Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Feb 6th 2020, 7:43 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Well we can definitely do with more of that around here.

Brexit has left a very nasty taste in some parts of the forum. It's nice to have some real conversation again.
Yes the true return of a wild man. As I sit at home watching Grantchester whilst doing a jigsaw of Bruge canal.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 8:11 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
Yes the true return of a wild man. As I sit at home watching Grantchester whilst doing a jigsaw of Bruge canal.

What is the deal with Grantchester? A cop with a vicar helping him out, then when the vicar moves away another vicar starts helping the cop out. What is this, some sort of new community policing initiative?
Old Feb 6th 2020, 9:33 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

What is the deal with Grantchester? A cop with a vicar helping him out, then when the vicar moves away another vicar starts helping the cop out. What is this, some sort of new community policing initiative?
Bloody police need someone to help them in the UK. I've only been back a fortnight, so I haven't seen any yet...... but they've closed down the local station (I tell a lie, they now have an office 9-5 in the fire station!)

A gardener mate had all his tools nicked (and four other houses were hit in the village on the same night). It took the SoC officer three days to get to him - at which point he said there was a snowball's chance of catching the perps - best call the insurance company.....

"Taking back control"

Old Feb 6th 2020, 10:23 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. A job share scheme of sorts. Presumably Magnum PI and half the cast of Happy Valley will show up on Songs of Praise at some point.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 11:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Bloody police need someone to help them in the UK. I've only been back a fortnight, so I haven't seen any yet...... but they've closed down the local station (I tell a lie, they now have an office 9-5 in the fire station!)

A gardener mate had all his tools nicked (and four other houses were hit in the village on the same night). It took the SoC officer three days to get to him - at which point he said there was a snowball's chance of catching the perps - best call the insurance company.....

"Taking back control"

Try calling the Rectory.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 2:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try calling the Rectory.
He's in Suffolk. The Rectory is either burned down or haunted.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 12:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
Sticking around. Like a lot of people I'd wandered off into social media only to find that most of it just leaves you feeling unpleasant. And after over a year (pretty much) of not bothering with Twitter or Farkbook I realized I had the inclination to say silly things to nice people.

That's you lot, by the way.
Good to hear. You don't even post food photos on FB anymore, I've been sad.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
He's in Suffolk. The Rectory is either burned down or haunted.

This must be why you never see any BBC crime series happening in Suffolk.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 2:20 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

This must be why you never see any BBC crime series happening in Suffolk.
BBC, 'at's Lunn'n en't ut? Buggers don't know where Suff'k ez, bor. Noo bobbies wi' bikes row'nd heeya .......

Old Feb 7th 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
BBC, 'at's Lunn'n en't ut? Buggers don't know where Suff'k ez, bor. Noo bobbies wi' bikes row'nd heeya .......

My aunt and uncle lived in Suffolk (just, near Fressingfield), but sadly they didn't sound like that.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 3:45 am
Account Closed

My aunt and uncle lived in Suffolk (just, near Fressingfield), but sadly they didn't sound like that.
That is deep in Suffolk! We lived for a while on the Essex/Suffolk border in a tiny village called Borley. Borley is well known for being famous for it's haunted Rectory!
Old Feb 8th 2020, 4:00 am
Account Closed

I had some 8mm films from back in the late 70's early 80's that traveled to Texas with us, that have moved to many different homes, have been rescued from hurricanes and floods until I finally sent them off to be digitalized.So many of our pictures had been ruined after our last flood and I had little hope of anything being on these old films.

Today we saw my mum again, my lovely sister in law, M's grandparents and one of his aunts that have all now sadly passed away. We watched our kids being funny silly little toddlers and saw ourselves as young parents. We laughed and cried as we watched them. It was quite emotional, especially as we were both so skinny (and M had a head of hair).
I'm really happy we still have these to remind us of years gone by.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I had some 8mm films from back in the late 70's early 80's that traveled to Texas with us, that have moved to many different homes, have been rescued from hurricanes and floods until I finally sent them off to be digitalized.So many of our pictures had been ruined after our last flood and I had little hope of anything being on these old films.

Today we saw my mum again, my lovely sister in law, M's grandparents and one of his aunts that have all now sadly passed away. We watched our kids being funny silly little toddlers and saw ourselves as young parents. We laughed and cried as we watched them. It was quite emotional, especially as we were both so skinny (and M had a head of hair).
I'm really happy we still have these to remind us of years gone by.
Reading this made me smile, good times well remembered
Old Feb 10th 2020, 10:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 10th 2020, 11:07 pm
Resident Cynic

I take your NTNON and raise you Pete and Dud.
"In the beginning was the fringe....."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.