Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Dec 13th 2019, 11:56 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Thousands of 'penis fish' appear on California beach
Fat innkeeper worms typically burrow under the sand but recent storms have swept away layers, leaving them exposed

Apparently seagulls like them so men better be careful when changing on the beach.
So the next time you bury your toes in the sand, think about what throbs beneath the surface.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 11:57 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I wonder if he got a good reference.

Old Dec 13th 2019, 3:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
https://youtu.be/T8-ZQNPq40o

It's probably NSFW due to a curse word, but guess it depends on your workplace, discretion is advised if you can't handle a curse word.

I bet there's tons of people who wished they had the courage to do that!
Old Dec 13th 2019, 3:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Thousands of 'penis fish' appear on California beach

Apparently seagulls like them so men better be careful when changing on the beach.

That is probably the ugliest thing I've ever seen Still, I suppose we all can't be beautiful
Old Dec 13th 2019, 3:57 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
That is probably the ugliest thing I've ever seen Still, I suppose we all can't be beautiful
I mean, it's not like the thing we all know it looks like is exactly winning any design awards either.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 4:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I mean, it's not like the thing we all know it looks like is exactly winning any design awards either.

The functionality of the product is ok, but the art department let the side down.
Old Dec 13th 2019, 4:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Laughing out loud at that
Old Dec 13th 2019, 4:06 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The functionality of the product is ok, but the art department let the side down.
It was definitely designed by an intern who left it to the last minute.

I always loved Billy Connoly's bit about the scrotum. Something along the lines of 'just put them in some left over elbow skin and be done with it'

We're united in our grotesqueness, us humans.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Laughing out loud at that
You know, Nathaniel, this takes me back to our wedding night ...
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:26 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Small things make me happy lately. I have a 15 year old sleep number bed. The remote has been on the blink for 5 years due to being dropped etc. A new remote is $50. I visited the local store yestewday and the nice lady went out back and returned with a box of old remotes (like you probably have at home) & gave me one that looked right for free. Was not compatible but I put the old pcb in the new casing an its good as new!
Also, I recently bought a Roomba and now have no idea how I lived without it before
Old Dec 14th 2019, 1:58 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
Small things make me happy lately. I have a 15 year old sleep number bed. The remote has been on the blink for 5 years due to being dropped etc. A new remote is $50. I visited the local store yestewday and the nice lady went out back and returned with a box of old remotes (like you probably have at home) & gave me one that looked right for free. Was not compatible but I put the old pcb in the new casing an its good as new!
Also, I recently bought a Roomba and now have no idea how I lived without it before
Do you have a cat, if not get one, a Roomba only looks right if there is a cat sat on it as it cleans.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 2:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
What a nice lady to do that for you. Finding happiness in the small things is the way to go, if we wait for big things it's a long time between happies

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Do you have a cat, if not get one, a Roomba only looks right if there is a cat sat on it as it cleans.
Hahahaa Mike, that's very true!
Old Dec 14th 2019, 2:31 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I have a cat!

Ergo, I need a Roomba. Why can't these animals hang onto their fur
Old Dec 14th 2019, 2:34 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

So far the cat hides from roomba, but in time I hope they will bond😀
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

This classy lady in Chilliwack: (make sure you turn on the sound, there's sound)
https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/12...ft-chilliwack/
Old Dec 16th 2019, 2:39 am

This, from the BBC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.