Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jun 11th 2021, 1:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I can live with that.

He says many unpredictable things Very refreshing in business meetings.
He sounds great Also testament to your ability to form such wonderful working relationships with people without the benefit of face to face contact (yes, I know English people tend to not handle compliments well, suck it up Princess)
Old Jun 11th 2021, 2:01 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
He sounds great Also testament to your ability to form such wonderful working relationships with people without the benefit of face to face contact (yes, I know English people tend to not handle compliments well, suck it up Princess)

He's a hoot.

I'm just really enjoying working in a UK atmosphere. It's been a long time. At least in this org it's much more open than in the US, and I don't have to keep reining in my sense of humour, because we all understand each other. It's a big relief, strangely, just to be easily understood. Even if I am a suspect southerner.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 11th 2021 at 2:50 am.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 2:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

He's a hoot.

I'm just really enjoying working in a UK atmosphere. It's been a long time. At least in this org it's much more open in the US, and I don't have to keep reining in my sense of humour, because we all understand each other. It's a big relief, strangely, just to be easily understood. Even if I am a suspect southerner.
The relief makes perfect sense. Scouse was talking with a Londoner yesterday, the phelbotomist. As he was leaving she said that she loves it here and has never really felt homesick, but laughing and joking with him made her realise how much she misses the humour and banter.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 4:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Not too sure what I've done to deserve it, but just had a notification on twitter that I have a new follower. 'Satan'
Old Jun 12th 2021, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Smile my butt...this had me rolling on the floor laughing.·
A small herd of cows found their way into a newly built home and lived inside for about a month before being noticed.

Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:06 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Smile my butt...this had me rolling on the floor laughing.·
A small herd of cows found their way into a newly built home and lived inside for about a month before being noticed.
May need to redo the paint job. Perhaps the floor.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

May need to redo the paint job. Perhaps the floor.
I'm thinking that only a 4 alarm fire will get rid of the stink. Maybe. lol
Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
I'm thinking that only a 4 alarm fire will get rid of the stink. Maybe. lol
At least it's all-natural and organic. The surveyors might be unhappy with the methane levels though.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At least it's all-natural and organic. The surveyors might be unhappy with the methane levels though.
That is all very true. I still want to know who the farmer was that didn't notice a missing herd of cows for a month. lol
Old Jun 12th 2021, 6:51 am
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

This made me smile today

Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
This made me smile today

You do have to admire the thriftyness in the way she's repurposed old curtains for a dress.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 3:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
This made me smile today

Bit of a difference to pictures of her with Trump when he was over here, she seemed genuinely happy meeting Biden.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 4:31 pm
Frequently deleted!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Whale swims away after nearly swallowing diver in case of mistaken identity

Old Jun 17th 2021, 11:18 am
Concierge

Answered the phone to hear a wavering voice singing 'when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore'.

It was Mum, phoning to say how much she enjoyed the minestrone soup, cheese and bread I dropped off for her this morning
Old Jun 17th 2021, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Answered the phone to hear a wavering voice singing 'when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore'.

It was Mum, phoning to say how much she enjoyed the minestrone soup, cheese and bread I dropped off for her this morning

She ought to be a character in a film. She's a natural.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.