British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   Rugbymatt (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/rugbymatt-934090/)

Mitzyboy Jul 31st 2020 2:28 pm

Rugbymatt
 
This morning we've learned that Matt Gilbert AKA Rugbymatt on these forms has passed away. Have no other information other than that, but just letting those older forum members here who knew him well know
He spent a lot of time in the Lounge as I remember, so many of you may remember him
I have no information as to what happened, other that he was found at home as I believe he lived on his own.

Lion in Winter Jul 31st 2020 2:48 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12890290)
This morning we've learned that Matt Gilbert AKA Rugbymatt on these forms has passed away. Have no other information other than that, but just letting those older forum members here who knew him well know
He spent a lot of time in the Lounge as I remember, so many of you may remember him
I have no information as to what happened, other that he was found at home as I believe he lived on his own.


That is a shock, and very sad. We used to chat a lot when he was on here more regularly.

mikelincs Jul 31st 2020 3:12 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12890290)
This morning we've learned that Matt Gilbert AKA Rugbymatt on these forms has passed away. Have no other information other than that, but just letting those older forum members here who knew him well know
He spent a lot of time in the Lounge as I remember, so many of you may remember him
I have no information as to what happened, other that he was found at home as I believe he lived on his own.

That's very sad, yes I knew him, but only from on here, he was very active when I was living in Spain. so sad.

Jerseygirl Jul 31st 2020 3:20 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 
Oh no!!! I liked and missed Matt.

thanks Mitz and please let us know if you hear anything else. If you are in touch with his family, please pass on our sincere condolences.

Mitzyboy Jul 31st 2020 4:28 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12890313)
Oh no!!! I liked and missed Matt.

thanks Mitz and please let us know if you hear anything else. If you are in touch with his family, please pass on our sincere condolences.

I'm not in touch with them, I heard from Sam Greenfield who was also a long time member on here

Lion in Winter Jul 31st 2020 5:35 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12890347)
I'm not in touch with them, I heard from Sam Greenfield who was also a long time member on here


Is this someone we might know by their BE name? A lot of us don't share real names much on here at all.

kimilseung Jul 31st 2020 7:42 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 
I missed his regular posts on here.

Lion in Winter Jul 31st 2020 7:51 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 


'Night Matt.

Mitzyboy Jul 31st 2020 7:55 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12890313)
Oh no!!! I liked and missed Matt.

thanks Mitz and please let us know if you hear anything else. If you are in touch with his family, please pass on our sincere condolences.


Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12890377)
Is this someone we might know by their BE name? A lot of us don't share real names much on here at all.

No Sam Greenfield is as herself on here, but I think not a regular visitor

mikelincs Jul 31st 2020 11:01 pm

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12890442)
No Sam Greenfield is as herself on here, but I think not a regular visitor


'She hasn't posted since 2018, but may, of course, still be reading posts. We were all in Spain and regulars on the same forum at that time, early 2000s.

Sugarmooma Aug 1st 2020 1:39 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 
Oh no. I often post on his Facebook threads. He was supposed to be moving down to Cornwall and it recently got called off because of Covid.

That is heartbreaking.
RIP Matt x

Lion in Winter Aug 1st 2020 2:58 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 12890551)
Oh no. I often post on his Facebook threads. He was supposed to be moving down to Cornwall and it recently got called off because of Covid.

That is heartbreaking.
RIP Matt x

I think he'd been ill?

Pollyana Aug 1st 2020 3:04 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12890290)
This morning we've learned that Matt Gilbert AKA Rugbymatt on these forms has passed away. Have no other information other than that, but just letting those older forum members here who knew him well know
He spent a lot of time in the Lounge as I remember, so many of you may remember him
I have no information as to what happened, other that he was found at home as I believe he lived on his own.

Sad news.
We used to chat a lot back in the day.
RIP Matt. x

BEVS Aug 2nd 2020 4:52 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 
I'm a bit shocked by this rotten news.
Very sad all round. Gone far too soon.

Thank you for thinking to let us BE lot know.

Mitzyboy Sep 28th 2020 1:09 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 
Just letting you know that apparently the coroners report has the cause of death as peritonitis

Jerseygirl Sep 28th 2020 1:28 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12915214)
Just letting you know that apparently the coroners report has the cause of death as peritonitis

What a waste of a life. I presume it could have been avoided if found earlier.

Thanks for letting us know Mitz.

Sugarmooma Sep 28th 2020 1:38 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12915218)
What a waste of a life. I presume it could have been avoided if found earlier.

Thanks for letting us know Mitz.

Its something that is not always apparent and will attack the body fairly quickly.
I just hope poor Matt didn't suffer too much:(

Jerseygirl Sep 28th 2020 1:46 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 12915221)
Its something that is not always apparent and will attack the body fairly quickly.
I just hope poor Matt didn't suffer too much:(

I knew someone who died pretty quickly of the same. I too hope Matt didn’t suffer.

Lion in Winter Sep 28th 2020 1:49 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12915214)
Just letting you know that apparently the coroners report has the cause of death as peritonitis

Thank you for letting us know. Such sad news. So young.

mikelincs Sep 28th 2020 7:10 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12915214)
Just letting you know that apparently the coroners report has the cause of death as peritonitis

Thanks for letting us know Mitzy.

Mitzyboy Sep 28th 2020 8:51 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12915218)
What a waste of a life. I presume it could have been avoided if found earlier.

Thanks for letting us know Mitz.

Apparently it was to do with a tear in his bowel :(

Jerseygirl Sep 28th 2020 11:49 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 12915299)
Apparently it was to do with a tear in his bowel :(

I had a feeling it may have been that. It was something my surgeon was worried about before I had surgery. Thanks again Mitz.

The Rushman Oct 4th 2020 3:33 am

Re: Rugbymatt
 
Another one of the old banter kings gone.
R.I.P Sheepshagger


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.