Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Feb 2nd 2021, 9:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
What's with the smiley faces on the wall? Is everyone else in there 6?
That's the pain chart, from smiley face on the extreme left (1) to excruciating on the far right (10). The words on the top are Pain Is Expected, because it's the ortho ward.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=smiley+fac...ages&ia=images
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 7:55 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

They are quite a pair.
I bet you say that to all the horses.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 12:10 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I bet you say that to all the horses.
It's a line.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 12:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a smile but thank **** for people like this.

The Aids angel: how Ruth Coker Burks comforted dying gay men
In the 80s, a young mother with no medical training or resources looked after scores of ostracised patients – and the Ku Klux Klan burned crosses on her lawn. Now she is paying tribute to the lost...The man in the room was so thin and white that he could barely be seen against the bedsheets. “I asked him if I could help,” Coker Burks says. “He wanted his mother. I thought: ‘Oh, OK, well that’s great. I can do that. Then I’ve done my good deed.’”

But this was 1984 in Little Rock, Arkansas, and Coker Burks, just 25, was a timeshare salesperson with no medical training. When she relayed the man’s message to the nurses, they told her he had “the gay cancer … They said: ‘Honey, his mama’s not coming. No one’s coming.” They tossed the family’s phone number across the desk, but the mother hung up on Coker Burks, saying her son was dead the moment he was gay.

Coker Burks went back to the room. She sat beside the man, Jimmy. She took his hand, unsure what to tell him. He looked at her and said: “Oh, Mama, I knew you’d come.”
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 4:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Be on the lookout for a villain on the loose.
The suspect is known as Chucky, a 28-year-old with red, auburn hair, blue eyes, height 3ft 1in tall and approximately 16lbs. He was said to be wearing blue denim overalls with a multi-colored striped long sleeve shirt and carrying a large knife.

His race was listed as “Other: Doll.”
Spoiler:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rt-chucky-doll
Old Feb 10th 2021, 9:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The following didn’t make me smile it made me
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_4155.mov (2.58 MB, 53 views)
Old Feb 11th 2021, 3:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
The following didn’t make me smile it made me
Old Feb 12th 2021, 2:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Naming gritters.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rs-goes-global

Spreddie Van Halen
Old Feb 20th 2021, 8:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping this will still be current, a rare Moonflower has flowered at Cambridge Botanical Garden, believed to be the first time on has ever flowered in the UK as it is an epiphyte fro the Amazon, the flowere lasts only 12 hours.
https://www.botanic.cam.ac.uk/moonfl...KFfwWO4gYSf94I
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 3:47 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Whooo!... Snow..

Old Feb 23rd 2021, 3:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Whooo!... Snow..

Happy horse

Old Feb 23rd 2021, 10:54 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

The snow here of last week has gone, afternoon temperatures are up from -8C (lowest last week) to 17C (today).

I opened the 'big window' in the sitting area this afternoon, the first sound that I heard was that of a woodpecker, which is a huge for me, it means that spring is really coming on.

I've also seen a few prospective tenants checking out the nesting boxes over the last couple of days...
Old Feb 24th 2021, 4:20 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Whooo!... Snow..

So very beautiful
Old Feb 24th 2021, 4:21 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
The snow here of last week has gone, afternoon temperatures are up from -8C (lowest last week) to 17C (today).

I opened the 'big window' in the sitting area this afternoon, the first sound that I heard was that of a woodpecker, which is a huge for me, it means that spring is really coming on.

I've also seen a few prospective tenants checking out the nesting boxes over the last couple of days...

Yes. I do associate woodpeckers with you.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 11:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We took our daughter’s 9 yr old Cavalier Spaniel to the cardio vet hospital this afternoon, for her 1 yr check up. Early last March she was in heart failure and we were told she had weeks, not months to live. Over the next couple of months she was in heart failure two more times. The vet then put her on a human heart drug. Today she had a thorough health check and we were told her heart has shrunk back to almost its normal size. He said this is unusual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.