Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Feb 26th 2018, 10:57 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Found on my twitter feed...

I spotted a cat on someone's porch, miaowing to be let in. Without thinking, I walked up to the door, rang the bell, nodded to the cat and left. It was only as I rounded the corner I realised what I'd done. I heard the owner shouting F**K ME SARAH, THE CAT JUST RANG THE DOORBELL!
Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-dw89d5zx0aa0n9x.jpeg  
Old Feb 26th 2018, 10:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post

I spotted a cat on someone's porch, miaowing to be let in. Without thinking, I walked up to the door, rang the bell, nodded to the cat and left. It was only as I rounded the corner I realised what I'd done. I heard the owner shouting F**K ME SARAH, THE CAT JUST RANG THE DOORBELL!
Just appeared on my FB newsfeed.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 11:04 am
Frequently deleted!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Apocalypse now?
Old Feb 26th 2018, 1:11 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Apocalypse now?
Apparently.

5 - 10 centimeters of snow seems to mean a national crisis.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 4:48 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently. 5 - 10 centimeters of snow seems to mean a national crisis.
... Oh come now L.i.W ... 20cm is possibly predicted, & maybe blizzard conditions for Friday... That's good for a 2 week shutdown!!!
But the good news is that Parliament will sit on with the House of Lords debating issues around snack foods & whether Quavers are as curly as they used to be....
Be British! - Johnny Foreigner will cower in awe.

.................................................. .............................

Originally Posted by mikelincs

Missed a trick there - could have used the cat as Foreign Secretary.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 3:07 am
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

waant today, but got to finally go to LA for work and got a complimentary upgrade to a suite from booking the cheapest room I could find in the hotel!
Old Feb 27th 2018, 12:56 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginnyc View Post
waant today, but got to finally go to LA for work and got a complimentary upgrade to a suite from booking the cheapest room I could find in the hotel!
Nice.

Expense everything you possibly can
Old Feb 27th 2018, 5:19 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... Oh come now L.i.W ... 20cm is possibly predicted, & maybe blizzard conditions for Friday... That's good for a 2 week shutdown!!!
But the good news is that Parliament will sit on with the House of Lords debating issues around snack foods & whether Quavers are as curly as they used to be....
Be British! - Johnny Foreigner will cower in awe.

.................................................. .............................

Missed a trick there - could have used the cat as Foreign Secretary.
I was in London yesterday for a funeral. My mainline train back to Suffolk was at 2100 with a connecting rural train at 2220 in Ipswich. Arrived early at Liverpool Street to be told that nothing was guaranteed after 2100 and all trains due to stop at 2200. After pushing was told my tickets would be accepted on the 2000 and onward - luckily I was early enough, with 10 minutes to spare.

The journey was uneventful, my connection was there and I arrived at the stipulated time. BUT, that was the last train (so I would have been stuck in Ipswich, if not London had I arrived for my planned travel). Arrived in Woodbridge to find a half-inch of dry powder snow covering the windscreen. Big deal.

Today they cancelled ALL trains on that rural line, so pre-emptive cancellations are the order of the day. Jokers. The sooner they lose their franchise, the better.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I was in London yesterday for a funeral. My mainline train back to Suffolk was at 2100 with a connecting rural train at 2220 in Ipswich. Arrived early at Liverpool Street to be told that nothing was guaranteed after 2100 and all trains due to stop at 2200. After pushing was told my tickets would be accepted on the 2000 and onward - luckily I was early enough, with 10 minutes to spare.

The journey was uneventful, my connection was there and I arrived at the stipulated time. BUT, that was the last train (so I would have been stuck in Ipswich, if not London had I arrived for my planned travel). Arrived in Woodbridge to find a half-inch of dry powder snow covering the windscreen. Big deal.

Today they cancelled ALL trains on that rural line, so pre-emptive cancellations are the order of the day. Jokers. The sooner they lose their franchise, the better.

Proper trains

Also, they could bring back those sandwiches that were curled up around the edges.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:07 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Also, they could bring back those sandwiches that were curled up around the edges.
Sardine paste.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:39 pm
Frequently deleted!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

The real beast from the east, west, north & south -
Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-screenshot_2018-02-27-20-34-43%7E2.png  
Old Feb 27th 2018, 8:08 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Bad Luck there macliam .... But at least you were able to get somewhere & at no extra cost... Surprised they didn't insist on a surcharge. It sort of sums up the whole wretched place these days...
Old Feb 27th 2018, 8:09 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Proper trains

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

Sardine paste.
Just for a moment there, I felt like I understood Brexit
Old Feb 27th 2018, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Just for a moment there, I felt like I understood Brexit
Indeed.

Oh, and the funny smell in the carriages. You've got to have the funny smell.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 8:22 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed.

Oh, and the funny smell in the carriages. You've got to have the funny smell.
That kind of plastic/old upholstery that's been farted on too many times/other people's feet smell?

They discontinued the old NIR Class 80 'thumpers' years ago and I can still smell those mofos. The weird inside smell, and that lungful of diesel exhaust you get as you are walking up the platform lighting up a fag once you get off at your station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.