Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:37 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
Yeah, I had to leave the room. I'm not feeling good as it is and the incessant screaming wasn't improving things.

But, if it's any consolation, I've had to suffer the last 5 weeks of finding out little known facts (because dd didn't have her tweenie friends to confer about all of this) about One Direction. I discovered, thankfully, that many of her friend's moms have iPhones and I could plug my daughter into her friends on Face Time and she could tell them all of these lovely facts. Unfortunately the time difference was the only issue.
Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that my daughter is still at the stage where all she wants to do is watch cartoons and wear her princess dresses.

Though, I shudder to think about what the crop of manufactured, talentless, tone deaf hacks the poor little girls will be force-fed are going to be like when she's 12 ...
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that my daughter is still at the stage where all she wants to do is watch cartoons and wear her princess dresses.

Though, I shudder to think about what the crop of manufactured, talentless, tone deaf hacks the poor little girls will be force-fed are going to be like when she's 12 ...
Yes, your time will come my friend...
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:59 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad View Post
Hmmm....is that a bit of Facebook creep coming in .....think you got away with it thus time, just don't start with the " have a blessed day" crap or signing you posts with biblical quotes or I'm gonna tell on you!
You'll get another 10 year wait for the next one.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:00 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

My 4 year old had a teenage flip out yesterday about not not being allowed to go to a sleepover. You are never safe.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
My 4 year old had a teenage flip out yesterday about not not being allowed to go to a sleepover. You are never safe.
drama starts early with girls...
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:18 pm

drama starts early with girls...
Today's was because I called her daughter and she screamed "my name isn't daughter". Stomp stomp stomp, slam.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:19 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, mine flips out too (she's three) all the time. I'm not in the least bit worried about that, I ignore the tantrums so she has no audience to 'perform' for.

It's having to endure her banging on about whatever talentless group of felchers that Cowell will engineer overexposure for to fund his latest hair treatment or anal bleaching appointment that I'm not overly enthused about.

I shall aim to annoy her so much with my derision of her teen-idols of choice that she has no choice but to go and bother her mum instead
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:22 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

his latest hair treatment or anal bleaching appointment
Wonder how they can tell which end they are meant to be working on.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Today's was because I called her daughter and she screamed "my name isn't daughter". Stomp stomp stomp, slam.
It can only go downhill from here...
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh, mine flips out too (she's three) all the time. I'm not in the least bit worried about that, I ignore the tantrums so she has no audience to 'perform' for.

It's having to endure her banging on about whatever talentless group of felchers that Cowell will engineer overexposure for to fund his latest hair treatment or anal bleaching appointment that I'm not overly enthused about.

I shall aim to annoy her so much with my derision of her teen-idols of choice that she has no choice but to go and bother her mum instead
Well I suppose you can try...
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:29 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Wonder how they can tell which end they are meant to be working on.
Easy - if he's talking out of it, that's his arsehole.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:30 pm
Doin' It Right

Well I suppose you can try...
It won't take much effort to piss her off, I'd imagine. It doesn't now, I can only guess (if our son is anything to go by) that it gets easier as they get older.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It won't take much effort to piss her off, I'd imagine. It doesn't now, I can only guess (if our son is anything to go by) that it gets easier as they get older.
Er...not really.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:20 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
Er...not really.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:29 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
The pic of 2 should really be an old Bedford i think.. My memory is a bit hazy.

[Edit] This maybe..

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4121/4...85e39d63_z.jpg
My granddad was a coalman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.