Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Puppy Dog Thread.

The Puppy Dog Thread.

Old Oct 5th 2021, 11:06 pm
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Puppy Dog Thread.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
She's lovely. Fine set of teeth, too. I've only ever known one dachshund personally, and he was very territorial too.
I credit her teeth to raw diet and her 3 times a week brushing with doggy toothpaste, even the vet during her annual exam is "I see she has never had a cleaning" looks at teeth and gums "well I don't see any reason she needs to have a cleaning this year."

It not us saying screw it not cleaning her teeth, the vet literally doesn't reccomend she get a cleaning as she doesn't need one yet, vet has nothing to gain by lying saying she doesn't need one, so I beleive the vet that her teeth and gums are healthy.

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Charlee looks lovely and her appearance suggests she's got life sussed!

We had Daxies at home, my parents wouldn't consider a different breed after the first one (who was definitely part of my childhood). They have that combination of intelligence and character that can produce the best canine friends - but definitely on their own terms and bounded by the stubborness of a donkey! Like Podengos, they definitely need something to keep them amused and occupy their time, otherwise..........
They are very much if you want me to do this, what is in it for me type breed.

I had one previous to Charlee in the early 00's and why I chose another, I just never had a small breed quite like a dashchund is.
Old Oct 6th 2021, 8:48 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
They are very much if you want me to do this, what is in it for me type breed.

I had one previous to Charlee in the early 00's and why I chose another, I just never had a small breed quite like a dashchund is.
First rule of Dachshund - do NOT tell them they are a small dog!!
Old Oct 6th 2021, 9:03 am
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
First rule of Dachshund - do NOT tell them they are a small dog!!
That is true, they do not understand they are like 10-12 pounds.

(well the miniature versions like ours, standards can get closer to 30 pounds but are not very common in this part of the world, I have never seen a standard at all, I am sure they exist, just not nearly as common as the miniature dashchunds, which really are no miniature...at least compared to other mini breeds that can be like 2-3 pounds.)
Old Oct 16th 2021, 1:58 am
If I only had a brain

Not our dog, but good example of what a bored dachshund can do while the humans are away. Our's has lots of mental stimulation and enrichment and lots of prey (her squeky toys) to hunt and along with walks, she has only ever destroyed 1 item an apple iphone charger when she was a baby, other than that 1 charger, nothing else, she doesn't even rip her toys apart, she has some OG toys still that are going to be 7 years old in January, they are worn, but not destroyed.

People see a small cute dog, but forget they are a working breed, a small working breed but still a working breed, they get bored easily, and need a job to do, even if the job is just hunting squeky toys, enrichment is important to working breeds because well if they don't have something to do, they will find something to do.

Old Oct 17th 2021, 5:34 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I had a request for Charlee so here she is......I will post another couple tomorrow that I have on my memory stick, just need to find it, but these are the ones I had on my FB.

As you may see if she knows her photo is being taken she gives the stink eye

This one is from 2020, I think I posted it before.

And this is the first picture we took of her (look how bad phone pics where back then.....) when we got home in January 2015 after having driven south of the border through most of Washington state to get her, so technically she is American like me.

She is gorgeous.
So super healthy , shiny and fit. Just fab.
Old Oct 25th 2021, 2:12 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Yard Work!

Old Oct 25th 2021, 2:12 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Stealth Bully.

Old Oct 25th 2021, 2:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Yard Work!

The Branch Manager.
Old Oct 25th 2021, 2:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Stealth Bully.

Hostas. A shade-loving plant, providing excellent ground and bulldog coverage.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 12:12 pm

Woooo... Daycare day!

Old Oct 26th 2021, 12:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Stanley is quite a character.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Stanley is quite a character.
He's a good guy. Looking back at the pics here, he was so tiny!
Old Oct 27th 2021, 12:51 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Woooo... Daycare day!

He has grown......... still has those "Duce-like" gestures though........ "Credere! Obbedire! Combattere!"
Old Nov 8th 2021, 9:59 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Kolya and Layla enjoying playing in the autumn leaves.
Old Nov 8th 2021, 10:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger View Post

Kolya and Layla enjoying playing in the autumn leaves.
They look like great friends. Lovely dogs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.