Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Nov 26th 2020, 2:47 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Oh, right. Well yes, that would be better. Although he was put at the controls of a large tractor with a scoop on the front at the age of 10 by a mad farmer. Luckily it was in the middle of a big field in Cumbria, and it did give him the thrill of his life.

There's nothing at all wrong with making your mum happy. Plus you get good dinners out of it. Are you being taken out for improving trips to stately homes and museums and such?
Sounds like he could fly a jet then. Tractors / jets...what's the difference.

Mums spag bol, no spaghetti, stick of garlic bread. It's a banger. The fridge will be stocked with ham and bacon. Her record is providing over 4 bacon sandwiches in 24 hours.
Less stately homes, more shopping at Gunwharf (I know, but there's a Loakes store there) and walks in the New Forest and down at Hengistbury Head.
I get more excited each time I talk to you about it. It's like my internet Mum is excited for me.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 2:00 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Sounds like he could fly a jet then. Tractors / jets...what's the difference.

Mums spag bol, no spaghetti, stick of garlic bread. It's a banger. The fridge will be stocked with ham and bacon. Her record is providing over 4 bacon sandwiches in 24 hours.
Less stately homes, more shopping at Gunwharf (I know, but there's a Loakes store there) and walks in the New Forest and down at Hengistbury Head.
I get more excited each time I talk to you about it. It's like my internet Mum is excited for me.

He operated a clutch better than I do, for sure. Do planes have clutches?

Well, you won't see the Little Lion at Gunwharf since he's holed up in Liverpool with the girlfriend.

If your mum is buying you bespoke shoes for Christmas, I hope you will be taking her breakfast in bed.

And it's vicarious excitement for me, since I can't see the Little Lion I can be happy that another mum and son get to spend some time together. Not sure I want to be your internet mum though, I don't need anyone else to worry about.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

This nod to Alex Trebek google has done. If you ever watched Jeopardy you will understand.

Old Nov 27th 2020, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Monneypennys good news,gosh how well her kittens do.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 3:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Monneypennys good news,gosh how well her kittens do.
Thank you. It's not hard, loads of love, loads of cuddles, loads of play, loads of food and water and tons of litter tray cleaning all lead to happy, healthy, friendly, affectionate fur babies.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 6:11 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
He operated a clutch better than I do, for sure. Do planes have clutches?

Well, you won't see the Little Lion at Gunwharf since he's holed up in Liverpool with the girlfriend.

If your mum is buying you bespoke shoes for Christmas, I hope you will be taking her breakfast in bed.

And it's vicarious excitement for me, since I can't see the Little Lion I can be happy that another mum and son get to spend some time together. Not sure I want to be your internet mum though, I don't need anyone else to worry about.
I used to look forward to going back and renting a manual, but now I only hire autos. Can't be bothered with it all.
What a guy, if you're going into lockdown may as well do it with some entertainment. Expect an announcement in Feb/March? August baby? Named Covid?
Weirdly, she typically does the coffees in the morning when I'm home. I generally make brekkie for us when I'm downstairs. She THOROUGHLY enjoys having a chauffeur for the time I'm back and I always have a list of jobs that involves anything high up, heavy or big. There'll be no Xmas decs until I'm home to go in the loft, her mattress will need flipping and I doubt the outdoor furniture has been put away for winter.
OK, I'll just pretend you like the title.

All this talk of Mums is lovely. Mine's a true bastard at times (and only my Sister and I can say that) but there's nobody I want a cuddle off more when I'm down and nobody who I'd rather see smiling and happy.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 6:15 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
All this talk of Mums is lovely. Mine's a true bastard at times (and only my Sister and I can say that) but there's nobody I want a cuddle off more when I'm down and nobody who I'd rather see smiling and happy.
That's parents for you. Mine were tough and cuddles were not a thing but really they were the ones to know me and who did fit me so well. You enjoy your cuddles and love giving out the smiles as those are worth more than the stars.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 6:32 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
That's parents for you. Mine were tough and cuddles were not a thing but really they were the ones to know me and who did fit me so well. You enjoy your cuddles and love giving out the smiles as those are worth more than the stars.
Yeah, you're right. She's absolutely guilted me this Christmas. Doesn't want anything other than 'time' with me.

Hard to do from 3,500 miles but that's why she'll have said it; to have a little dig...but I forgive her. She's had a tough year on her own, I'm sure I'll hear it all when I'm back. But such is, let her grumble on and then do something nice, and it'll all be forgotten and we'll just be having fun and a nice time.
Old Nov 28th 2020, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Football ,Grand Prix and boxing are on today,Yippeee
Old Nov 28th 2020, 2:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Football ,Grand Prix and boxing are on today,Yippeee
You missed off the rugger
Old Nov 29th 2020, 9:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
You missed off the rugger
He might not like the game for men with odd shaped balls
Old Nov 29th 2020, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

OH no saints and grand prix on at the same time,looks like i'll have to flick a lot
Old Nov 29th 2020, 11:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

OH no saints and grand prix on at the same time,looks like i'll have to flick a lot
Did you miss the explosive action or were you watching the football?
Old Nov 30th 2020, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

HI bristol i turned over for the start and saw it all.I managed to see one saints goal and one utd, saints played well again. Once the explosion happened i was hooked to the grand prix.What a fortunate boy he is, very dramatic.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Decorated the Christmas tree with lights and also placed lights in the garden, looks great and definitely made me smile.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.