Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Aug 17th 2019, 10:15 am
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Draft posts folder?
Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
+1
That post was brought to you courtesy of BB's parallel universe.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 7:05 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

The spare bogroll stash in the hotel I stayed in this week. Isn't it lovely?

Also this :

Last edited by Red Eric; Aug 18th 2019 at 7:08 am.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to think this was a, highly original way to get to meet your hero.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...asing-his-hero
Old Aug 19th 2019, 10:55 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
The spare bogroll stash in the hotel I stayed in this week. Isn't it lovely?

Also this :

Lovely. Must crochet me one of those

Old Aug 20th 2019, 1:44 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I do the old compose and immediately delete quite a lot. Not worth the hassle sometimes.

Better chocolate, better biscuits and better tea. The beer here doesn't bother me since I was always a Harp drinker back home anyway, and most mass produced lagers get you in the ballpark there

Anyway we are going back in October, but it's not really a holiday since it's for my sister's wedding and she's already being a bloody diva. Planning a trip-within-a-trip to Scotland though, which will be nice.
Isle of Skye is lovely, despite my S-i-L living there . Her and her partner used to do some eagle spotting for the RSPB. I think they still do it but not for the RSPB anymore. They even wrote a book about it! When we were on speaking terms, Kate took us to find a nesting pair of golden eagles with a chick. The chick was on the edge of the nest doing practice flying. Beautiful to watch and such a privilege.
Have a great time whatever you do.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 1:51 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

My dear Kiwi friend who is 84 was diagnosed with bowel cancer last Wednesday. She had a CT on Friday and saw the surgeon on Monday. The best news is that the cancer hasn't spread . What a huge relief. She's having an iron transfusion next Monday and then surgery on the 19th Sept. They don't think she will need a colostomy either. The cancer sucks but at least it's contained. She's such a wonderful, warm and active lady, that to see her decline over the past few months has been worrying. So glad that the future for her looks so much brighter this week.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 3:01 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
My dear Kiwi friend who is 84 was diagnosed with bowel cancer last Wednesday. She had a CT on Friday and saw the surgeon on Monday. The best news is that the cancer hasn't spread . What a huge relief. She's having an iron transfusion next Monday and then surgery on the 19th Sept. They don't think she will need a colostomy either. The cancer sucks but at least it's contained. She's such a wonderful, warm and active lady, that to see her decline over the past few months has been worrying. So glad that the future for her looks so much brighter this week.
That's lovely news. Best wishes to your dear friend x
Old Aug 20th 2019, 6:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds so familiar to what happened to me, it's a PITA as you recover from the operation, but it does heal, and you do get back to 'normal' I'm about 95% now after two months. Best of luck to her.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 1:24 pm
Gamers Rise Up

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Isle of Skye is lovely, despite my S-i-L living there . Her and her partner used to do some eagle spotting for the RSPB. I think they still do it but not for the RSPB anymore. They even wrote a book about it! When we were on speaking terms, Kate took us to find a nesting pair of golden eagles with a chick. The chick was on the edge of the nest doing practice flying. Beautiful to watch and such a privilege.
Have a great time whatever you do.
Thanks. We'll probably be on the other side of Scotland this trip, but it really is lovely there wherever you go. I'll keep an eye out for eagles nonetheless
Old Aug 20th 2019, 3:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I came across my sister's PhD thesis from years ago and had a quick browse. At the time she was studying I doing my best to survive a violent nightmare of a marriage (which, as is fairly typical of people in similar situations, I kept to myself). As I read her Acknowledgements, I saw something I hadn't read before. It was:
  • My sister, (name), for her unflagging and completely biased support for me and for everything I do.
Knowing that I must have kept a bit of 'me' during that time made me smile and a bit teary at the same time. She has a private FB message waiting when she wakes up which will probably make her smile and a bit teary too

Old Aug 20th 2019, 4:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I came across my sister's PhD thesis from years ago and had a quick browse. At the time she was studying I doing my best to survive a violent nightmare of a marriage (which, as is fairly typical of people in similar situations, I kept to myself). As I read her Acknowledgements, I saw something I hadn't read before. It was:
  • My sister, (name), for her unflagging and completely biased support for me and for everything I do.
Knowing that I must have kept a bit of 'me' during that time made me smile and a bit teary at the same time. She has a private FB message waiting when she wakes up which will probably make her smile and a bit teary too

I think that calls for a vanilla slice.

And quite possibly a glass of sherry.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 4:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I think that calls for a vanilla slice.

And quite possibly a glass of sherry.
She's such a love.

What a lovely thought! Unfortunately I'm out of cooking sherry, so it'll have to be rum flavoured essence. Send paramedics and stomach pump asap.
Old Aug 20th 2019, 9:47 pm
Finally mesh free!

That sounds so familiar to what happened to me, it's a PITA as you recover from the operation, but it does heal, and you do get back to 'normal' I'm about 95% now after two months. Best of luck to her.
Thanks to you and Sugarmooma for your good wishes, I shall pass them on to her.
I'm so sorry you've had to go through this Mike but happy you're on the right side of the surgery and feeling better.
Old Aug 21st 2019, 3:33 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Mike, you are a fighter with so much positivity! 5% more and you'll be firing on all cylinders again....
Old Aug 21st 2019, 8:36 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

My office exterior windows got cleaned by 3 blokes in harnesses just hanging from the top of the tower (46 stories). Now it's like a new ****ing view, there's daylight, the sea, the city, everything. It's just bloody marvelous.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.