Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Feb 16th 2016, 10:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by carolinephillips View Post
I hate turkeys- we suddenly have masses of them and they create an awful mess in your garden, and all over the road when they decide to make their nests.
I hate bloody rabbits and cockatoos and not too keen on possums either. My garden is destroyed and I have to fill in holes, scrape off poo, clear up mess and net everything every day. and to think I used to complain about moles and squirrels in the uk.......
These aren't Brush Turkeys, these are domestic 'real' turkeys. We don't have any Brush Turkeys on our property, they're all nesting on the neighbours blocks so the only irritant is them running across the road when I'm driving up it.

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
You probably either aren't allowed to or don't want to kill and eat them...
Brush Turkeys have no meat on them, nothing worth eating anyway and they are a protected species, not allowed to do anything harmful to them unfortunately.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:08 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Brush Turkeys have no meat on them, nothing worth eating anyway and they are a protected species, not allowed to do anything harmful to them unfortunately.
Can you at least flick them a V-sign and throw old socks at them?
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Can you at least flick them a V-sign and throw old socks at them?
I like it, if you aren't allowed to harm them you can at least confuse them.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:10 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I like it, if you aren't allowed to harm them you can at least confuse them.
Confusion is an often underused, yet remarkably effective weapon.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

why can't you kill them? I would if they're fussing up my garden. Garden first, stupid dirty animals last in line.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:31 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Pica View Post
why can't you kill them? I would if they're fussing up my garden. Garden first, stupid dirty animals last in line.
Bit of a pain in the arse having to deal with inedible corpses. One could always poison them and hope they snuff it in a neighbour's yard though ...
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We may have been known to lob the odd rude word at them on occasion but no more than that. They're an endangered species and each to his or her own and all that but I don't see the need to kill an animal or bird just because they're making a home or feeding on land that I happen to own the rights to for a brief period of time. If they were trying to kill me or mine I would probably feel differently but messing up a bit of earth???
Old Feb 17th 2016, 9:35 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
We may have been known to lob the odd rude word at them on occasion but no more than that. They're an endangered species and each to his or her own and all that but I don't see the need to kill an animal or bird just because they're making a home or feeding on land that I happen to own the rights to for a brief period of time. If they were trying to kill me or mine I would probably feel differently but messing up a bit of earth???
Try a scarecrow?
Old Feb 17th 2016, 1:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate View Post
Try a scarecrow?
That's what I thought, big stuffed dingo or cat or something, but on the innernet they recommend building up a compost mound under a shade tree somewhere away from your garden or in a less desireable portion of it and hope they build their incubation mounds there. These are interesting birds. They let the heat generated by composting vegetation incubate their eggs.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 2:05 pm
Doin' It Right

Try a scarecrow?
Or get a cat, or even a small army of cats.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 3:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Try a scarecrow?

That'd work.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 6:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Attached Thumbnails What made you smile today? Part III-daily_picdump_2038_640_high_11_zpsi3bqzbik.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2016, 9:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The golf competition rules for this Sunday, as translated by Google Translate:

- Multiple game geumbeon way, but competition is not applied new methods SUPERIOR
- OB applied for smooth economic progress: even found (OB regulations if the ball went over the case found nails, trees 5M) to see beyond the surface OB apply 5m
- Trees within a normal stage in a cart road is not applied OB
- OB Tee: pewo-way point in the direction away from the point 10M
- For the first beonta Drop (If you find the ball on the penalty imposed by the trees within less than 2m and 5m 1 Available number seven to go)
- Available in Divot can play by moving the consent of the player
- The soil-free turf should hit anyone except as a non-recognized cart road
- Concede admit length is less than the putter grip (However, the companion must be disregarded if hit just considering the state of the slope)
- More difficult game mode in addition to the above is subject to customary consent to each other
- Other operating decision handy with each other (stroke play) in each group

Well that's clear, then.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 10:37 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
The golf competition rules for this Sunday, as translated by Google translate:
(Snippity snip snip)
Well that's clear, then.
What's not to understand?
Old Feb 19th 2016, 1:26 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
What's not to understand?
This is all I need to understand:

What made you smile today? Part III-g5.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.