Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Todays Saints

Todays Saints

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:26 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Todays Saints

Originally Posted by Shakmaty View Post
Simon Paul.....you shall deny me 3 times....

"I can call you Betty......"
well exactly!!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:40 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

February 24

* St. Adela
* St. Betto
* St. Sergius
* St. Cumine
* St. John Theristus
* St. Modestus
* St. Montanus
* St. Primitiva
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:38 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

St. Primitiva??? Oh, I don't think so.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:42 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
St. Primitiva??? Oh, I don't think so.
The patron saint of the Spanish lottery
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:51 am
Sursum corda

The patron saint of the Spanish lottery
well I suppose it beats being the patron saint of indoor plumbing.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:53 am
Take it easy

well I suppose it beats being the patron saint of indoor plumbing.
wouldn't that be Bl Domestos
Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:57 am
Sursum corda

wouldn't that be Bl Domestos
Silly me-that's what comes from being a Protestant.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:00 pm
Take it easy

Silly me-that's what comes from being a Protestant.
I'm an atheist, but I love all the stories and mysteries
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:04 pm
Sursum corda

I'm an atheist, but I love all the stories and mysteries
Seems that a few years back they had a big purging of saints. Ah here it is:

http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=36
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:07 pm
Take it easy

Seems that a few years back they had a big purging of saints. Ah here it is:

http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=36
The Catholic Church has had more revamps than Microsoft
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:53 pm
Sursum corda

The Catholic Church has had more revamps than Microsoft
Well the trouble is that they canonized somebody at the drop of a hat- I guess it was a PR stunt in as much as a sincere effort to get the church off the ground.

I would say modern day folks who would deserve such a title would be Mother Theresa and the late Pope. Although I didn't hold with much of John Paul's conservative orthodox beliefs, he at least was a "people" pope which the church needed.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:56 pm
Take it easy

Well the trouble is that they canonized somebody at the drop of a hat- I guess it was a PR stunt in as much as a sincere effort to get the church off the ground.
So it's Canon's fault and not Microsoft

I would say modern day folks who would deserve such a title would be Mother Theresa and the late Pope. Although I didn't hold with much of John Paul's conservative orthodox beliefs, he at least was a "people" pope which the church needed.
There'll be celeb saints in years to come
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:58 pm
Sursum corda

So it's Canon's fault and not Microsoft

There'll be celeb saints in years to come
Yeah, HP tried to get into the act but they were crowded out.

I'm thinking there'll be a movement for Angelina Jolie.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:00 pm
Take it easy

Yeah, HP tried to get into the act but they were crowded out.

I'm thinking there'll be a movement for Angelina Jolie.
St Lara

Perhaps St Britney for Patron of Motherhood

Or for humility, St Paris
Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:01 pm
Sursum corda

St Lara

Perhaps St Britney for Patron of Motherhood

Or for humility, St Paris
Britney might be better as patron saint for hopeless causes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.