Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jul 1st 2018, 8:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

hopefully opening page 1399
Old Jul 1st 2018, 9:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

reset options to 20 posts per page, and it now shows my last two posts. however it's page 1049 now.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 9:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
reset options to 20 posts per page, and it now shows my last two posts. however it's page 1049 now.
Always was for me Mike
Old Jul 1st 2018, 9:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Always was for me Mike
Me too! You always were a rebel Mike, you and your 15 pages
Old Jul 1st 2018, 9:44 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Smiling today because I'm moving out of this Airbnb house - not that it's horrible, but the mattress is about 30 years old, you couldn't swing a rat in the kitchen let alone a cat, and the owner left ALL his food in the cupboards so have had ours in plastic tubs for 5 weeks.
Moving to an apartment in a converted church this arvo for 4 weeks, and then back to Oz.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:02 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Smiling today because I'm moving out of this Airbnb house - not that it's horrible, but the mattress is about 30 years old, you couldn't swing a rat in the kitchen let alone a cat, and the owner left ALL his food in the cupboards so have had ours in plastic tubs for 5 weeks.
Moving to an apartment in a converted church this arvo for 4 weeks, and then back to Oz.
You have just made me shiver... Leaving his food in the cupboards? Seriously?

Sh*tty death, I'd have walked out (run out more likely) the moment I saw that.

Have a great time in church, 4 weeks will fly by, then off to 'a better place'.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:07 am
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
BB - Is this deliberate or did you just not think it through?
Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:08 am
Concierge

You have just made me shiver... Leaving his food in the cupboards? Seriously?

Sh*tty death, I'd have walked out (run out more likely) the moment I saw that.

It was pretty gross - he even said 'help yourselves to anything you want out of the cupboards'. Er, no thanks!

Yep, looking forward to the church as the reviews are great. The house we're in now was just a matter of necessity - three sisters visiting from Oz so we needed a big place and they're scarce this time of year. It was £500 a week, so not too bad for 5 people.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:15 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I've booked my flight to Portugal!! Back for the first time since April..... so they may have just dozed their way out of the WC (again) but now the real celebrations can begin!

I'm not going until the 18th, because all the ticket prices are stupid anyway and it will mean I can complete the heart monitoring (which I fully expect to show nothing...) - but it means I'll be there for SWMBOs birthday.

Porco Preto e Cristal ...... or Posta Mirandesa com Tinto , which first? Decisions, decisions........
Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:17 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
BB - Is this deliberate or did you just not think it through?
Totally deliberate as it happens. I was going to mention potential free wine, but bit back on that one...
Old Jul 1st 2018, 10:20 am
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Totally deliberate as it happens. I was going to mention potential free wine, but bit back on that one...
Such a wag!
Old Jul 1st 2018, 11:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Half way down Page 525 for me.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 11:25 am
BEfuddled

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I've booked my flight to Portugal!! Back for the first time since April..... so they may have just dozed their way out of the WC (again) but now the real celebrations can begin!

I'm not going until the 18th, because all the ticket prices are stupid anyway and it will mean I can complete the heart monitoring (which I fully expect to show nothing...) - but it means I'll be there for SWMBOs birthday.

Porco Preto e Cristal ...... or Posta Mirandesa com Tinto , which first? Decisions, decisions........
Good for you! That's got to be a win-win.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 12:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Half way down Page 525 for me.
Same here.

I have always had the max. number of posts per page. Can’t stand scrolling through page after page.
Old Jul 1st 2018, 5:13 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you! That's got to be a win-win.
Yes, hate paying OTT for air tickets - but since the Monarch bust last year, travel (and accommodation) in Portugal has become far more expensive. These days you hear far more French and Italian voices in the Algarve, too.

Market forces. That's the penalty you pay for living in a peaceful country when all the rivals have taken a hit.

.... and I'm sure Portugal is smiling after the Russia match (not, of course, that they'd take pleasure at Spanish failure. Much )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.