Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jan 11th 2020, 9:11 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I did that to someone in work years ago because they were being annoying. 10/10 would do again, just for their reaction.

It's like two clicks to fix as well. Or at least it was on her computer. Even better is to just rotate it 90 degrees, it's more disorientating that way.
'Click' on TV were showing a TV that could be turned so it was vertical, so you could cast your mobile phone to it, full screen. Whether it will ever be a commercial thing is different, there were so many innovations, most of which will never see the light of day.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 1:41 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I did that to someone in work years ago because they were being annoying. 10/10 would do again, just for their reaction.

It's like two clicks to fix as well. Or at least it was on her computer. Even better is to just rotate it 90 degrees, it's more disorientating that way.
Even better when you can also rotate the monitor 90 degrees - watching the user trying to rotate the monitor and get the display right is great fun - or am I mean
Old Jan 11th 2020, 10:58 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Every bee counts. We need 'em all.

But this is the problem with nobody sending postcards any more - records are far too clunky for this job. Plus you're in Australia, so full of spiders - how do you get them out of the house without postcards?
Strange you should mention spiders, put this little beauty in the scrub land out back. This is a female funnel web and she was a bit feisty.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 12:09 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
Strange you should mention spiders, put this little beauty in the scrub land out back. This is a female funnel web and she was a bit feisty.

I'm ok with spiders in general, but that thing's the size of a dinner plate and it would probably stick you up and take your phone and wallet off you.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:34 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
'Click' on TV were showing a TV that could be turned so it was vertical, so you could cast your mobile phone to it, full screen. Whether it will ever be a commercial thing is different, there were so many innovations, most of which will never see the light of day.
I have one of my work screens horizontally and one vertically. The latter is really useful for reading / writing / editing documents. The former is great for watching youtube videos whilst you're meant to be working.

Old Jan 12th 2020, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

That having whined about my ancient Kindle dying on me... then it coming back to life again after a marathon boot up... Then the damn cable to boot it up..dying on me and asking around and searching on Ebay to find a new one... I strolled into our Portuguese supermarket yesterday ,and into their branch of an electrical goods store .. moaned to the guy behind the desk ( whilst buying a new toaster for YD) and he said 'Will this do' producing the exact cable I needed... OH JOY !!!! Sometimes I despair of myself Was it really that easy..?.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 13th 2020, 1:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
That was funny, except some of those robots dance better than I do
Old Jan 13th 2020, 2:19 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Our visitor left this morning. So we have the house and our time back to ourselves again . It's not that we don't like having visitors but coming straight after our holiday was tiring. He seemed to require quite a bit of entertaining and we couldn't tell him anything new because he already knew it or the fact or information was answered with "Obviously!"
Old Jan 13th 2020, 2:47 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Our visitor left this morning. So we have the house and our time back to ourselves again . It's not that we don't like having visitors but coming straight after our holiday was tiring. He seemed to require quite a bit of entertaining and we couldn't tell him anything new because he already knew it or the fact or information was answered with "Obviously!"
I could kick people like that fair up the clacker. Good riddance!
Old Jan 13th 2020, 3:27 am
Concierge

What's Popeye's favourite food?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nada-game-show
Old Jan 13th 2020, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

We got our house back to ourselves yesterday as younger Q boy headed back to uni in New Mexico, elder boy went back to Swansea on Monday. Once more it is just the two of us and the cat. It was lovely having them both home over Christmas, but now my car is there whenever I want to go out and I can plan meals knowing who will be in and when
Old Jan 13th 2020, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I was hopefully waiting for the "robot" to kick it's tormentor back
Old Jan 13th 2020, 10:31 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I'm ok with spiders in general, but that thing's the size of a dinner plate and it would probably stick you up and take your phone and wallet off you.
These things aren't that big, if they were there'd be no one living here . They do look exceedingly mean though.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 2:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
We got our house back to ourselves yesterday as younger Q boy headed back to uni in New Mexico, elder boy went back to Swansea on Monday. Once more it is just the two of us and the cat. It was lovely having them both home over Christmas, but now my car is there whenever I want to go out and I can plan meals knowing who will be in and when

Hope he isn't getting blown away in Swansea. Mine is in Liverpool for the week hanging out in pubs while wearing a hard hat and hi vis vest learning about different construction methods on sites around the city and they've been limited in terms of going up on tall exposed construction due to the wind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.