Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

What have you never done?

What have you never done?

Old Aug 26th 2020, 9:14 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you never done?

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Agreed!

Using a teapot, with milk first in the cup, is the more civilized way.
Indeed, I'd hate to shatter my delicate porcelain Vista Alegre with scalding hot liquid!

Regardless of Orwell's assertions, it is the only correct way to drink tea......
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/...ighereducation
Old Aug 27th 2020, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
That's a good one. Does the North Sea count?
Well, being a sea I suppose it does whilst the Channel isn't a sea so doesn't!! I suppose it could be argued that the Atlantic doesn't qualify either as it is an ocean!!
Old Aug 29th 2020, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been on a cruise ship. This doesn't seem to be the year to change that habit.
I've never been on a cruise ship either, and am not inclined to try now.
I've never gone skiing (get lots of pressure on this one from friends; I'm absolutely 100% sure I'd enjoy it, but then, I enjoy not doing it also, and there's a real risk of bodily damage and I don't like the cold!)
I've never broken a bone.
I used to be able to say, I've never spent the night in a hospital but sadly that one fell when I thought I'd had a heart attack a few years ago and was kept in for observation. Nothing found, but it did ruin my great record!
Old Aug 29th 2020, 9:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I miss cruising. At the end of next month we should have been cruising from Vancouver to Sydney via SF, LA, Hawaii and many pacific islands, then NZ to Oz...takes around 28 days. We have done similar for the last few years. We also take a month long cruise with my Sis and BIL in January. I know many people dislike the thought of cruising, but IMO there is cruising and cruising. All depends on which cruise line you travel with. Oh well, perhaps this time next year...
Old Aug 29th 2020, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I miss cruising. At the end of next month we should have been cruising from Vancouver to Sydney via SF, LA, Hawaii and many pacific islands, then NZ to Oz...takes around 28 days. We have done similar for the last few years. We also take a month long cruise with my Sis and BIL in January. I know many people dislike the thought of cruising, but IMO there is cruising and cruising. All depends on which cruise line you travel with. Oh well, perhaps this time next year...
That kind of cruise where your seeing pretty cool places I could do, its something I always wanted to do, but likely never will.

But I don't have desire to do any of those short 3-5 day types.

Old Aug 29th 2020, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
That kind of cruise where your seeing pretty cool places I could do, its something I always wanted to do, but likely never will.

But I don't have desire to do any of those short 3-5 day types.
We were late into cruising...about 15 years ago. I thought I would get bored, therefore I wasn’t interested. When we moved to Canada 7 years ago, we used to drive down to Florida during the winter and hop on and off cruise ships. Last minute bookings were the price of one or two nights stay in a Ft Lauderdale hotel. It was a no brainer. Our New Year cruises meant I could spend time with my only sibling. Fortunately our husbands are very much alike and get on very well.

The one time I have done a short (6 day) cruise was during spring break. We left Miami with a load of college kids. They were a hoot. I loved every moment of it!! The last morning when we were due to disembark, there was an announcement that we had to stay in our cabin for a head count. A girl had reported her boyfriend ‘overboard’. He had in fact spent the night with another girl and she thought it would be a good idea to get back at him to report him as ‘overboard’. As we left the ship, the FEDS were waiting to arrest her.
Old Aug 30th 2020, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I can safely say that I have never been on a cruise ship, never likely to, and I can hold my moral head high and say I've never been cruising. (Don't you just love the English language?)
Old Aug 31st 2020, 12:11 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
I can safely say that I have never been on a cruise ship, never likely to, and I can hold my moral head high and say I've never been cruising. (Don't you just love the English language?)
I always wondered what secrets that bouncing mouse was keeping...
Old Aug 31st 2020, 1:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I always wondered what secrets that bouncing mouse was keeping...
speaking of the dancing mouse...can you remember who found it for me?
Old Aug 31st 2020, 2:33 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Ray?
Old Aug 31st 2020, 2:40 am
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Ray?
Fatbrit, he of the bouncing sheep?
Old Aug 31st 2020, 2:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ray?
Yup...the big guy himself. Good memory...must be around 14 years ago.

Fatbrit, he of the bouncing sheep?
Nope.
Old Aug 31st 2020, 3:03 am

Yup...the big guy himself. Good memory...must be around 14 years ago.

I remember. He offered to do others as well.
Old Aug 31st 2020, 3:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I remember. He offered to do others as well.
Typical of Ray...tough on the outside but mush inside. He was always helping people behind the scenes of BE.
Old Aug 31st 2020, 6:14 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

i have never gone scuba diving

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.