Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Trivia Chit Chat

Trivia Chit Chat

Old Aug 12th 2019, 10:30 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trivia Chit Chat

I don't know how some are so flipping well quick. It takes me time to read the questions properly.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 4:36 am
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trivia Challenge 2019

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I don't know how some are so flipping well quick. It takes me time to read the questions properly.
I wouldn't worry, it's not exactly a marketable skill or anything. There are only a small handful of things I'm good at, it just so happens that memorizing a bunch of useless trivia and reading very quickly are two of them
Old Aug 13th 2019, 4:59 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I wouldn't worry, it's not exactly a marketable skill or anything. There are only a small handful of things I'm good at, it just so happens that memorizing a bunch of useless trivia and reading very quickly are two of them
You'd be an in-demand team member at quiz nights!
Old Aug 13th 2019, 3:10 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
You'd be an in-demand team member at quiz nights!
I used to be on a team for a monthly quiz back home. Best we ever managed was 3rd place, sadly, but the quizmaster would pick some really hard questions compared to the normal pub quiz fare. Was always a fun night.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 5:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I used to be on a team for a monthly quiz back home. Best we ever managed was 3rd place, sadly, but the quizmaster would pick some really hard questions compared to the normal pub quiz fare. Was always a fun night.
They're great for a get together with mates. Although after the last one I went to, I may never attend one again. They decided to make the night 'more fun', so had stuff like a prize for the table that could do the best Humphry Bogart impression. I would have had more 'fun' staying home and defluffing my navel.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 5:33 pm
Hail Satan!

They're great for a get together with mates. Although after the last one I went to, I may never attend one again. They decided to make the night 'more fun', so had stuff like a prize for the table that could do the best Humphry Bogart impression. I would have had more 'fun' staying home and defluffing my navel.
Oh no, ours had none of that. It was a nice, simple 'show up with your team, have a few pints and enjoy a quiz' type of deal. Every fourth Thursday without fail, we were there, and when my then-fiancee came to visit me, it was during quiz week so she joined our team that time. They don't really have the traditional pub quiz here, just trivia night which isn't really the same, but she enjoyed it.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trivia Chit Chat

Pull up a chair and sit a spell. Consider this your moan and groan room or your lord it over us with your speed and knowledge. Or just plain have a cuppa and chat away. Enjoy!
Old Aug 14th 2019, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trivia Chit Chat

What a load of stinkers today!
Old Aug 14th 2019, 4:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I've not played yet. When I post the results me brain is still foggy so I wait til later and then I forget. Actually, these days I rarely turn on the computer after 3 p.m. I guess I should go now and play while I remember and with your evaluation of today's questions, I'll never get 10 out of 10.

PS Played and damned if I had gone with my first instinct I would have had 10.

Last edited by Rete; Aug 14th 2019 at 5:04 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 9:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
I've not played yet. When I post the results me brain is still foggy so I wait til later and then I forget. Actually, these days I rarely turn on the computer after 3 p.m. I guess I should go now and play while I remember and with your evaluation of today's questions, I'll never get 10 out of 10.

PS Played and damned if I had gone with my first instinct I would have had 10.
Rete, don't forget that you can change any or all of the categories to ones that suit you even.. lol.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 10:13 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
I've not played yet. When I post the results me brain is still foggy so I wait til later and then I forget. .
My brain is always foggy it seems to me.

Remembering not to miss the first question helps.

Old Aug 15th 2019, 2:25 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Rete, don't forget that you can change any or all of the categories to ones that suit you even.. lol.
Hmmmmmmm, 4th grade level might work
Old Aug 15th 2019, 2:26 pm
Concierge

I'm a fan of Janis Joplin and that was the question that I changed my answer to an incorrect one.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 2:31 pm
Concierge

Please excuse this question but I'm a newbie, only joined 6 years ago Where do you all go to find these trivia questions?
Old Aug 15th 2019, 2:53 pm
Hail Satan!

Please excuse this question but I'm a newbie, only joined 6 years ago Where do you all go to find these trivia questions?
They're auto generated. You just pick the categories for each day and FunTrivia selects questions based on that. Which is why you tend to see the same ones come up from time to time, or variations of the same ones anyway.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.