Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Recipe Thread

The Recipe Thread

Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Recipe Thread

Thanks. I've made rhubarb, will have to put that up here one of days.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to a Batterburg Cake recipe, since that was being discussed.

http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk...ame=battenburg
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Grandma Solinski's pierogies receipe!

6 cups flour
2 whole eggs
2 tablespoons salt
2 cups water

Mix well and knead dough. Cover with large mixing bowl for about half an hour. This makes it easier to roll with a rolling pin. Use a glass to cut out circles afer rolling flat. Stuff with desired filling and pinch tight using additional flour when necessary. Throw into boiling water quickly as exposure to air hardens the dough. You know they are ready to eat when they float. Fry in a frying pan in bacon fat until brown.......delicious!

Pierogi can be stuffed with almost anything, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and potato,meat, cabbage and/or sauerkraut, even prunes, blueberries and other fruit. They are usually eaten with sour cream. However, you have to addd suger to the sour cream when you fill them with fruit.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym View Post
Thanks. I've made rhubarb, will have to put that up here one of days.
with gooseberries...not seen much with them in around here...hmmm...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Another recipe thread FFS
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rushman View Post
Yep. Be nice or we won't give you any.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now, now get out your receipe cards!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Do we say that about Car thread's anyway why you getting upset, dont your Mrs cook you lovely meals then
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by britvic View Post
Do we say that about Car thread's anyway why you getting upset, dont your Mrs cook you lovely meals then
He's just feeling a bit left out because he wanted to start the thread himself!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:16 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Choccy Cake

• 2 Eggs (weigh these and use that weight for the following ingredients)
• Self Raising Flour/Ground Almonds (half of each to make up the weight)
• Margarine
• Sugar

Then add

• 1 tablespoon of Cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
• ½ teaspoon Baking Powder

Mix all of these together (I tend to add a splash of milk to loosen up the mixture) and put into a greased and lined small cake tin.
Put into a preheated oven (180◦ C). Once the mix has gone in break up about 50grams of plain chocolate with a rolling pin and then add to the mixture (this will melt and run through the cake whilst it’s cooking).

Cook for around 45 minutes (I tend to check it after about 35 minutes just to see how its doing)

Once it’s cooked allow it to cool completely before adding the topping.

Topping

• 200ml Double Cream
• 220/230 grams Plain Chocolate (broken up)

Heat the cream until it’s just about to boil. Remove from the heat and add the plain chocolate and allow this mixture to stand for about 5 minutes. Once the chocolate has melted start beating the mixture until it starts to thicken, stop when it’s thick enough to still run but not run too far. Cut the cake in half and apply this topping to the bottom half. Put the top layer back on and using a palette knife apply the rest of the topping. Best to refrigerate once this has been done as the topping will set better.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym View Post
Yep. Be nice or we won't give you any.
I'm sure he gets plenty.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I'm sure he gets plenty.
oh no oh no oh no... that think before you post thing... oops
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic View Post
I like Yves St Laurent suits too but I dont give a shit how they make them
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Choccy Cake

• 2 Eggs (weigh these and use that weight for the following ingredients)
• Self Raising Flour/Ground Almonds (half of each to make up the weight)
• Margarine
• Sugar

Then add

• 1 tablespoon of Cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
• ½ teaspoon Baking Powder

Mix all of these together (I tend to add a splash of milk to loosen up the mixture) and put into a greased and lined small cake tin.
Put into a preheated oven (180◦ C). Once the mix has gone in break up about 50grams of plain chocolate with a rolling pin and then add to the mixture (this will melt and run through the cake whilst it’s cooking).

Cook for around 45 minutes (I tend to check it after about 35 minutes just to see how its doing)

Once it’s cooked allow it to cool completely before adding the topping.

Topping

• 200ml Double Cream
• 220/230 grams Plain Chocolate (broken up)

Heat the cream until it’s just about to boil. Remove from the heat and add the plain chocolate and allow this mixture to stand for about 5 minutes. Once the chocolate has melted start beating the mixture until it starts to thicken, stop when it’s thick enough to still run but not run too far. Cut the cake in half and apply this topping to the bottom half. Put the top layer back on and using a palette knife apply the rest of the topping. Best to refrigerate once this has been done as the topping will set better.

Obviously abit of a poof
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I like Yves St Laurent suits too but I dont give a shit how they make them
Didnt I read somewhere that you were going on vacation to the NWT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.