Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Trivia Chit Chat

Trivia Chit Chat

Old Dec 12th 2021, 4:32 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trivia Chit Chat

8 of my 10 history questions today were US centric

Not a leg to stand on. 1 of the 8 I actually knew, backed with 2 brilliant guesses
Old Dec 27th 2021, 12:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Five bloody Shakespeare questions out of ten.
Old Dec 27th 2021, 9:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Five bloody Shakespeare questions out of ten.
Well, it is 'Literature' so you have to accept there are likley to be questions about Shakespeare
Old Dec 27th 2021, 9:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Well, it is 'Literature' so you have to accept there are likley to be questions about Shakespeare
It's kind of weird, though. Americentric everywhere else but bloody Shakespeare-centric for literature. It's a good job Shakey didn't invent the computer or there'd be even more.
Old Dec 27th 2021, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
It's kind of weird, though. Americentric everywhere else but bloody Shakespeare-centric for literature. It's a good job Shakey didn't invent the computer or there'd be even more.
That's a rockin' good way...
Old Dec 29th 2021, 1:30 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Today I was thrilled to retain my one hundred percent record of inability to answer an algebra question correctly.
Old Dec 31st 2021, 2:11 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VaccumSpacer View Post
What was the question? And what was your final mark?
I couldn't remember an equation two seconds after looking at it, let alone two days later!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

How the heck do you lot scroll through the questions so quickly? Is it a mobile trick?
I'm using a Chromebook and would like to use my mousepad to select the answers and the scrolling keys to scroll down the page but that just scrolls through the answers for the question that I've just done, which means I'm answering, then mouse over the edge bar, drag down to see the next two questions, two answers, repeat. There isn't a cat in hell's chance that I'm going to go sub-60 seconds messing around like that let alone some of the freakishly quick 30 seconds that some of you put up.
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 1:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
How the heck do you lot scroll through the questions so quickly? Is it a mobile trick?
I'm using a Chromebook and would like to use my mousepad to select the answers and the scrolling keys to scroll down the page but that just scrolls through the answers for the question that I've just done, which means I'm answering, then mouse over the edge bar, drag down to see the next two questions, two answers, repeat. There isn't a cat in hell's chance that I'm going to go sub-60 seconds messing around like that let alone some of the freakishly quick 30 seconds that some of you put up.
Phones, ipads, other touchscreen devices.

That would be my guess.

If the screen rotation and resolution are such that you can see all questions at the same time, that would make it easier.
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 1:20 am
Oscar nominated

As an experiment I once went through the questions skimming them enough to see what they were getting at (but not looking at the sometimes clues) and then just clicking on any answer without reading all the alternatives. The time was something in the 40s.

From what others have said the questions come around repeatedly. I've not been doing it that long and I've seen it quite a lot.

It seems that for those who have done it a long time they can start to read a question and know what the answer is without finishing. If that happens 2 or 3 times, then super quick times are possible.

Of course there are some geniuses doing it too.
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 8:31 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Phones, ipads, other touchscreen devices.

That would be my guess.

If the screen rotation and resolution are such that you can see all questions at the same time, that would make it easier.
This is very true. I use a 15" laptop combined with an arthritic mouse, so what with the scrolling and the mis-clicks (followed a few seconds later by some mild swearing) I'm never really surprised that I end up where I do. And that's assuming that I understand the question in the first place.

I've played a couple of times using my Linux desktop, with a responsive mouse and a 27" monitor, as you say being able to see all the questions at the same time does make it easier. Apart from the comprehension aspect, obviously.
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 8:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I did the one thing one should never do, went with a second guess, and my first one was right, so missed out on a 10/10
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 10:25 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
I did the one thing one should never do, went with a second guess, and my first one was right, so missed out on a 10/10
Of course the exception to that is when you decide your first answer is the one to go with but your second one was correct.
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 3:31 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

This https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...10-005178.html and my laptop is only14".
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 3:37 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Basic HP laptop with basic HP mouse. I find it a lot more difficult to navigate rapidly on the odd occasion I've had to do the quiz on my phone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.