Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

THATS SAD

THATS SAD

Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:49 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default THATS SAD

The last remaining survivor of the Titanic has been forced to sell her mementoes from the liner to help pay for her nursing home fees.

Millvina Dean, who was a two-month-old baby when the ship sank in 1912, is to auction off items including a suitcase filled with the clothes given to her family by the people of New York when they arrived in America after being rescued.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4954772.ece
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:31 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THATS SAD

Originally Posted by Ray View Post
The last remaining survivor of the Titanic has been forced to sell her mementoes from the liner to help pay for her nursing home fees.

Millvina Dean, who was a two-month-old baby when the ship sank in 1912, is to auction off items including a suitcase filled with the clothes given to her family by the people of New York when they arrived in America after being rescued.

I was just reading that, poor old dear what a shame I hope someone showers her with everything she needs in her final years, and she can hang onto the momentos's that she has treasured for so long.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:32 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

So sad that she has to sell her mementoes..........
Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
I was just reading that, poor old dear what a shame I hope someone showers her with everything she needs in her final years, and she can hang onto the momentos's that she has treasured for so long.
Just been watching the story on the local TV news...what a lady. It's a pity that this is a common story for so many elderly people.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:56 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

how awful.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:47 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Thats shit!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

very sad

I hope someone comes to her rescue

perhaps a museum could buy them but let her hold onto them for now?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:23 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I was starting to think your listening to Radio Two, Ray. Getting all these stories.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:27 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

The wonderful welfare state of the United Kingdom.

Piss on the elderly, but give hand outs to all and sundry flooding in from overseas and lazy twunts on the dole.

Good riddance.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
The wonderful welfare state of the United Kingdom.

Piss on the elderly, but give hand outs to all and sundry flooding in from overseas and lazy twunts on the dole.

Good riddance.
Well said.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Frances Johnsen Troup is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally agree with you.This is indeed a sad and tragic story which should never happen to anyone.Like someone suggested,perhaps a museum could buy them and let her hold onto them to help her out.For sure I hope someone does come to her rescue.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:33 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

They aren't actually anything special they're things like the clothes she was given when they were landed after rescue. She could also go into council accomodation she doesn't have to be private
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
They aren't actually anything special they're things like the clothes she was given when they were landed after rescue. She could also go into council accomodation she doesn't have to be private
Collectors pieces they still are ..fetch more than 3000 I bet
Old Oct 18th 2008, 3:15 am
"amuse me"

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's sad, after all, she's not being 'forced' to sell them. She has choices like Thydney has said, she doesn't have to be in a private home. She probably intended selling them at auction before she died anyway, so sorry, I don't see anything sad in it at all.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC report has just been broadcast on NBC today...maybe someone will come forward and help her out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.