Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today? Part III

What made you smile today? Part III

Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Some of the comments by former Princeton classmates about Ted Cruz. I knew the guy was an arse, but boy oh boy. If the repubs want to hang their hat on him, please do it.

While Cruz’s friends from the debate team foresaw a successful career in politics for Cruz, many of the Princeton alums offered that they were deeply troubled by the possibility of Cruz running for president, a notion that one, who did not want to be quoted speaking against a former classmate who is now a senator, called notion “horrifying.”

Craig Mazin said he knew some people might be afraid to speak in the press about a senator, but added of Cruz, “We should be afraid that someone like that has power.”

Several fellow classmates who asked that their names not be used described the young Cruz with words like “abrasive,” "intense," “strident,” “crank,” and “arrogant." Four independently offered the word “creepy,” with some pointing to Cruz’s habit of donning a paisley bathrobe and walking to the opposite end of their dorm’s hallway where the female students lived.“I would end up fielding the [girls’] complaints: 'Could you please keep your roommate out of our hallway?'" Mazin says.

And the idea that his freshman roommate could someday be the leader of the free world? “I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United States. Anyone,” Mazin said. “I would rather pick somebody from the phone book."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-the-same.html
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

matt11 is an unknown quantity at this point

my kids make me smile a lot
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Stu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant futureStu_67 has a brilliant future

Being told by our 4 year old that he wanted to go to visit God in heaven. When asked why, he replied.."so I can visit Sassy (our pet rabbit who died last week) because he will be alive again in heaven".
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 3:45 am
Henry Bear

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I found out at the weekend I was getting a tortoise, now I cant stop smiling lol
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 12:06 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff View Post
I found out at the weekend I was getting a tortoise, now I cant stop smiling lol
We had one of those when I was a kid. We lost it one year, it sort of ran away, which seemed quite ambitious for a tortoise. But he'd actually gone to sleep under next-doors shed.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:34 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff View Post
Aah tortoises...reminds me of Blue Peter and the frenzied anticipation of Freda coming out of hibernation. Imagine if we'd had twitter back then, 'OMFG, I can't stand the suspense, when will she ****ing wake up!!'#thinkineedavodkatonumbthepain
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970 View Post
Aah tortoises...reminds me of Blue Peter and the frenzied anticipation of Freda coming out of hibernation. Imagine if we'd had twitter back then, 'OMFG, I can't stand the suspense, when will she ****ing wake up!!'#thinkineedavodkatonumbthepain
Freda? Wasn't it Fred?
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:50 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Freda? Wasn't it Fred?
Think she was the first transgender tortoise, started off as a Fred, made the change to Freda. Very progressive for the 70s.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 3:13 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

My dad painted our adresss onto ours after he great escape of 73.

He did the same thing to our dustbin for some reason.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 3:38 pm
locked in the attic

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
My dad painted our adresss onto ours after he great escape of 73.

He did the same thing to our dustbin for some reason.
Aah dustbins, now I'm nostalgic for bins without wheels. Though I don't miss lugging that dirty, heavy bastard to the end of our drive every Friday....and I'm not talking about Al..
Hats off to the clever bastard who thought of putting wheels on them and a hinged lid.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 3:42 pm

Though I don't miss lugging that dirty, heavy bastard to the end of our drive every Friday....and I'm not talking about Al..
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 4:07 pm
Henry Bear

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
We had one of those when I was a kid. We lost it one year, it sort of ran away, which seemed quite ambitious for a tortoise. But he'd actually gone to sleep under next-doors shed.
We had them growing up too, my Dad dug 'the big one up' Mum being Mum said we have to get another so it's not lonely lol. I then had a couple before we emigrated and then got duped into buying Sulcatas, only to find out they are the 2nd largest of the Tortoises, not what the irresponsible seller told me, so we re homed those to a person that knew all about them Now I'm getting a 5 year old regular sized fella and he'll be my forever tortoise, and I will have to will him to someone

Does Blue Peter still exist?
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 10:21 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 22nd 2013, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen View Post
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen View Post
Love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.