Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

RANDOM COMMENT THREAD 2017

RANDOM COMMENT THREAD 2017

Closed Thread

Old Apr 21st 2017, 2:52 pm
Cultural Marxist

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RANDOM COMMENT THREAD 2017

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Sweet and sour here seems to just consist of balls of fried "something", so this was a nice change of pace. I cant seem to get it here.
You need to order Cantonese style to get something like what was in your picture. It was the same back home for me, from what I remember. Bog-standard sweet and sour had the deep fried chicken balls (everyone just get over the double entendre, there is no way to make that no sound dirty ), and Cantonese style was chunks of chicken in the sauce, with lovely pineapple chunks and bell pepper slices in it.

I want ****ing Chinese for dinner now.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 2:53 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Ibis are the most revolting vile 'bird' ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dYWhkSbTU

That's why you smother it with sauce.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 2:57 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
You need to order Cantonese style to get something like what was in your picture. It was the same back home for me, from what I remember. Bog-standard sweet and sour had the deep fried chicken balls (everyone just get over the double entendre, there is no way to make that no sound dirty ), and Cantonese style was chunks of chicken in the sauce, with lovely pineapple chunks and bell pepper slices in it.
So just saying it LOUDER and s l o w e r doesn't work? I will give it a go, but I strongly suspect our local takeout is going to stare blankly at me.

I want ****ing Chinese for dinner now.
So do I.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:01 pm
Cultural Marxist

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

So just saying it LOUDER and s l o w e r doesn't work? I will give it a go, but I strongly suspect our local takeout is going to stare blankly at me.
You really should just learn Mandarin, that will make things much easier ...

Your local takeout might not offer Cantonese style anyway. Still, can't be worse than when our local one, which used to be really good, got taken over by new owners and they changed all the recipes and they're kind of crap now

We go to our old 'local' one now, or the buffet. Mmm, Chinese buffet.

So do I.
I've got a match tonight though, so I doubt the rest of them want to wait until 8pm to get dinner. I shall have to wait until tomorrow, probably.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:06 pm

I've got a match tonight though, so I doubt the rest of them want to wait until 8pm to get dinner. I shall have to wait until tomorrow, probably.
Dinner first... Chinese later.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:08 pm
Cultural Marxist

Dinner first... Chinese later.
I've no time to grab dinner before I have to get to the field. Stop, drop and run is my Friday routine until the end of the season now.

This means I shall have to eat a bigger lunch
Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:09 pm

I shall have to eat a bigger lunch
Excellent plan.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:18 pm
Cultural Marxist

Excellent plan.
Usually works. Don't want to overdo it though, or I'll be shite at the game. Well, more shite than usual, I suppose.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:23 pm

Usually works. Don't want to overdo it though, or I'll be shite at the game. Well, more shite than usual, I suppose.
I bet a nice Chinese would set you right up.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:37 pm
Cultural Marxist

I bet a nice Chinese would set you right up.
Aye, it would, but I'd enjoy it more tomorrow when I don't have to run around later
Old Apr 21st 2017, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Too many Chinese dishes here have small bones included
Old Apr 21st 2017, 4:28 pm
Cultural Marxist

Originally Posted by mrken30 View Post
That's not a common problem I run into.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 5:51 pm

That's... disturbing.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

That's... disturbing.
I think I just order the wrong dishes. Last time I ordered ribs, thinking they would come whole, not chopped into 100 pieces.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:28 pm
Cultural Marxist

I think I just order the wrong dishes. Last time I ordered ribs, thinking they would come whole, not chopped into 100 pieces.
That's just wrong.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement