Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Wagatha Christie case

The Wagatha Christie case

Old Apr 29th 2022, 4:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Wagatha Christie case

I can't be the only one who has been following this. It's a great laugh.

Background.

And the latest - Rebekah Vardy has suggested agent may have leaked Coleen Rooney stories to Sun, court hears

It's like Watergate.
Rooney’s legal team have struggled to obtain some potentially crucial messages from Vardy and Watt, after a series of incidents that have affected the duo’s electronic devices...Watt accidentally dropped her mobile phone in the North Sea shortly after Rooney’s lawyers requested to search it for messages...Vardy employed an IT expert to back up her WhatsApp messages but the expert lost the password, and a laptop used by Vardy during the period in question has stopped working.

Rooney’s lawyers also say electronic records suggest there was manual deletion of some WhatsApp messages sent between Vardy and Watt.
After the case, "Bridge for sale"

Spoiler:

Old Apr 29th 2022, 4:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Wagatha Christie case

Old May 7th 2022, 10:53 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

So the big case starts next week.

What I hadn't really taken on board was a previous ruling. When Coleen made the original accusation she apparently said “It’s……… Rebekah Vardy’s account.” and a judge ruled that the ordinary person reading this would conclude its meaning was to identify Rebekah as the one responsible.

I must admit that is the way I had taken it, but my actual memory when the news first broke was "It's Rebeka Vardy" and not the account part.
Possibly this may be because it was reported that way. For example, a BBC report has the sub-heading of exactly that.

Newsweek on the other hand carries a report that "It's .........Rebekah Vardy's Account" had become an internet meme.

It seems a rather tough ruling to have made. I mean we all know that accounts can be hacked so to describe the source of the leaks as an account seems to allow for that possibility or even that someone else used the account. However, I didn't read the other stuff and maybe there was something more leading to that ruling.

It's almost like HIGNFY panellists adding the word "allegedly" didn't really absolve them from things they said.

Anyway, the upshot apparently is that Coleen has to now prove Rebekah was personally responsible, which is going to be difficult due to the events in the quote in the OP which 'an expert' describes as “Destroying evidence deliberately is a very serious matter. But there’s no suggestion that that happened. It does seem there was an unfortunate series of events which has meant this case can’t be properly proved.”

Presumably there's no suggestion that the "unfortunate series of events" was deliberate because that would be libellous, however ludicrous the unfortunate series of events may sound. I suppose a dog may have eaten someone's homework once.

So, to next week...

Old May 7th 2022, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
So the big case starts next week.

What I hadn't really taken on board was a previous ruling. When Coleen made the original accusation she apparently said “It’s……… Rebekah Vardy’s account.” and a judge ruled that the ordinary person reading this would conclude its meaning was to identify Rebekah as the one responsible.

I must admit that is the way I had taken it, but my actual memory when the news first broke was "It's Rebeka Vardy" and not the account part.
Possibly this may be because it was reported that way. For example, a BBC report has the sub-heading of exactly that.

Newsweek on the other hand carries a report that "It's .........Rebekah Vardy's Account" had become an internet meme.

It seems a rather tough ruling to have made. I mean we all know that accounts can be hacked so to describe the source of the leaks as an account seems to allow for that possibility or even that someone else used the account. However, I didn't read the other stuff and maybe there was something more leading to that ruling.

It's almost like HIGNFY panellists adding the word "allegedly" didn't really absolve them from things they said.

Anyway, the upshot apparently is that Coleen has to now prove Rebekah was personally responsible, which is going to be difficult due to the events in the quote in the OP which 'an expert' describes as “Destroying evidence deliberately is a very serious matter. But there’s no suggestion that that happened. It does seem there was an unfortunate series of events which has meant this case can’t be properly proved.”

Presumably there's no suggestion that the "unfortunate series of events" was deliberate because that would be libellous, however ludicrous the unfortunate series of events may sound. I suppose a dog may have eaten someone's homework once.

So, to next week...
But can they compete with the Depp v Heard case??
Old May 7th 2022, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

£3million wasted on legal fees by these idiots. I can see the judge awarding one of these women damages of £1.
Old May 7th 2022, 9:48 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jolly Good View Post
But can they compete with the Depp v Heard case??
From my perspective I've been following Wagatha but not read a word beyond a headline for the other two.

I was tempted when I saw something about her pooping in the bed but I resisted.
Old May 7th 2022, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

From my perspective I've been following Wagatha but not read a word beyond a headline for the other two.

I was tempted when I saw something about her pooping in the bed but I resisted.

I follow it on FB for the memes
Old May 10th 2022, 10:03 am
Oscar nominated

And so it begins. Day one of an expected 6 days.

Aren't you on the edge of your seats?
Old May 11th 2022, 10:30 am
Oscar nominated

From the first day
David Sherborne, acting for Coleen Rooney, asked Vardy whether she was the sort of person who leaked stories to the media. After Vardy said she was not, the lawyer began reading out excerpts from a 2004 interview Vardy once gave to the News of the World about a one-night stand she supposedly had with singer and entertainer Peter Andre.

Sherborne quoted Vardy’s words from the interview: “Peter’s hung like a small chipolata … the smallest trouser equipment I’ve ever seen.”
Not much else from the opening day other than Rooney's side accepting they don't have a smoking gun.
Old May 11th 2022, 3:29 pm
Oscar nominated

Day two:
Rebekah Vardy has confirmed she attempted to leak a story about the arrest of a drink-driving Premier League footballer to a journalist at the Sun – but insisted it was a one-off....she sent the information to her agent Caroline Watt, along with a WhatsApp message that said: “I want paying for this x.”When told the Sun had already got the story about the arrest from a source at the police station, Vardy said she was “fuming I didn’t give it to you earlier”.
A 'one-off' following the kiss and tell mentioned earlier and leaking the information to the agent about a different footballer, and something about an unnamed female celeb. So that's, what, four one-offs.

Had this been a jury trial I suspect they may have their verdict by now.
Old May 11th 2022, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what Vardy is hoping to get out of the trial? Riches or celebrity? Certainly a nasty bitch.
Old May 11th 2022, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philat98 View Post
I wonder what Vardy is hoping to get out of the trial? Riches or celebrity? Certainly a nasty bitch.
I wonder how her husband feels about it all?
Old May 12th 2022, 1:55 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jolly Good View Post
I wonder how her husband feels about it all?
The source of that leak might be too obvious.
Old May 12th 2022, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

The source of that leak might be too obvious.
Old May 12th 2022, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

"Little" Peter Andre has got a mention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.