Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Dec 11th 2018, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

OK, I admit I have a weird sense off humour , but you try not to smile when you read this !

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...gambling-trips
Old Dec 11th 2018, 9:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Yet again this could be pissed off or smile.

So the euphoria of pooping for England has worn off. Turns out the medication, Metformin, did not like me and I ended up being really sick with Lactic Acidosis. If you've never had it then you are lucky, if you have then you will probably not forget how you felt. Apparently runners of marathons often get it but I can guarantee I have not been running anywhere except to the bathroom! I ended up having to be rehydrated and thankfully I now feel better.

And the smile. It was a quick way to drop almost 12lbs.
Sorry to hear that you and Metformin didn't get on
Old Dec 11th 2018, 9:45 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
OK, I admit I have a weird sense off humour , but you try not to smile when you read this !

I read this out to my (Catholic) husband earlier today - his response was 'they should have been charged by the police - I bloody hate nuns'

He's right though - they should have been charged instead of protected by the church. It's not even as if it was a one-off, they've been at it for 10 years! Just on that, is it the case that US police don't have the power to independently charge a person if they know they've committed an offence, does the person/company offended against have to agree to the offender being charged?

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Dec 11th 2018 at 9:49 am.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 11:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet again no checks and balances in place to prevent this. It really is unbelievable that this went on so long.

On a lighter not all I could think of was Nuns on the Run with the nuns looking like Mel Smith and Rhyss Griff Jones.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 11:50 am
Concierge

I had some wonderful news today that made me smile. I posted a week or so ago about my 36 year old son's health problems over the past month, including having a cerebral infarction (stroke). His latest blood results are fantastic and he's no longer at imminent risk of another stroke. His balance is better too, and he even agreed to use the funky black walking stick I got him. Feeling so much more optimistic!
Old Dec 11th 2018, 11:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I had some wonderful news today that made me smile. I posted a week or so ago about my 36 year old son's health problems over the past month, including having a cerebral infarction (stroke). His latest blood results are fantastic and he's no longer at imminent risk of another stroke. His balance is better too, and he even agreed to use the funky black walking stick I got him. Feeling so much more optimistic!
That is wonderful. I am so happy for you both x

Now the hard part is to keep him motivated on recovery!
Old Dec 11th 2018, 12:09 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

So happy to hear this
Old Dec 11th 2018, 12:16 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Gambling - a bad habit!
Old Dec 11th 2018, 12:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes me bloody angry tbh. No one blinked or queried about regular trips to Vegas to gamble? Oh pray for us and our church? No nothing smile worthy there.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 12:37 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they said they were working under cover to save the other sinners!
Old Dec 11th 2018, 12:48 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. 36 is too young to have those sorts of health problems.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 1:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well done that man. Great news for you. In that sense his youth is on his side - the human body is incredibly resilient and if he does things right from now on and takes care of himself he will be so much better off.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 1:22 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

There was a young sister called Chang
who wanted more buck for her bang
She went on a spree
via the Holy See
and played ''till the demons sang.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 1:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
There was a young sister called Chang
who wanted more buck for her bang
She went on a spree
via the Holy See
and played ''till the demons sang.
Very good - but you need another syllable in the last line to make it scan properly. Maybe "and played til the demons they sang".

.../annoyinglyhelpful
Old Dec 11th 2018, 2:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I admit I have a weird sense off humour , but you try not to smile when you read this
I heard it on the radio during the night in a half asleep state and initially wondered why them being sisters was newsworthy.

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Gambling - a bad habit!
Did they win or was their return nun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.