Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there

Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there

Old Nov 7th 2013, 2:49 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Stop posting pics of yourself taken on your cell phone in different poses we know what you look like and know you have a vanity/ego issue......( I have a GF on the east coast expat, not from BE) she is forever pouting into the cell and preening herself.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 2:54 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Love it I might just post that on FB today and she if she gets the hint but she is blonde
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:52 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Not Facebook as such, but I applied for a job with the local Council today. Apparently you won't even get an interview unless your application includes a lot of stuff on how equal opportunities you are.

I said to my advisor that surely the point of equal opportunities was to make everyone inclusive, not single out everyone's differences.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:01 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Not Facebook as such, but I applied for a job with the local Council today. Apparently you won't even get an interview unless your application includes a lot of stuff on how equal opportunities you are.

I said to my advisor that surely the point of equal opportunities was to make everyone inclusive, not single out everyone's differences.
You just need to make sure you have more differences than everyone else that applies.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:17 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What, you're shocked your and a load of other cars at the condo got broken into?...and especially shocked that the insurance companies aren't going to pay out on the claims?

Well you all shouldn't have been a bunch of fukwits and not locked your cars, you dopey tawt buckets.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:28 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Well get this then, your ethnicity is not what ethnicity you are, but what ethnicity you identify with. So, for example, if I, a white British female, identified with being Mexican, although I've never been to Mexico, i am, in fact Hispanic in ethnicity.

Oh yes
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:45 pm
Remainer

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b View Post
Well get this then, your ethnicity is not what ethnicity you are, but what ethnicity you identify with. So, for example, if I, a white British female, identified with being Mexican, although I've never been to Mexico, i am, in fact Hispanic in ethnicity.

Oh yes
I wrote on the application that I will treat everyone I meet equally professionally no matter who they are.

My advisor believes that wasn't enough, and I said that was all they were getting.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I wrote on the application that I will treat everyone I meet equally professionally no matter who they are.

My advisor believes that wasn't enough, and I said that was all they were getting.
They probably want you to show an understanding of their specific policies.

It always amazed me how some candidates fell down on this easy part of an interview when I worked at an FE college. One woman was asked the standard question about how she would implement equal opportunities policies, and answered, "I don't mind them! *embarrassed laugh* I treat them all the same! Oh I suppose I've failed the interview now!"
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:07 pm
Remainer

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
They probably want you to show an understanding of their specific policies.

It always amazed me how some candidates fell down on this easy part of an interview when I worked at an FE college. One woman was asked the standard question about how she would implement equal opportunities policies, and answered, "I don't mind them! *embarrassed laugh* I treat them all the same! Oh I suppose I've failed the interview now!"
Their specific policies require treating each differently. My personal policy is to treat everyone equally, which I thought was the point of equal opportunities.

I very much doubt I will get an interview anyway, as I also pointed out that if the candidate were to get the position due to needing to meet equal opportunities quotas, that positive discrimination is still discrimination.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:17 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Their specific policies require treating each differently. My personal policy is to treat everyone equally, which I thought was the point of equal opportunities.

I very much doubt I will get an interview anyway, as I also pointed out that if the candidate were to get the position due to needing to meet equal opportunities quotas, that positive discrimination is still discrimination.
It's not called equal opportunities, it's diversity awareness.
It's not about treating people equally, it's about giving them the same opportunities, despite the diversity. For example, you wouldn't treat a blind worker the same as seeing ones. You would ensure that they had a computer system that was voice controlled, giving them the same opportunity at work as everyone else, however taking into consideration their diversity.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:20 pm
Are we there yet?

What they will be looking for is that you recognized the differences between people, and ensure that people are not discriminated against because of those differences. .
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:40 pm
Remainer

It's not called equal opportunities, it's diversity awareness.
It's not about treating people equally, it's about giving them the same opportunities, despite the diversity. For example, you wouldn't treat a blind worker the same as seeing ones. You would ensure that they had a computer system that was voice controlled, giving them the same opportunity at work as everyone else, however taking into consideration their diversity.
What they will be looking for is that you recognized the differences between people, and ensure that people are not discriminated against because of those differences. .
Noted. Thanks for explaining T.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 2:34 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

It was posted last night and got 4/5 shares and alot of laughs it has also been copied and pasted by about 10 other friends as well, you may of opened a Can of worms, folk love it
Old Nov 8th 2013, 4:49 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Please - stop posting raunchy, flirty messages to your own spouse on FB. It's the lamest version of public foreplay in history. Nobody wants to see the phrase, "I'm going to lick you like a fudgesicle later."

Particularly when it appears the two of you have eaten quite a lot of fudge in your time.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 4:54 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
Please - stop posting raunchy, flirty messages to your own spouse on FB. It's the lamest version of public foreplay in history. Nobody wants to see the phrase, "I'm going to lick you like a fudgesicle later."

Particularly when it appears the two of you have eaten quite a lot of fudge in your time.
Gahhhh, there isn't a bleach strong enough to wash your eyes after seeing something like that

I ****ing hate facebook couples.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.