Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Jul 4th 2017, 2:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Three years ago my nephew Liam was in an RTC whilst returning home from work. He 'died' three times on the operating table. We didn't know if he would live and if he did, what the outcome would be....brain damage, paralysed etc.

This week he is taking part in the Warrior Games in Chicago, representing the UK. On Saturday he was given the huge honour of carrying the Union Flag into the opening ceremony .

We are so very proud of this young man and all he has achieved in the face of such adversity. It has been a rocky road for him and the family but it's so great to see him coming out the other side and seeing a future for himself and his family. We are so grateful to all those who have helped in saving his life and with his recovery.
That's brilliant. Off to Google Warrior Games, hope he does well, not that it matters, to get there at all is a huge achievement in a relatively short time.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 6:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 is an unknown quantity at this point

Three years ago my nephew Liam was in an RTC whilst returning home from work. He 'died' three times on the operating table. We didn't know if he would live and if he did, what the outcome would be....brain damage, paralysed etc.

This week he is taking part in the Warrior Games in Chicago, representing the UK. On Saturday he was given the huge honour of carrying the Union Flag into the opening ceremony .

We are so very proud of this young man and all he has achieved in the face of such adversity. It has been a rocky road for him and the family but it's so great to see him coming out the other side and seeing a future for himself and his family. We are so grateful to all those who have helped in saving his life and with his recovery.
Amazing and uplifting

Congratulations to a brave determined young man
Old Jul 4th 2017, 6:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

What a great story, you and your family should rightfully be very proud of what he has achieved, but not only the family, it's a story that shows just what people CAN achieve despite the adversities they have gone through.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

..had to chuckle
Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-19657476_1907321365945499_2740213087785687745_n.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2017, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
..had to chuckle
LOL But of course it's a toss up.. Queen v Trump? Queen v Trump?
Old Jul 13th 2017, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Texas man stuck in ATM slides 'help me' note in receipt slot to bystanders | Fox News

This reminded me of a time I got locked in a NatWest branch in Leeds. I had gone to repair a printer (in an upstairs office). After fixing it, I went back downstairs and everyone had left. I froze, thinking I'd set off the alarm, went back upstairs and called 999... "You're not gonna believe this."

They called the manager who came to 'release' me. Turned out the alarm was not set and I could have just walked out the front door. Apparently, the cleaner sets the alarm after they're done.

And before you ask: The money was all locked away in the vault.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 3:37 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

moved from a cubicle to an office of my own at work
Old Jul 14th 2017, 3:56 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
moved from a cubicle to an office of my own at work
Basement?

(Congrats)
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:05 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

basement yes, but I do have a tiny strip of light so I can actually tell if it is light or dark outside
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:28 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

basement yes, but I do have a tiny strip of light so I can actually tell if it is light or dark outside
Saves using a webcam.

I'm in a sort of concrete box. I do have the A/C remote though. And my own stapler.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:29 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

A friend, still going strong, is "celebrating" this weekend his second 25th wedding anniversary.

I say "celebrating" because when I sent him my congratulations he asked, "What the **** is there to celebrate?"

I'm smiling, but I'm not sure he is...
Old Jul 14th 2017, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Saves using a webcam.

I'm in a sort of concrete box. I do have the A/C remote though. And my own stapler.
The joys of one's very own stapler!!! I guess you have your name on it in permanent ink? I did on mine and got quite paranoid about him when he went walkabout.
And a photo on file for evidence? Hell you might be able to have a tracker thing
( being so technologically adept) or get it microchipped like a precious pet. Better still handcuff it to a table leg .. then..... swallow the key.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
A friend, still going strong, is "celebrating" this weekend his second 25th wedding anniversary.

I say "celebrating" because when I sent him my congratulations he asked, "What the **** is there to celebrate?"

Some people never learn from their mistakes😉
Old Jul 15th 2017, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Great news.Just so long as they don't lock the door
Old Jul 15th 2017, 10:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post

My Mil got to her 24th with her first husband, he then died. She then married again, they got to their 24th, not long after he died. Not smile worthy obviously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.