Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Old Sep 30th 2005, 4:11 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call: How's the Weather in Your Part of the World

Originally Posted by Bob
spot of rain...it shat down on us big time

about 2 hours of a wall of solid rain...I guess those storm and flood warnings were right this time *lol*...whole building was shaking like crazy...very fun..

We had that for a little while last night......but nothing like they said it would be.....
Today is cooler............sunny.......and not windy.....its 56 outside........should be 65 later.......
Old Sep 30th 2005, 4:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

partially cloudy, 55F..
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:32 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Morning everybody,

Another clear, bright day in Hastings - so far. Forecast for showers later on, temp around 19c
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:05 am
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute

England - Worcestershire, A crisp, sunny autumn morning, birds singing.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:08 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

A lovely, hot and sunny Australian spring day
Old Oct 1st 2005, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Morning from Victoria. 13c and finally some sun after 3 days of fog and rain (and hwp - dont say a word!)
Old Oct 1st 2005, 5:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

63F...fairly sunny...hmmm...
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:03 am
Account Closed

Sunday
Fine. A mostly sunny day with light to moderate northwesterly wind and local afternoon seabreezes.
Current Temperature: 18 C
Forecast Max: 23 C
Wind Direction & Speed: WSW at 4 knots
Humidity: 51%
Pressure: 1011.7 hPa
Warning: A strong wind warning is current for Victorian coastal waters west of Cape Otway.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Sunday
Fine. A mostly sunny day with light to moderate northwesterly wind and local afternoon seabreezes.
Current Temperature: 18 C
Forecast Max: 23 C
Wind Direction & Speed: WSW at 4 knots
Humidity: 51%
Pressure: 1011.7 hPa
Warning: A strong wind warning is current for Victorian coastal waters west of Cape Otway.
You got that off a weather website!

Saturday evening here....about 55F and stormy here.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
You got that off a weather website!

Saturday evening here....about 55F and stormy here.
I did - The Age newspaper (main paper here in Melbourne)

Good job I didn't copy and paste the whole report with shipping forcast etc, etc.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I did - The Age newspaper (main paper here in Melbourne)

Good job I didn't copy and paste the whole report with shipping forcast etc, etc.
Changed my mind...........here you are
Sea Conditions:

Port Phillip and Western Port Bay

Sunday
Northwest to westerly wind of 10 to 15 knots and local afternoon seabreezes to around 10 knots. Waves to around half a metre.

Monday
Northwesterly wind increasing to 20 to 30 knots early in the morning before shifting west to southwesterly at 20 to 25 knots later in the morning then tending southwest to southerly and easing to 10 to 15 knots during the remainder of the day.

Tuesday
Variable wind of 5 to 10 knots tending northerly during the morning then increasing to 15 to 20 knots later.

Wednesday
Northerly wind 20 to 30 knots easing to 15 to 20 knots before shifting southwesterly at a similar strength in the afternoon.

Northern Bass Strait

Sunday
Northwest to westerly wind 15/20 knots, locally 25 knots in the south, easing to 10/15 knots in the north during the day, then tending north to northwesterly at 10/15 knots later in the day and tonight, locally 20 knots in the far west. Seas mainly 1 to 2 metres reaching 3 metres in the south. West to southwest swell 1.5 to 2 metres reaching 2.5 metres in the far west.
Monday
Northwesterly wind increasing to 20/30 knots early morning before shifting west to southwesterly at 25/30 knots during the late morning then easing to 15/25 knots later in the day and at night. Seas 2 to 4 metres decreasing to around 2 metres later. West to southwest swell 1.5 to 2 metres reaching 2.5 metres in the far west.
Tuesday
Southwesterly wind easing to 10/15 knots in the early morning then becoming variable to 10 knots before tending northeasterly in the afternoon and gradually increasing to 20/30 knots.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:15 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Another clear, crisp morning in Hastings.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:19 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1066
Another clear, crisp morning in Hastings.
Same in my corner of East Anglia... Saw a rainbow this morning while I was out walking and felt 'rain' on my face... yet not a cloud above, only high ones way over on the horizon. Nice work Ma Nature.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 12:55 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

After a seemingly long dry spell we are having cloudbursts again which don't do much good in the long run. Temps still well into the 80s. Fall, haha.
I miss New England.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Same in my corner of East Anglia... Saw a rainbow this morning while I was out walking and felt 'rain' on my face... yet not a cloud above, only high ones way over on the horizon. Nice work Ma Nature.

Ooh, which is your corner of East Anglia? My aunt and uncle used to have a house near Fressingfield/Diss - well I say near, but it was out in a field, no other house in sight. Lovely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.