Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

RIP Steve Jobs

RIP Steve Jobs

Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:13 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP Steve Jobs

Originally Posted by BILDER View Post
I really don't get it...
Firstly this is not a Mac v. PC thread. Start another thread and knock yourselves out (please).
Who mentioned Macs or PCs? I thought this was a thread about turds
Secondly don't tell people what to do just before you state that you'll do whatever you like.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
I like what I do and would gladly give it up to earn in the top tax bracket
Though it's sometimes nice to giggle, as the missus had someone get denied for a loan recently, who clears $35-45K a month...it's the little things in life that make you smile
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
My point was, it's more user error than the quality of being a PC v Mac...shit still breaks and some folks still never have problems.

The in-laws shouldn't have so many problems, but being where they are up in Maine, when there are those recalls, by the time it comes to be up there, it's to late, talking of a few power supplies, a screen going, loads of plastic face plates crumbling. The apple care though, if you're able to get to a store is remarkably so much better than at most other techy places though....but it doesn't exist up in Maine anymore
So you're saying PC users are completely crap at using PCs hence all the problems there are with them with viruses etc, and Mac users are superior?
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Tell that to someone who's working 70 hours a week and barely brings home $13K a year....

It's easily to say do something you enjoy, but some folks have to put up with what life has thrown their way.

I don't envy those poor folks.
Yes, I guess it is quite necessary to put a qualifier on that, and say that one needs to enjoy what they do, and they need to be in a situation where they don't have to worry about how to make ends meet. Universal healthcare needs to be our next step as a nation. We put a man on the moon, how can we not get health care for all? Health costs are the most common cause of bankruptcy. Health insurance, shouldn't be a major worry for people.

Again, totally off topic.

Sorry Steve.

Last edited by BILDER; Oct 7th 2011 at 12:26 am.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:23 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't get it...
Firstly this is not a Mac v. PC thread. Start another thread and knock yourselves out (please).
Secondly, it's my fukking money, I will spend it on whatever the fukk I want. Don't tell people they are stupid for buying something. It isn't your money so bugger off.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:28 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead View Post
So you're saying PC users are completely crap at using PCs hence all the problems there are with them with viruses etc, and Mac users are superior?
You seem to be talking about Windows vs Mac, not PC vs Mac.

But the Mac really isn't the main offender in the Apple world, though it looks likely to follow the walled garden model. The control trend was started with the i- products.

BTW, the Mac is a hardware subset of the PC these days. Indeed, many ION-based notebook, as well as quicker architectures, can happily host OSX.

And do not forget that OSX was developed from BSD, or that many other *nix operating systems are similarly free of viruses.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:31 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Universal healthcare needs to be our next step as a nation. We put a man on the moon, how can we not get health care for all? Health costs are the most common cause of bankruptcy. Health insurance, shouldn't be a major worry for people.
Weren't you cheering Ron Paul the other day?
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
Weren't you cheering Ron Paul the other day?
Well, I wasn't cheering him. For the most part I am a conservative. I haven't found a conservative that supports universal healthcare. If you know of one, let me know. I said earlier (in the post you refer to) that Ron Paul would make health care much much more affordable than it is now. It's not universal healthcare, but perhaps the best solution currently offered to us by any candidate.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:36 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
In fairness I don't know a single graphic designer who doesn't use a Mac, and I know alot of them. When asked at an interview what system he uses, saying a PC wouldn't get him very far.
Agreed
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:43 am
Septicity

Well, I wasn't cheering him. For the most part I am a conservative. I haven't found a conservative that supports universal healthcare. If you know of one, let me know. I said earlier (in the post you refer to) that Ron Paul would make health care much much more affordable than it is now. It's not universal healthcare, but perhaps the best solution currently offered to us by any candidate.
No one has a right to medical care.
http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/health-care/

I think your principles may be conflicted.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed that they seem to have more interesting and varied discussions on the Canada forum now than we do.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
I have noticed that they seem to have more interesting and varied discussions on the Canada forum now than we do.
What does that have to do with this thread?
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I think Sally's saying she's bored of the Mac vs PC debate
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Yeah, sorry, I was flicking over to their Steve Jobs thread and it seemed more lively. I don't know a lot about the subject so it's actually quite interesting to get some different views.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
Yeah, sorry, I was flicking over to their Steve Jobs thread and it seemed more lively. I don't know a lot about the subject so it's actually quite interesting to get some different views.
I've just been reading the bed bug thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.