Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

The Puppy Dog Thread.

The Puppy Dog Thread.

Old Dec 13th 2017, 10:56 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Puppy Dog Thread.

Originally Posted by BenK91 View Post
Meet Ralph!

http://i63.tinypic.com/2q396vm.jpg

He’s a French bulldog and he just turned 2! I got him when he was 12 weeks old and he’s a huge character (also a massive pain in the arse sometimes).
Hi Ralph!

He's a sweetie! And knows it, I bet.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Hi Ralph!

He's a sweetie! And knows it, I bet.
Oh he definitely knows... and uses it against me.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

She is doing ok I think. Has good days and bad. Just need the good ones to outnumber the bad now... Hopefully just a case of needing time to heal. It's been slow going so far.

Don't let Christmas be spoilt... There is a big difference between being stuck in a shelter and being put up in a doggy hotel for a few days of Christmas relaxation by a caring owner.
I'm glad she seems to be doing okay. Fingers the good days outweighing the bad days begin very very soon.

I know, and I guess you're right! Dani has been great for my home sickness as she keeps me busy, so I guess I'll just miss her a lot!

She's staying with a couple who have run a dog sitting business for around 2/3 years, and now use rover to get more customers. She will be given exercise, there will be at least 5 other dogs there, they have free roam of the land. We have been told not to bring her crate, as they allow dogs to sleep, play and go where they wish! This is good for us, as Dani is crate trained, but we only allow her to sleep where she wishes (usually in bed with us) on the weekend as sometimes she can ruin our sleep, and we can't have that during the week! They have tonnes of toys too, so new toys to play with will stimulate her. We have been told to just bring her food and any treats she has. They also have a big back yard, so I guess you're right, she will be with a very caring couple.

Oh he definitely knows... and uses it against me.
He is a very cute, adorable little dog! Definitely looks like he knows how to pull the strings in his favour. Just like our pup does!
Old Dec 14th 2017, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually wanted an English bulldog, a friend of mine has one but the apartment I was living in at the time was tiny and so I went with a French Bulldog instead.

It's great seeing them play together! The noises that come out of the pair of them

All throughout my childhood and teens we had black Labradors - going from a highly trained, obedient and pretty smart dog to a French Bulldog that's stubborn and not the smartest was definitely a learning curve! I wouldn't change a thing about him though, the vet bills can be pretty frustrating but we haven't had one for a while now so
Old Dec 14th 2017, 5:13 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I actually wanted an English bulldog, a friend of mine has one but the apartment I was living in at the time was tiny and so I went with a French Bulldog instead.

It's great seeing them play together! The noises that come out of the pair of them

All throughout my childhood and teens we had black Labradors - going from a highly trained, obedient and pretty smart dog to a French Bulldog that's stubborn and not the smartest was definitely a learning curve! I wouldn't change a thing about him though, the vet bills can be pretty frustrating but we haven't had one for a while now so
Emily is our 2nd English. So sweet tempered. I do have a real soft spot for Frenchies though. Always seem so happy.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 6:34 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I think I cried every day for 2 years after my dog died, I'd see dog shit on the road and start bawling. I might seriously hurt someone over a perceived insult, but I'm not so tough.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I have broken up for the semester from college, and as the puppy is going to be spending a week away from us, I've been spending lots of time with her going to the dog park, running, playing with her and everything else she loves to do.

Today, we went for a 2.5 hour hike! We covered a lot of ground, lots of walking and climbing stuff! We got to a very quiet part of the hike, so I let her off leash for 20 mins. This was her second time off leash, and she did better this time! She didn't disappear from my sight at all, and anytime I used the 'emergency recall' she came running right back to me!

I taught an emergency recall, asides from her usual come here, as she chooses whether she responds to that, especially if something is more enticing (squirrels, sniffing, people, dogs). The emergency recall means she gets some hot dog chunks EVERY TIME she comes back to me when I use it, and she loves treats more than anything else! Heck, she started to chase a squirrel today, I used the emergency recall, and she made the choice to come and get hot dog instead!

Here is a pic of her, in her new Ruffwear harness, after responding to her emergency recall. She's waiting patiently for her hot dog chunks!
Attached Thumbnails The Puppy Dog Thread.-img_2843.jpg  
Old Dec 20th 2017, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste View Post
I have broken up for the semester from college, and as the puppy is going to be spending a week away from us, I've been spending lots of time with her going to the dog park, running, playing with her and everything else she loves to do.

Today, we went for a 2.5 hour hike! We covered a lot of ground, lots of walking and climbing stuff! We got to a very quiet part of the hike, so I let her off leash for 20 mins. This was her second time off leash, and she did better this time! She didn't disappear from my sight at all, and anytime I used the 'emergency recall' she came running right back to me!

I taught an emergency recall, asides from her usual come here, as she chooses whether she responds to that, especially if something is more enticing (squirrels, sniffing, people, dogs). The emergency recall means she gets some hot dog chunks EVERY TIME she comes back to me when I use it, and she loves treats more than anything else! Heck, she started to chase a squirrel today, I used the emergency recall, and she made the choice to come and get hot dog instead!

Here is a pic of her, in her new Ruffwear harness, after responding to her emergency recall. She's waiting patiently for her hot dog chunks!
She looks really cute! Senga has a red harness as well... When I walk her with my sunglass's on though,sometimes get the impression people think I am blind
Old Dec 20th 2017, 10:38 am

Old Dec 20th 2017, 11:46 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I think she wants a different TV programme. That one doesn't seem to be grabbing her attention.

She's looking well though.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I think she wants a different TV programme. That one doesn't seem to be grabbing her attention.

Oh... The TV is on. I will just move over in front of it a bit so that you can see me more easily.

She's looking well though.
Our latest discovery is oatmeal. She loves it and it seems to stay inside the dog. Which is a huge bonus.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Oh... The TV is on. I will just move over in front of it a bit so that you can see me more easily.
Everything here is mine, btw.

Our latest discovery is oatmeal. She loves it and it seems to stay inside the dog. Which is a huge bonus.
Is she Scottish? Maybe try haggis?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Everything here is mine, btw.

Is she Scottish? Maybe try haggis?
She is sort of haggis shaped.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
She looks really cute! Senga has a red harness as well... When I walk her with my sunglass's on though,sometimes get the impression people think I am blind
Thank you! She really is

Her harness is a deep pink, but it looks red in photos or dark areas! Kind of annoying as we want her to be noticed as a girl, as she's forever mistaken for a boy!
Old Mar 15th 2018, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

How is Emily doing lately?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.