Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there

Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there

Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
It is hard to argue with crayons.
She does prefer to eat the crayons however.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog View Post
The mantra of every baby ever: EAT ALL THE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

At Olive Garden? Who wouldn't?
Old Dec 15th 2014, 9:34 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

I went somewhere last night who had GENIUS crayons. They were triangular and not round so the little stinkers couldnt roll them off the tables a bazillion times every meal!
Old Dec 16th 2014, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui View Post
I went somewhere last night who had GENIUS crayons. They were triangular and not round so the little stinkers couldnt roll them off the tables a bazillion times every meal!
I know right. We got some of those and they are brilliant, not only do they not roll they are easier for little toddler fingers to hold, and scribble on the bathroom wall while i am attempting to wash my hair as fast as humanly possible
Old Dec 16th 2014, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I have the added bonus of her and HusbandChog shouting at each other in Cantonese while my long suffering SiL (who is bloody brilliant) translates for me. We are home now.

Unfortunately we have to go back in April.

I can't wait. *sigh*
I feel you with regards to the [rather rude IMO] speaking in other language all the time when you only understand English. I have that issue time and time again. Out of pure nosiness are your in laws living in the UK or somewhere else?

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
At Olive Garden? Who wouldn't?
+1 My mum recently discovered this very olive gardeny place around our house (so basically not Italian at all) and we went and

a) She praised it as being good
b) It wasnt
c) The food also took 1.5 hours to come.
d) [this was in the summer] the a/c was broken.
The crayons were tasty
Old Dec 16th 2014, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gozit View Post
I feel you with regards to the [rather rude IMO] speaking in other language all the time when you only understand English. I have that issue time and time again. Out of pure nosiness are your in laws living in the UK or somewhere else?

+1 My mum recently discovered this very olive gardeny place around our house (so basically not Italian at all) and we went and

a) She praised it as being good
b) It wasnt
c) The food also took 1.5 hours to come.
d) [this was in the summer] the a/c was broken.
The crayons were tasty
To be fair to my MiL she doesn't actually speak any English.

I'm the rude one who has been married to her son for 3 years and have failed miserably to learn any Cantonese beyond "shut up and mind your own business" which my husband taught me for stress relief reasons in the days leading up to the wedding.(I never actually used it, but knowing I could if I really needed to made me feel SO much better) and "I am a Mighty, Mighty Watermelon" which while an accurate description of me at the end of my pregnancy is not particularly useful in everyday conversation.

My In-laws are in NYC and have managed to live there for nearly 40 years without learning any English
Old Dec 16th 2014, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Feel the love from my in-laws.

Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there-image.jpg
Old Dec 16th 2014, 1:13 pm
Queen of Diplomacy

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
Feel the love from my in-laws.

Attachment 120166
So much emotion. It's like something my in-laws would have sent...

R....., Dorthey, The Boy and The Girl (they never learned how to spell my name correctly and couldn't be bothered to learn the names of our children)
Old Dec 16th 2014, 1:18 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's fair enough. I don't plan on referring to any irritating little twat who tries to sniff around my daughter by name either ...
Old Dec 16th 2014, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
So much emotion. It's like something my in-laws would have sent...

R....., Dorthey, The Boy and The Girl (they never learned how to spell my name correctly and couldn't be bothered to learn the names of our children)
that is worse.

Just leave the bloke off if you can't be bothered to remember his name, I can't exactly leave the card out for him to see.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 1:32 pm
Queen of Diplomacy

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

that is worse.

Just leave the bloke off if you can't be bothered to remember his name, I can't exactly leave the card out for him to see.
We actually used to laugh about it. It's one of those sad but funny family things, I guess.

My father in law always used to tell my ex-husband "don't get involved with a woman. They're bad news". So one day I was feeling particularly pissed off about him saying it again in front of me that I asked if he would prefer his son get involved with a man instead.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 1:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
We actually used to laugh about it. It's one of those sad but funny family things, I guess.

My father in law always used to tell my ex-husband "don't get involved with a woman. They're bad news". So one day I was feeling particularly pissed off about him saying it again in front of me that I asked if he would prefer his son get involved with a man instead.
My FIL used to tell my husband that murders get a lighter sentence...they only have to serve 10/15 years.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They're great aren't they?

My mum to my daughter, in front of me: "You always love the second child more than the first."
Old Dec 16th 2014, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They're great aren't they?

My mum to my daughter, in front of me: "You always love the second child more than the first."
Actually my in-laws are great...they've always treated me like a daughter. Sadly FIL passed 6 yrs ago...he had a great sense of humour...always had us in stitches.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.