I'd gone over there when I had the chance, looks like a really cool city to visit.

It'll be thumping tomorrow though, first match at Anfield with a full crowd. It's going to be boss.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 9:33 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Danny Lavelle left Australia when he was a baby. He returned in 2014 to visit family. All was going well until the air conditioning broke down. Funny read

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...rst#navigation

Australians are a, well, special breed.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 9:46 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

iI like that. Nott a lott!
Old Aug 21st 2021, 10:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
iI like that. Nott a lott!
How tickled I am.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 12:14 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
LiW arrange to meet LL near the statue of Ken Dodd in Lime Street Station 😉
That would mean going from the wombles to the diddymen in a couple of days.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 12:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
That would mean going from the wombles to the diddymen in a couple of days.
Give me the Jam Butty mines in Knotty Ash over picking up trash on Wimbledon Common
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 12:29 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Give me the Jam Butty mines in Knotty Ash over picking up trash on Wimbledon Common
Thats no way to talk about Madame Cholet!
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 1:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Thats no way to talk about Madame Cholet!
or Uncle Bulgaria
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 2:18 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
or Uncle Bulgaria
He was great.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 3:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
He was great.
I had a big cuddly Orinoco that M bought me right before we got married. I loved the Wombles
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 5:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep your wombles, Dicky Mint is King

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; Aug 22nd 2021 at 6:02 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.