Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Apr 18th 2018, 9:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I've been hearing rumours that we might actually see the sun again later in the week. Not today, though.
for you
Old Apr 18th 2018, 10:00 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
for you

Cheers. Tomorrow, actually, is supposed to be sunny. It hasn't started snowing as of yet though, just a bit of freezing rain so far.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 11:23 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. Tomorrow, actually, is supposed to be sunny. It hasn't started snowing as of yet though, just a bit of freezing rain so far.
Terrible. I was thinking of you whilst mowing the lawn in the sunshine today....
No, really!!

PS - The Sun doesn't publish pictures of Juliet any more!
Old Apr 19th 2018, 1:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the sun. Had it yesterday as well. And maybe the day before. Possibly.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 1:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I have the sun. Had it yesterday as well. And maybe the day before. Possibly.
And more than likely, tomorrow as well
Old Apr 19th 2018, 2:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And more than likely, tomorrow as well
Old Apr 19th 2018, 3:40 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Terrible. I was thinking of you whilst mowing the lawn in the sunshine today....
No, really!!

PS - The Sun doesn't publish pictures of Juliet any more!
My sister was just telling me how nice it was back in NI today. Luckily for us, it didn't end up actually snowing last night after all. It's still a little nippy this morning, but it's sunny and snow is melting, which is all I care about.

I'm not sure I know who Juliet is . Never was much of a fan of the S*n though, of course. YNWA, etc.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 3:45 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

My sister was just telling me how nice it was back in NI today. Luckily for us, it didn't end up actually snowing last night after all. It's still a little nippy this morning, but it's sunny and snow is melting, which is all I care about.
24c today, according to my garden thermometer. Blue sky, no wind.

Just not normal......
Old Apr 19th 2018, 3:50 pm
Concierge

I'm not sure I know who Juliet is . Never was much of a fan of the S*n though, of course. YNWA, etc.
Juliet, Romeo's bird, you wally! From Shakespeare

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Scum.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 3:56 pm
Doin' It Right

24c today, according to my garden thermometer. Blue sky, no wind.

Just not normal......
24? My sister said it was about 15C in Carrick (my phone showed 63F, so that's about right). Of course, Carrick's by the sea, so it's always a bit cooler there.

Juliet, Romeo's bird, you wally! From Shakespeare
See, I completely missed that reference altogether. Romeo and Juliet is a song to me, though - I never did like Shakespeare after he was forced on us for GCSE English. Philip Larkin all the way

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Scum.
Quite right. It's got enough shit of its own already ...
Old Apr 19th 2018, 4:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

See, I completely missed that reference altogether. Romeo and Juliet is a song to me, though

Great song. I actually like it more than Shakespeare's version and I'm a Shakespeare fan.

Old Apr 19th 2018, 4:36 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Great song. I actually like it more than Shakespeare's version and I'm a Shakespeare fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLzmxOjqVE
Douglas Adams had Knopfler described beautifully:

"Mark Knopfler has an extraordinary ability to make a Schecter Custom Stratocaster hoot and sing like angels on a Saturday night, exhausted from being good all week and needing a stiff drink."

Of course, it was Tunnel of Love that Arthur was playing in that part of the story, but it's the same album, so it counts.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 5:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

"Mark Knopfler has an extraordinary ability to make a Schecter Custom Stratocaster hoot and sing like angels on a Saturday night, exhausted from being good all week and needing a stiff drink."

Of course, it was Tunnel of Love that Arthur was playing in that part of the story, but it's the same album, so it counts.

Yes, that is good.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 6:26 pm
Resident Cynic

Wasn't the sound of Romeo & Juliet down to the National Style "O" Resonator he was using, as shown on brothers in Arms??

Ah, memories of driving down to the Cote d'Azur with Dire Straits, Communique and Making Movies on an AIWA CD walkman player wired into the radio of the Renault 5 (trombone gearchange, of course!). Bobby Sands had just died and in the next couple of weeks, Bob Marley died and the Pope got shot..... a few other things to make that trip memorable!

Last edited by macliam; Apr 19th 2018 at 6:40 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 6:31 pm
Doin' It Right

Ah, memories of driving down to the Cote d'Azur with Dire Straits, Communique and Making Movies on an AIWA CD walkman player wired into the radio of the Renault 5 (trombone gearchange, of course!). Bobby Sands had just died and in the next couple of weeks, Bob Marley died and the Pope got shot..... a few other things to make that trip memorable!
>CD Walkman
>1981

Something isn't adding up here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.