Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jan 27th 2019, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

They printed countless lie's during the run up to the Brexit vote & got away with it
Hence I call it "The Poligraph"
This time they got well & truly "nailed"
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...-melania-trump
Old Jan 28th 2019, 11:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I just love this and I would have loved to have seen your face!

Have an amazing time with them while they are visiting x
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Wonderful. I love it!!!

They came for dinner this evening. That was the first time they've sat at my table, eating my food since Christmas Day 2004! Last time we ate together was July 2008.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 11:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
They came for dinner this evening. That was the first time they've sat at my table, eating my food since Christmas Day 2004! Last time we ate together was July 2008.
That's so lovely to read MP, I hope you enjoy every minute.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 12:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Splendid news.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

The newspapers carried a story about doctors possible being inundated by 'FitBit' wearers worried about their health because of data on these devices
This story popped up alongside it
A woman was worried about the health and fitness of her husband
She bought him a FitBit tracker
After a month or so she noticed when they were talking about it, that the BP reading was very high
The husband said there was nothing wrong, probable just a blip
She said no and hustled him to the doctors
The doctor agreed that the reading was unreliable, but asked the husband what kind of exercise he took?
At the same time the doctor was checking the GPS readings on the FitBit,and said to the man 'You seem to have an amazing routine for a 71 yrs old man
You've been jumping from one house to another at roof height down your street
The wife said 'Don't be ridiculous',but the husband said. 'That could be true, because I got so fed up with her nagging ,I put the FitBit round the neck of the cat !
Old Jan 31st 2019, 6:04 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

bizarrely enough, my dad being in hospital again.

My 83 year old , terminally ill with prostate cancer, in month 7 of you have 6 months to live, Dad, who has had two strokes , is currently in hospital because he has an uncontrollable muscle spasm in his left leg and can't use it.

The dr's don't know what to do and everyone including him think it is the funniest thing ever,

of all the things he could be hospitalized for
Old Jan 31st 2019, 9:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
...he has an uncontrollable muscle spasm in his left leg and can't use it.

The dr's don't know what to do and everyone including him think it is the funniest thing ever,
Is it a bit like Jack Douglas in his 'Carry on' role as Alf Ippititimus?

Old Feb 2nd 2019, 8:53 am
Frequently deleted!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

When translations go wrong!

Old Feb 2nd 2019, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Had a lousy week work wise , then this arrived , why can't we all work together as theses people do
Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

This piece in The Guardian in defence off Meghan Markel's 21st century attitude over her pregnancy , this is solely due to the constant & relentless attacks on her by the "gutter press" namely the Telegraph & Daily Mail.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/s...nting-her-bump
It's well worth a read
Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:45 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
Had a lousy week work wise , then this arrived , why can't we all work together as theses people do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CznVWQTf04E

Everyone likes a good stairway

Old Feb 5th 2019, 1:42 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

This piece in The Guardian in defence off Meghan Markel's 21st century attitude over her pregnancy , this is solely due to the constant & relentless attacks on her by the "gutter press" namely the Telegraph & Daily Mail.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/s...nting-her-bump
It's well worth a read
Completely unrelated, but I didn't realise until we started rewatching season 2 over the weekend, that she was in Fringe. Which makes Prince Harry marrying her much more cool than her marrying him, IMO

Also, **** the Mail.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 1:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CznVWQTf04E
Thanks Ingles, I enjoyed that so much!
Old Feb 6th 2019, 1:30 pm
Concierge

My first trip underwater

Underwater Observatory, Busselton Western Australia
Old Feb 6th 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
My first trip underwater

Underwater Observatory, Busselton Western Australia
Beautiful.

I remember the first time I swam in deep, clear seawater (not diving, never done that sadly) and being able to look straight down at all the fish swimming about, etc. It actually gave me the sensation of being quite high up and defiinitely of operating in a complete other medium (water).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.