Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old May 19th 2018, 1:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Nothing to do with weddings, nor up coming mouth-watering footie matches... we've sold the Swiss house, yay!
Congrats
Old May 19th 2018, 8:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with weddings, nor up coming mouth-watering footie matches... we've sold the Swiss house, yay!
Oh well done!!
Old May 20th 2018, 1:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Might be a strange thing to laugh about, but I am anyway. Have just started my tax self assessment, the first since buying 2 rental properties. We bought these because our retirement funds weren't going to give us much of income sitting in a UK bank.

Anyway, I filled in my spreadsheet for the first property, which was tenanted for 10 months. I knew we'd had some heavy expenses for this property this year, not the least getting a new combi boiler installed. Once I'd made a pretty pattern on the spreadsheet with all the ingoings and outgoings, I realised that we'd made a £312.34 loss over the year. Not game to do the other property!

Oh the joys of being a 'property tycoon'
Old May 20th 2018, 9:46 am
Frequently deleted!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!
Old May 20th 2018, 9:47 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Woo Hoo! Fantabulous news BB.
Old May 20th 2018, 11:11 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very pleased for you.

Please round up the homeless woodpeckers and take them with you to the new place.
Old May 21st 2018, 7:16 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

This - it's a post in the Europe forum, thread title "How to avoid grammatical error while writing essay". I won't provide a link as I expect it'll be deleted shortly.
Essay writing is not an easy task. Essay is used as a form of evaluation in many instructional disciplines, and is used in both coursework and assessments. It is the maximum not unusual cognizance for observe consultations among college students the usage of Learning Development. To produce a high exceptional essay you want to demonstrate your ability and understand the title. Become aware of, suitable fabric to study and pick the maximum relevant material to consult in your essay. Construct an powerful argument; and arrive at a properly-supported conclusion. The need to apply the sort of huge range of instructional abilities is probably the principle motive why the essay format is so famous with tutors as a mission. Best essay writing service addresses the scope and importance of essay writing.
Very persuasive
Old May 21st 2018, 7:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
This - it's a post in the Europe forum, thread title "How to avoid grammatical error while writing essay". I won't provide a link as I expect it'll be deleted shortly.

Very persuasive

F-
Old May 21st 2018, 7:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post

Very persuasive
You were right, it's gone..
Old May 21st 2018, 7:39 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

You're far too generous Spouse of Scouse, I'd have given it a U.
Old May 21st 2018, 10:48 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
You're far too generous Spouse of Scouse, I'd have given it a U.
Jeez I'm lucky you weren't my teacher VS!

I'm smiling right now because the removalists are in, so it's all over bar the shouting (and a bit of cleaning). As most expats already know, moving is so bloody exhausting!
Have also had the pleasure of sitting out the back with 'Terry', the crew leader. Terry smokes and I smoke, so we sat in the sun with a cuppa and he regaled me with stories from his 20+ years in the business. Including a rather sad story about the day he did a rush job in London for Paula Yates because the bailiffs were coming
Old May 23rd 2018, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/v...nchester-video

Manchester's response exactly 1 year after the terrible attack
This is one off the moments when I'm proud to be English

Last edited by Ingles; May 23rd 2018 at 11:29 am.
Old May 23rd 2018, 3:51 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the congrats on the Swiss house sale, there's a bit of an odd story behind this, I'll do another post on the Belgian thread in the European forum later on.
Old May 23rd 2018, 8:28 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/v...nchester-video

Manchester's response exactly 1 year after the terrible attack
This is one off the moments when I'm proud to be English
Moving, defiant and inspiring. Brilliant.

Ingles, I'm sorry that you're not always proud to be English. We can be ashamed of our governments, our institutions and some of our fellow citizens, we can criticize and disassociate ourselves from their words and actions, but to be ashamed of your nationality is being ashamed of something that is intrinsic to you - something that makes you 'you'.
Old May 24th 2018, 3:45 am
Finally mesh free!

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Jeez I'm lucky you weren't my teacher VS!

I'm smiling right now because the removalists are in, so it's all over bar the shouting (and a bit of cleaning). As most expats already know, moving is so bloody exhausting!
Have also had the pleasure of sitting out the back with 'Terry', the crew leader. Terry smokes and I smoke, so we sat in the sun with a cuppa and he regaled me with stories from his 20+ years in the business. Including a rather sad story about the day he did a rush job in London for Paula Yates because the bailiffs were coming
I'm a hard-nosed biatch! Never gave any babies an APGAR score of 10. Babies are still blue on their hands and feet at 5 mins, so the most I could give was a 9. They throw 10's out around here as if they are going out of fashion.

Terry sounds like an interesting chap. It's thoroughly exhausting, it's what puts me off moving again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.