UKNova

Old May 17th 2009, 3:14 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKNova

Inspector George Gently

Just caught the first episode of the second series....thought it was pretty good, set in the 60's, has Martin Shaw as the inspector....fairly long, 1.5hr episodes but pretty good stuff, slow to get going I thought though, but rather nice watch all the same, and the cars are lovely.
Old May 19th 2009, 9:21 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone catch the opening of the roof at Wimbledon? Was pretty good but they clipped it before the singles game finished, didn't show the ladies game either.
Old May 19th 2009, 9:39 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Inspector George Gently

Just caught the first episode of the second series....thought it was pretty good, set in the 60's, has Martin Shaw as the inspector....fairly long, 1.5hr episodes but pretty good stuff, slow to get going I thought though, but rather nice watch all the same, and the cars are lovely.
Yes, I'm enjoying that. Nostalgia, The North, what's not to like?
Old May 19th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
Yes, I'm enjoying that. Nostalgia, The North, what's not to like?
But there are no subtitles for us southerners.
Martin Shaw's accent sounds a little phony to my southern ears.
Old May 19th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm following Ashes to Ashes Series 2.
Science fiction, Police Drama, Comedy with a hot chick, and eighties music.
Old May 25th 2009, 11:08 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Anyone been catching Reginald Perrin? It's a remake thats been remade apparently, but I couldn't be arsed to check it out as there's so much other stuff on the hop.

Oh, and UKN 5 years today apparently...indeed.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:15 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone been catching Reginald Perrin? It's a remake thats been remade apparently, but I couldn't be arsed to check it out as there's so much other stuff on the hop.
Started watching the first one but gave up as I thought it was shite.

Liked the original.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 3:25 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Mumbai Calling

I guess it's been out a couple of years and shown in a few countries, but it's finally being shown in the UK, even though it's a Brit show. It's about a manager being sent out to India to run a call centre.

It's pretty silly, but we rather liked the first episode....worth a punt at least
Old Jun 5th 2009, 10:09 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Mumbai Calling

I guess it's been out a couple of years and shown in a few countries, but it's finally being shown in the UK, even though it's a Brit show. It's about a manager being sent out to India to run a call centre.

It's pretty silly, but we rather liked the first episode....worth a punt at least
I watched the first one as it was a freebie on The Box. Not sure yet whether I'll bother getting more as I've got a fair amount of viewing to do with stuff I've downloaded already.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:29 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Kingdom

Third series just started, the first was shown on PBS over here. Anyway, it's Stephen Fry as a country lawyer. Very silly, but pretty funny too in a dry sort of way with a bit of mystery thrown in.

Worth catching.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:55 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Personal Affairs

New show about a bunch of PA's...very funny, slightly dark and well worth a watch...but where those birds are from is bugging me, recognise them from some where...hmm...
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:07 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Occupation

Rather like it, follows the lives of a bunch of lads doing a tour in Bashra and then dealing with life back home afterwards and how some do back as mercenaries etc.

Little bit different, tad slow but has potential.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:17 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Springs

It has Alex Kingston as the main character as the leader of 4 ex-cons that have just nicked 3 million quid from her ex-husband...they try to flee the country but a big mishap with their passports means that they have to stay in the country and so they all end up in a tiny little village in Scotland..

Up to now there's been 2 episodes and I have to admit its looking good so far, definitely worth a peek...
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:43 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Anyone needing an invite ot The Box ??

Ive got half dozen so pm me your e mail address if you need one.
First come etc etc.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:04 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy View Post
Anyone needing an invite ot The Box ??

Ive got half dozen so pm me your e mail address if you need one.
First come etc etc.
We always advice folk not to post this, many folk have given away invites and then lost their own memebership due to other folk DL to much or screwing the ratios up, if you are going to give an invite make sure you know the person well

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.