Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 3:06 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad View Post
Darn it, where's the "defriend" button when you need it!
Near the bottom of depage.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 3:07 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, you were posh....back garden and all! Hope she tipped him well
We were! The coalshed was next to the lavvy.

Pretty sure he used to share a tipple with my Grandad.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 3:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Near the bottom of depage.
Weirdly and sadly, that made me chuckle very loudly. Good job the cat's deaf
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 3:14 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Near de bottom of depage.
There you go...
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 3:15 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

We were! The coalshed was next to the lavvy.

Pretty sure he used to share a tipple with my Grandad.
But the 64000 questions...newspaper, Izal or soft?
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 3:19 pm

But the 64000 questions...newspaper, Izal or soft?
Damn... Izal.... I had managed to block that out.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 3:46 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Damn... Izal.... I had managed to block that out.
Either at our house, but I do remember the dilly cart coming round every week to empty out the outside toilet, no flush toilets for us when I were a lad.I remember the council having to put drains across all the back gardens of the houses where I lived so we could be connected to mains drainage.. made things smell a little sweeter..
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:12 pm

The corporation muck cart
Was full right to the brim
The driver fell in backwards,
And found he could not swim
He sank right to the bottom
Just like a little stone
And as he sank, he gurgled
There's nooo place like home!

Etc etc
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:24 pm

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:28 pm

Doing away with the milkman was the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it......

But at least I've got dinky models of 1 and 3 to remind me of the good old days.....not sure about 2....that may have been before my time....
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:34 pm

Doing away with the milkman was the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it......

But at least I've got dinky models of 1 and 3 to remind me of the good old days.....not sure about 2....that may have been before my time....
The pic of 2 should really be an old Bedford i think.. My memory is a bit hazy.

[Edit] This maybe..

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:45 pm

The pic of 2 should really be an old Bedford i think.. My memory is a bit hazy.

[Edit] This maybe..

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4121/4...85e39d63_z.jpg
Ooh ooh ooh....got one of those too! Same colors nod everything!

And that got us back on topic, as it really did make me smile!
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Listening to my 12 year old tween singing while One Direction sings on the Today Show....
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 5:37 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
Listening to my 12 year old tween singing while One Direction sings on the Today Show....
What makes me smile is the thought of you having to suffer through watching One Erection (up each of their arses) on the Today Show
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
What makes me smile is the thought of you having to suffer through watching One Erection (up each of their arses) on the Today Show
Yeah, I had to leave the room. I'm not feeling good as it is and the incessant screaming wasn't improving things.

But, if it's any consolation, I've had to suffer the last 5 weeks of finding out little known facts (because dd didn't have her tweenie friends to confer about all of this) about One Direction. I discovered, thankfully, that many of her friend's moms have iPhones and I could plug my daughter into her friends on Face Time and she could tell them all of these lovely facts. Unfortunately the time difference was the only issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.