Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Todays Saints

Todays Saints

Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:05 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Todays Saints

Originally Posted by Shakmaty View Post
March 1

* St. David
* St. Aubin
* St. Albinus
* St. Monan
* St. Eudocia
* St. Herculaflus
* St. Hermes and Adrian
* St. Leo Luke
* St. Leo of Rouen
* St. Lupercus
* St. Rudesind
* St. Marnock
* Adrianus

Of course it's St David's Day, but just who was the Patron St of Wales?

A teetotaller and good spiritual leader

So why Wales?
'Cuz there's a lot of Methodists there?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:49 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

So why Wales?
Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
'Cuz there's a lot of Methodists there?
Hi there you two saintly regulars.
I love this thread, it's the closest thing to a private public BE thread I know.
St Persistance be your guide.
Blessed be you chit chat and
St Monan be your soundtrack.
Long Live the Leek and the Yellow Daffodil.
May your wild garlic smell rank.

Now the Welsh were supposed to have a different Saint according to God's plan but when His messenger called out "here's St. Rudesind" (also March 1st) the Welsh thought he was a ruddy sinner and and went for someone whose name they recognised.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:02 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard View Post
I love this thread, it's the closest thing to a private public BE thread I know.
St Persistance be your guide.
Blessed be you chit chat and
St Monan be your soundtrack.
Long Live the Leek and the Yellow Daffodil.
May your wild garlic smell rank.

Now the Welsh were supposed to have a different Saint according to God's plan but when His messenger called out "here's St. Rudesind" (also March 1st) the Welsh thought he was a ruddy sinner and and went for someone whose name they recognised.
It is neat and educational and I look forward to it,
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:05 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

This is where I'll look if I want to find a screen name for my "flamer" persona if I decide to do one.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:10 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen View Post
This is where I'll look if I want to find a screen name for my "flamer" persona if I decide to do one.
OOoooooooh, that gives me goosebumps.

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:52 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard View Post
Hello I may be regular, but I'm certainly not saintly

It is neat and educational and I look forward to it,
Good, I'm glad you like it, and hope you'll contribute to my history thread when I get round to starting it

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen View Post
Fireeater is available and good for flamers
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:46 am
Sursum corda

Hello I may be regular, but I'm certainly not saintly

Good, I'm glad you like it, and hope you'll contribute to my history thread when I get round to starting it

Fireeater is available and good for flamers
Hot damn, a history thread.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:49 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

March 4

* St. Casimir
* Bl. Humbert
* St. Lucius I
* St. Adrian
* St. Appian
* St. Basil and Companions
* St. Basinus
* St. Casimir of Poland
* St. Felix of Rhuys
* St. Owen
* St. Peter of Pappacarbone
* St. Placide Viel
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:50 am
Take it easy

St Basil and companions....

Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:19 am
Take it easy

March 5

* St. John Joseph of the Cross
* St. Piran
* St. Adrian
* St. Virgilius of Arles
* St. Theophilus
* St. Caron
* St. Carthach
* St. Colman of Armagh
* Bl. Dionysius Fugishima
* St. Eusebius of Cremona
* St. Gerasimus
* St. John-Joseph of the Cross
* St. Kieran
* St. Oliva
* St. Phocas and Antioch
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:08 pm
Take it easy

March 6

* St. Colette
* St. Baldred
* St. Balther
* St. Basil
* St. Bilfrid
* St. Cadroe
* St. Conon
* St. Evagrius
* St. Fridolin
* St. Kyneburga, Kyneswide, & Tibba
* St. Marcian
* St. Ollegarius
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:29 am
Take it easy

March 7

* Sts. Perpetua and Felicity
* St. Ardo
* St. Theophylact
* St. Deifer
* St. Drausinus
* St. Enodoch
* St. Esterwine
* Bl. John Ireland
* Bl. John Larke
* St. Paul of Prusa
* St. Paul the Simple
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:26 am
Sursum corda

March 7

* Sts. Perpetua and Felicity
* St. Ardo
* St. Theophylact
* St. Deifer
* St. Drausinus
* St. Enodoch
* St. Esterwine
* Bl. John Ireland
* Bl. John Larke
* St. Paul of Prusa
* St. Paul the Simple
St Paul the Simple

Ignorance is bliss?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:28 am
Take it easy

St Paul the Simple

Ignorance is bliss?

His name springs out of that list

btw, next week, I start the history thread...we'll see if we get any more takers than this one

Going away this weekend so was waiting for it to be over before kicking off the new thread
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:30 am
Sursum corda

His name springs out of that list

btw, next week, I start the history thread...we'll see if we get any more takers than this one

Going away this weekend so was waiting for it to be over before kicking off the new thread
Okey dokey, looking forward to it and mate-Take it easy,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.