Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Nov 24th 2020, 5:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
It was yesterday but still worth sharing.

I booked flights back to Blighty for a nice 10 day trip in mid-December. Won't be staying for Xmas but I smiled for many reasons, the most important being the last one;
- I can't wait to fly again, it's been over a year and I'm looking forward to it.
- I am going to be getting out of Dubai, longest I've ever been here in one stretch, it's been great but christ I need a change of scenery.
- I screenshotted the flight booking, sent to Mummy and got a phone call with her just squealing with excitement and it nearly made me cry at work.

Awww.

Hope I get to do one of those soon.

Do you have to quarantine when you get there or is Dubai in a "corridor"?
Old Nov 24th 2020, 7:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

For the first time since early March I held my granddaughter’s tiny hand today. It felt lovely.

She spends Tuesday learning from home. So we took her with us when we walked the dogs this morning. We had our arms outstretched (social distancing) and wore gloves. I’m a happy mouse today.

Old Nov 25th 2020, 6:34 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Awww.

Hope I get to do one of those soon.

Do you have to quarantine when you get there or is Dubai in a "corridor"?
Got lucky, we gained corridor status a couple of weeks ago. If we hadn't or if it gets taken away, I'll not be travelling I don't think.

You will, you will. Once we get into the New Year the world will start changing and there'll be ways of getting around. If not, I'll start a gofundme to get your lad a private jet.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Finding out that QLD is opening its borders on Tuesday. No more border permits and chats to random police at border control. I can go to work and come home with relative ease! They may get closed again if things kick off but hopefully common sense will prevail and we'll be good.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 9:25 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
For the first time since early March I held my granddaughter’s tiny hand today. It felt lovely.

She spends Tuesday learning from home. So we took her with us when we walked the dogs this morning. We had our arms outstretched (social distancing) and wore gloves. I’m a happy mouse today.
Happy for you JG, hope there is a lot of hand holding to come.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 1:18 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Got lucky, we gained corridor status a couple of weeks ago. If we hadn't or if it gets taken away, I'll not be travelling I don't think.

You will, you will. Once we get into the New Year the world will start changing and there'll be ways of getting around. If not, I'll start a gofundme to get your lad a private jet.

Very kind, but the thought of the Little Lion actually operating any heavy machinery of any kind is still mind-bogglingly terrifying.

Guess which one represents him...
Old Nov 26th 2020, 6:35 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Very kind, but the thought of the Little Lion actually operating any heavy machinery of any kind is still mind-bogglingly terrifying.
I was thinking more of a gofundme for a seat in the back rather than at the sticks.

More good news overnight though, she's that excited that she's already planned the first two days, not just activities but dinners as well.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Picture of my grandson tucked up in bed with christmas quilt on
Old Nov 26th 2020, 12:53 pm

I was thinking more of a gofundme for a seat in the back rather than at the sticks.

More good news overnight though, she's that excited that she's already planned the first two days, not just activities but dinners as well.

Oh, right. Well yes, that would be better. Although he was put at the controls of a large tractor with a scoop on the front at the age of 10 by a mad farmer. Luckily it was in the middle of a big field in Cumbria, and it did give him the thrill of his life.

There's nothing at all wrong with making your mum happy. Plus you get good dinners out of it. Are you being taken out for improving trips to stately homes and museums and such?
Old Nov 26th 2020, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Aussies thinking Madonna had died!!!
Old Nov 26th 2020, 1:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Aussies thinking Madonna had died!!!
That is pretty funny, but I can assure you that this Aussie knew it was Maradona!
Old Nov 26th 2020, 1:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Guess which one represents him...
So, are there many squirrels in Portsmouth?
Old Nov 26th 2020, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
So, are there many squirrels in Portsmouth?

Stuffed with the things.

He's currently being distracted by Scouse squirrels though
Old Nov 26th 2020, 2:03 pm
Concierge

Stuffed with the things.

He's currently being distracted by Scouse squirrels though
Your boy has such good taste Fingers crossed he can change his Uni and stay there.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 2:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of squirrels, I have a new friend. He or she is a large fat grey/red squirrel. He comes a knocking at the kitchen door every morning. He seems to love pecans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.