Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:03 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
May I suggest Kelvin as a compromise?
Young Billy Kelvin a bit later in the day around 1848, right clever guy though.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MightBe
Young Billy Kelvin a bit later in the day around 1848, right clever guy though.
And they said he'd amount to absolutely zero at school.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Its blustery here in Seattle this morning. Not very cold, although it has been and its supposed to be.
Same here in Victoria BC Canada. Had a terrible rain/wind snow (probably came from that evil country below us hehhehe). Today it's 9c, still windy, damp and although we are slated to get sun this afternoon, it's raining at the moment and the prospect of any sun is very doubtfull.

Terrific thread - to hear what the weather is like all over the world.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

May I suggest Kelvin as a compromise?
Perfect with me. Just substract 273.15 and you'll have the temperature in Celsius.

BTW I don't know what the weather is like. It's dark outside.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Northern Michigan 48F just started to rain.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:09 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Same here in Victoria BC Canada. Had a terrible rain/wind snow (probably came from that evil country below us hehhehe). Today it's 9c, still windy, damp and although we are slated to get sun this afternoon, it's raining at the moment and the prospect of any sun is very doubtfull.

Terrific thread - to hear what the weather is like all over the world.
Here in the GA/AL border area they weatherman advised to "dress is layers this morning", as it was VERY cold...37f for a low, 67 and sunny in the afternoon. Being from the north I about died laughing...layers are for below zero up there. F##king pussies!!

Last edited by ironporer; Nov 15th 2004 at 6:33 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

48F (9C) kinda cloudy but at least no rain and strangely enough still no snow either !
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:14 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Some one once told me .... two years ago in fact that it never rains in Dubai, and this eveing there was thunder, awesome lightening and a downpour like you would nt believe but its past now... Its the closest I have got to the Uk weather ( Yeah sad I know ) x
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:15 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
48F (9C) kinda cloudy but at least no rain and strangely enough still no snow either !
rain here though Jan.
surprised you're not out with all the other rifle toting gunslinging deer shooting..........

nah me neither.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:16 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Tampa, FL: 77 degrees, partly cloudy.

Perfect convertible weather!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
rain here though Jan.
surprised you're not out with all the other rifle toting gunslinging deer shooting..........

nah me neither.
i cant shoot straight for the life of me .... plus it aint safe out there !! like a nice bit of venison tho
Old Nov 15th 2004, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Some one once told me .... two years ago in fact that it never rains in Dubai, and this eveing there was thunder, awesome lightening and a downpour like you would nt believe but its past now... Its the closest I have got to the Uk weather ( Yeah sad I know ) x
Mmmmmm, extreme weather, nature it it's finest. LOVE a thunderstorm.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 7:18 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmm, extreme weather, nature it it's finest. LOVE a thunderstorm.
30 years ago I quaked at the thought of thunder and lightening... real wuss, me! Though tonight was something else, the skies were alomost purple.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Calvi is an unknown quantity at this point

bloody windy but warm one old boat on the rocks because of the wind .........corsica
Old Nov 15th 2004, 7:47 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MightBe
Errr no!!!! England until it became part of Greater Europe used imperial measurement, since 1100.

Gabriel Fahrenheit brought out his thermometer in 1714, a good german boy

Then johnny come lately Anders Celsius got his version out in 1742, Nosy Swede
well thanks for the history lesson... but nowadays all temperatures in the uk are posted in celsius... so england is a celsius-using country regardless of its previous history... so my argument still holds...

over to you MB...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.